Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

The Annual FrankGrimes Torture Thread

Howdy, Coop's Indecorous Gal -- So then one of the MST guys says in Gumbo?s voice ?Thank goodness for the internal genatalia!? So maybe Gumby can have kids .

:D You got a big laugh from me, MiSTy! Is that a Joel ep?

Hiya, Goodie-Goody Gumdrops -- There are so many levels of "wrong" in this thread...

Don't I know it. Exhibit A: you're here. :P

I can hardly take you seriously anymore, Frank,

You actually did? :P

Even if you tone this thread down to "slightly bizarre," we'd beat you in the sanity category any day.

It's always about violence with you, isn't it?

Sanity is much too overrated, Krazy Kim. Now where did you hide the Krayons?

Hola, Lady B -- What CAN'T Gumby do?

Ahem.

I wonder if there's a British version of Gumby, with a bowler hat and umbrella.

Don't look at me.

Hey, CineBabe -- Sssssshhhhhhhh!! Frank is watching "THE BAD AND THE BEAUTIFUL" dvd he just bought. He's got to report back on the Gloria Grahame thread...don't disturb him.

I wish! I'm waiting until the Deep Discount sale to get it. I may get a few Double G films.

Bonjour, Miss G -- MrGrimes...you're awfully quiet...or are you in the back room with Miss Goo?

Didn't you read the sign on the door? Ohhh, look who I'm asking. :P

*You got a big laugh from me, MiSTy! Is that a Joel ep?*

No, it's from *Screaming Skull* which is a Mike ep from season 9. It's one of my faves and that Gumby short is great, they really ripped it up.

Throw me in the oven, Hansel. After being blinded by the pink aura in the shape of a h(can't bare to say the word) I don't want to live anymore. Would've preferred to end my stay on earth by water but maybe going in the oven allows me to enter cookie land where I can wreak havoc there instead. I'd form my own army of marshmallow men to destroy gingerbread country. Can't help it, soy mala!

staypuft.jpg

Howdy, Mrs. Ben Murphy -- No, it's from Screaming Skull which is a Mike ep from season 9. It's one of my faves and that Gumby short is great, they really ripped it up.

I just read up on Wikipedia about "The Screaming Skull" and the Gumby short ep and I actually have seen it. I'm gonna have to check to see if I have it on tape. It's been awhile.

Bonjour, Mlle D?esse -- If that were true there would be a lot of things around here I couldn't see!

Well, isn't there? :P:P

Throw me in the oven, Hansel. After being blinded by the pink aura in the shape of a h(can't bare to say the word) I don't want to live anymore. Would've preferred to end my stay on earth by water but maybe going in the oven allows me to enter cookie land where I can wreak havoc there instead. I'd form my own army of marshmallow men to destroy gingerbread country. Can't help it, soy mala!

:D

La tierra de corazones es donde usted ir?! All? usted abrazar? a ni?os todo el d?a, Cari?o de bruja. :P

> {quote:title=FrankGrimes wrote:}{quote}

> :D You get a "ha" for that one. Ha! :P

>

> You're not near-sighted nor far-sighted you are no-sighted. ;)

Well I can "see" that you are certainly no gentleman! :P

> {quote:title=FrankGrimes wrote:}{quote}

> Well I can "see" that you are certainly no gentleman! :P

>

> You further prove my point... you are no-sighted.

Maybe, but I'm still an eyeful. ;)

Mrs. Bubba not only came to Boca this afternoon, but she came to my clubhouse, where there was a sizeable crowd. Hey, I've never seen a (former) first lady before, much less one running for president, so of course I joined the throng passing through the metal detectors. (they were frisking the 90 year old seniors, lol) Love her or hate her, it was a historical moment and I was glad I went. Chelsea was there too and spoke.

See, Frank? Women rule! So treat us with RESPECT.

But I still want Gumby as my nominee.

Message was edited by: Bronxgirl48

I saw TMWSLV last night on TCM.

I'm more in love with Tom than ever. What a noble soul.

Tom Doniphon = :x :x :x

Ranse Stoddard = :P :p :P

OK I'll grow up now.

I avoided watching it because....because this movie just STIRS ME UP so much I'd never have gotten to sleep afterward. If I didn't have to get up in the morning to go to work I would have watched it.

Yes, Mr S is a screechy windbag. :D

The first time I saw VALANCE I didn't know the significance of that beautiful shot of Tom's coffin in the opening scenes. But last night I almost CRIED when I saw it, how poignant it looked -- how lonely...I can't abide thinking of what Tom did all those years without Hallie....did he become an alcoholic, or a recluse?

I didn't think it was believable that Ranse in the final scene on the train actually wants to return to Shinbone to set up a law practice. Hallie has always dreamt of going back, but isn't Ranse supposed to be considering running for President? It's wonderful that he wants to return, but I just didn't buy it.

Message was edited by: Bronxgirl48

The first time I saw VALANCE I didn't know the significance of that beautiful shot of Tom's coffin in the opening scenes. But last night I almost CRIED when I saw it, how poignant it looked -- how lonely...I can't abide thinking of what Tom did all those years without Hallie....did he become an alcoholic, or a recluse?

Possibly, I think he gave up on life when Hallie left. And I always cry when I see the cactus rose.

I didn't think it was believable that Ranse in the final scene on the train actually wants to return to Shinbone to set up a law practice. Hallie has always dreamt of going back, but isn't Ranse supposed to be considering running for President? It's wonderful that he wants to return, but I just didn't buy it.

Ha! I believe it, only because it's soooooooooooooo late in the day for him to finally

make it up to Hallie---and to his own conscience about Tom. If he were younger, I

wouldn't buy any sudden turn-about, no way. And maybe we can assume he knows he

has no real shot at the presidency so it's no big sacrifice anyway. :P

By the way, Is this "torture" enough for you, Mr Grimes? :D

Message was edited by: MissGoddess

Good Evening, Bronx Blossom! -- Re: Marilyn in glasses. She certainly is, in the words of David Wayne, "quite a strudel".

More than GG, Mister Grimes, don't you think?

I was speaking of Goo, not Gloria.

Now do you honestly believe I've ever choose someone over Goo? I'm supremely loyal.

I saw TMWSLV last night on TCM. I'm more in love with Tom than ever. What a noble soul.

He could have it all if he had a pair. :P

I hadn't noticed how SCREECHY Rance is.

You find Screechy sexy, admit it.

Mrs. Bubba not only came to Boca this afternoon, but she came to my clubhouse, where there was a sizeable crowd. Hey, I've never seen a (former) first lady before, much less one running for president, so of course I joined the throng passing through the metal detectors. (they were frisking the 90 year old seniors, lol) Love her or hate her, it was a historical moment and I was glad I went. Chelsea was there too and spoke.

;)

See, Frank? Women rule! So treat us with RESPECT.

That's all I do! When have I not? :D

The first time I saw VALANCE I didn't know the significance of that beautiful shot of Tom's coffin in the opening scenes. But last night I almost CRIED when I saw it, how poignant it looked -- how lonely...

That's why I say The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance is even better in a second viewing. I have the same reaction as you do. Well, sort of. I cry when Ranse has to admit the truth. It's heartbreaking. :P

I can't abide thinking of what Tom did all those years without Hallie....did he become an alcoholic, or a recluse?

That scaredy cat hid in the shadows. That's what he always did best. :P Yes, I'm being my obnoxious self. Doniphon sacrificed all for Hallie and... Shinbone.

I'm with Miss G; first and last time, so please take note. I believe Ranse was very much affected by the small but exceptionally important gathering of people who attended Tom's funeral. Ranse had lost his way... just as Hallie did. They had become detached from matters of the heart. They were/are dead inside. Their return to Shinbone helped to open their eyes and hearts again.

Good Evening, Fordy Guns -- OK I'll grow up now.

I hope not.

Yes, Mr S is a screechy windbag. :D

Hmmmmmm... :P

By the way, Is this "torture" enough for you, Mr Grimes? :D

Yes, your mere presence is plenty. :P :p :P

He could have it all if he had a pair.

You just drew Aces-and-Eights for that remark, Pilgrim.

I'm with Miss G; first and last time, so please take note.

OK, we'll deal you a Queen of Hearts instead.