Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Many movies of Hedy in APril on TCM

boyawar

Some people here always asked why don't they show "Lady of the Tropics" with Robert Taylor. Well April 3rd on the east coast late at night it will be shown. Feast your eyes on a beauty in her first entrance in the night club...when even a woman advised Taylor, not to look as she made her entrance.

Hedy is Star of The Month for April so you might look for one of those 4 or 5 minute promos for her.

(It's too bad we couldn't get a good picture of her instead of Gene WIlder on our Now Playing cover. No knock on Gene but Hedy has better hair.)

Hey All,

i love Hedy Lamar she was very beautiful..i thought she had a great scense of humor...her work in MadamX with Gable was very good i thought....i dont know if i would call her a great actress but she sure was beautiful!

AvaG

Message was edited by: AvaG92260

I think you're right ... but for someone who is not considered to be a great actress I think she still acquitted herself well in most of her movies. She had a way of getting by. I loved her in Algiers. She had an elegant air of sophistication, elegance, and sheer beauty. How could Pepe not fall in love with her? And of course she reminded him of Paris, that's what really did it. What a great movie!

Also, don't miss her in Exstacy. See her run through the glen, and in a most fetching manner too. She is known for something else with respect to this film ... but wait, we're jumping the gun. It's not even April yet.

///

Lady of the Tropics has the lovliest rainy scene in motion pictures as Miss Lamarr and Robert Taylor are walking down the street and chatting, it starts to rain, but they don't notice, as the rain gets heavier, they are drenched, and the wetter they get the more beautiful they get...Hedy

looked just as beautiful with her hair soaking wet and flat to her head...the beauty is there..

Hedy was glorious...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I am so mad I missed it! I would have seen all her movies by now if I hadn't missed April. I don't even know what I was doing that I would've missed a whole month of Lamarrvelous. I wonder if they had any promos, documentaries or interviews with her kids or friends?

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings