Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Holiday Inn

kimpunkrock

Holiday Inn makes me want to go back to Connecticut. That beautiful farm. Although growing up in CT is not all that, so many classic films take place there and so many classic stars have lived there that all you have to do is go down to Litchfield County (where I am from), close your eyes and pretend that it is the 1940's. Maybe just maybe when you open your eyes, you just might see good old Bing Crosby ride by on a horse drawn sleigh.

Holiday Inn is a great film. I like it better than White Christmas. I recently bought the Holiday Inn VHS for a dollar because I had never seen it before. Now I want the DVD! Films like this make me want it to be Christmas all year round!

-

kpr

I agree, HOLIDAY INN is a far superior film to WHITE CHRISTMAS. I always liked the idea of an Inn that was only open during the holidays, but could never understand how he was able to afford to put on such lavish shows when they were only open around 15 days a year (give or take a holiday!).

> {quote:title=Scottman wrote:}{quote}

> I agree, HOLIDAY INN is a far superior film to WHITE CHRISTMAS. I always liked the idea of an Inn that was only open during the holidays, but could never understand how he was able to afford to put on such lavish shows when they were only open around 15 days a year (give or take a holiday!).

I imagine that back then times were different and the cost of things were less. Things were simpler with less technology and less expensive things to fill your house with. Food was cheaper and I imagine that money went farther back then.

Things were better back then. Granted the whole civil rights movement had not begun yet, but for us Caucasians things were pretty good and there were better family values. It is my opinion that technology has taken us away from that simpler time. I would do anything for a time machine.

I agree, Kim. Once you have the technology, it would be hard to give it up. But it's all so complicated. Life was simpler when I was a kid. It took longer to get things done. But we weren't in such a *******hurry all the time. I've told people in Chicago about the small town I grew up in. They say, "No theatre. No sports. No bar scene. What do you do there?" We talk to each other. It's nice.

That sounds like the town I grew up in. No movie theater, no fast food joints. We did have bars though. Thomaston CT is still virtually untouched. The town refuses to allow any fast food joints and the only thing that can compare to one of those places is Dunkin Donuts and it took the town forever to approve the building of one. I love that little old town. Sometimes I wish I still lived there with my folks.

It seems like back in the day it was ok for kids to live with their parents before they got married. Now not so much. It just mirrors the break down of the family that has happened in the last 30-40 years.

That is a small town. We had two movie theatres. Restaurants. A cute little downtown area. It just wasn't an urban environment. Incidentally, I should stop using past tense. I finally said, The Hell with it, and moved back there!

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings