Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

The Annual FrankGrimes Torture Thread

He could have it all if he had a pair.

You just drew Aces-and-Eights for that remark, Pilgrim.

Two pair compared to Doniphon's none. :P :p

I'm with Miss G; first and last time, so please take note.

OK, we'll deal you a Queen of Hearts instead.

Thank you!

manchurian32.jpg

I liked Leslie Parrish in this movie---she reminded me a little of MM.

Hey! You're right. She does remind me of Marilyn. Ohh, and, uhh, please ignore me saying, "you're right." :P

It's past your bedtime, Blondle. Get to sleep!

Leslie is looking quite lovely. I actually first knew of Leslie from one of my all-time favorite TV shows, Batman.

I'm going now, I'm pooped. Nighty night all you torturers and torturees. Until tomorrow...

cloakanddagger1.jpg

cloakanddagger2.jpg

Sydney Carton didn't have a pair either I guess.

I believe you're so right about Screech and Hallie being detached and dead inside.

You call women "ladies", right? That's too old-fashioned. It's like those personal ads where the guy writes, "I'm a gentleman who would love to meet a lady".

You know these guys are keeping Mother preserved in the cellar.

Sydney Carton didn't have a pair either I guess.

Why, did he cowardly hide in the shadows, too? :P

I believe you're so right about Screech and Hallie being detached and dead inside.

Hallie had already come to this realization before she returned to Shinbone but Ranse was cluless to it. He needed a good smack in face. Many, actually. The rest of their days are to be haunted by the ghost of Doniphon just as Doniphon's days were haunted by the loss of his only true love.

I do believe Doniphon took Hallie for granted. What men don't always realize is that a loving woman by your side makes everything else in life better. Hallie MADE Doniphon feel as if he owned HIS world. When he lost her, his world burned to the ground. I believe Doniphon thought Hallie was a part of his world when, in reality, she was all of his world.

You call women "ladies", right?

I do? Really? Are you sure, Lady B? :)

That's too old-fashioned. It's like those personal ads where the guy writes, "I'm a gentleman who would love to meet a lady".

It's a proven fact that I'm a gentleman. :D

So "ladies" are not into old-fashioned romance anymore? Hmmmm, I wonder...

The most old-fashioned of words and gestures will always work if a woman feels them deep inside to be true. There's no substitute for genuine feelings of love. Old or new, it's all about true.

You know these guys are keeping Mother preserved in the cellar.

You gotta like a son who looks after his mom, right? :D

Morning Frankie. I won't torture you like the others; they're just being mean to you. Now me...I just want to ask you a question...or your opinion: I'm watching "Some Came Running" as I get ready for another day in the 9-to-5 salt mines. Why d'ya s'pose Hitchcock didn't get a hold of Martha Hyer?? She was attractive, believable actress, had the ice-princess thing going on (a la your girl Gracie) and she was a blonde.

See, I cringe when I hear a man is a "gentleman" in 2008. This term might have been apt in the early part of the last century and before, and it mainly referred to males of high social status who could afford to have that "noblesse oblige" attitude about not just women, but everyone else. Frankly my Brit/Celtic dream world includes being married to one of these people of noble birth.

But nowadays in this miserable modern world, a "gentleman" has a darker connotation; these guys are usually sexually repressed and think women are either madonnas or whores. They respect women but usually don't think they belong outside the kitchen or the bedroom.

I groove on the vive le difference, but I want a guy I can be great friends with and pal around with, as well as all the lovin' stuff (as Marilyn says in BUS STOP) I don't want no guy tellin' me I'm a lady. Hell, no. I want him to call me a great dame. (the respect goes without saying)

That's DAME, not DANE.

Although as doggies go, they're pretty impressive.

Message was edited by: Bronxgirl48

Hiya, CineMaven -- Morning Frankie. I won't torture you like the others; they're just being mean to you.

Thank you, darlin'.

Now me...I just want to ask you a question...or your opinion: I'm watching "Some Came Running" as I get ready for another day in the 9-to-5 salt mines. Why d'ya s'pose Hitchcock didn't get a hold of Martha Hyer?? She was attractive, believable actress, had the ice-princess thing going on (a la your girl Gracie) and she was a blonde.

Well, first off, I LOVE Martha Hyer in Some Came Running. I found myself very attracted to her "Gwen," just as "Dave" (Frank Sinatra) did. Why? Many reasons, with the first being I find her to be pretty and very sexy. I also liked her being a challenge, although this would ultimately lead to frustration, as Dave finds out. And, believe it or not, there's a lot of "me" with Gwen.

As for Hitch, I just don't see Martha having enough sizzle and nearly enough screen presence to make it work. I like her more in a supporting role than as a leading lady.

Hola, Miss G(ary) -- Wow, I'm glad I didn't see that picture from Cloak and Dagger before I logged off, I never would have fallen asleep!

Ohhh, I'm very, very sorry. I'll make sure to never post another Gary Cooper cap on the board ever again. ;):P

Hi, LADY B -- See, I cringe when I hear a man is a "gentleman" in 2008.

So it must make great sense to you that I'm a gentleman then. :P

This term might have been apt in the early part of the last century and before, and it mainly referred to males of high social status who could afford to have that "noblesse oblige" attitude about not just women, but everyone else. Frankly my Brit/Celtic dream world includes being married to one of these people of noble birth.

I consider a gentleman to be a man who is respectful of women. Period. You know, like me. :D

But nowadays in this miserable modern world, a "gentleman" has a darker connotation; these guys are usually sexually repressed and think women are either madonnas or whores. They respect women but usually don't think they belong outside the kitchen or the bedroom.

Is there any other place for a woman other than the kitchen or bedroom? I'm struggling to think of any. Why don't you slip into something comfortable and make me a sandwich while you're at it. Multi-tasking. :P:P

I groove on the vive le difference, but I want a guy I can be great friends with and pal around with, as well as all the lovin' stuff (as Marilyn says in BUS STOP)

100% agreement. I believe true love spawns from friendship. I feel everlasting love needs to be built brick by brick and its to never be completed. You just keep building and building... together. I have also said that a raging fire will most always fizzle out. It's the slow-burning fire that can be maintained and it always feels the best. Too hot is hard to hold, just right will burn many a night.

I don't want no guy tellin' me I'm a lady. Hell, no. I want him to call me a great dame. (the respect goes without saying)

I actually disagree with you here. I think you would be very welcome to being called a "lady" if the right man is saying it to you and he's saying it how you wish to hear it. You are a mighty fine lady, Barb. Oh, well, I'm a terrible example. Imagine Burt Lancaster said that to you. :D

Tthat's DAME, not DANE.

Although as doggies go, they're pretty impressive.

I gotcha, Marmaduchess.

Here you go, Frank, a little more "torture", Pappy-Gene style:

I despise you. That clip was brilliant. I LOVED the commentary track on it. Whoever

was speaking, they were hitting all the right notes with me. He was certainly making

Tobacco Road even more interesting to me. I can see where it would be a tough

watch for you, though.

Unbelievably, Tobacco Road is the one film available on DVD that's going to end

up killing me. I hate you.

Oh, it wasn't too rough and I can see where he's coming from.

He also pointed out some worthy things about the movie that I liked.

ButterScotch! We finally found the magic bullet! :D

Oh, it wasn't too rough and I can see where he's coming from.

He also pointed out some worthy things about the movie that I liked.

I was actually mesmerized by that commentary track.

ButterScotch! We finally found the magic bullet!

That's your treatment?! You wish me dead? After all the love I have given? :P:P

FG: "Is there any other place for a woman other than the kitchen or bedroom? I'm struggling to think of any. Why don't you slip into something comfortable and make me a sandwich while you're at it. Multi-tasking."

Ow...you really are cruising for a bruisin' by BG and MG. Good luck!

FG: "Is there any other place for a woman other than the kitchen or bedroom? I'm struggling to think of any. Why don't you slip into something comfortable and make me a sandwich while you're at it. Multi-tasking."

Ow...you really are cruising for a bruisin' by BG and MG. Good luck!

:D You don't think I'm going to be served my sandwich?