Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

The Annual FrankGrimes Torture Thread

Hi Sir Francis:

I haven't played "Trivial Pursuit" in a long time. Once when playing someone was reading a question and when they stumbled over a name I not only answered but finished the question. The game came to an abrupt end.

Tonight we are going out for a friend's birthday and there is a trivia contest. For once people were happy that I am going with them as they think I will improve their chances.

As far as being boring goes. I can't imagine that you would have ever been but beat this one. In my senior year in high school when kids are up for "Most Likely To Succeed" and various other awards I was voted "Most Likely To Be Forgotten." ;)

>Hiya Chris...we are only at 15 yrs around here...It is good to pick and choose those battles...and remember love bears all things...Sometimes discretion is the better part of ...matrimony.

Well put. I hope when you hit my mark you will have been as happy as I have been. Even after that long I'm still not sure why she loves me.

Tonight we are going out for a friend's birthday and there is a trivia contest. For once people were happy that I am going with them as they think I will improve their chances.

I know if I was in a group trivia contest, I'd love to have you on the team Chris. Are you as good with general trivia as you are with movie trivia? :)

It depends. I love history and follow politics to a degree. I don't know much about modern music and have a passing knowledge of more current movies. I might do ok.

I've loved history since I was teen! One of my favourite classes in High School was AP US History. I still have the textbooks. More recently, I've been meaning to catch up with Ken Burns' great documentary on WW2, but have only been able to watch the first episode so far - I keep checking it out of the library and not having enough time to watch it.

History and Geography were as good as lunch for me. I did very well in Civics, which I think they now call just U.S. Gov't, and very well in U.S. History as well.

If you want a good WWII documentary that is more of a straight educational type check out "The World At War." It is long, about 22 hours. It is made by the British so it id from their point more than ours. It dates from 1970 and what makes it interesting is that nearly everyone they interview was involved. US governement officials to German infaantry soldiers to Japanese pilots. It is very interesting.

I caught some of Burns special when it was on last year adn while I found it interesting it wasn't the approach I was looking for so I didn't stick with it.

If you want a good WWII documentary that is more of a straight educational type check out "The World At War." It is long, about 22 hours. It is made by the British so it id from their point more than ours. It dates from 1970 and what makes it interesting is that nearly everyone they interview was involved. US governement officials to German infaantry soldiers to Japanese pilots. It is very interesting.

That one definitely sounds interesting. I'd like to watch it.

Did you ever watch that mini-series they had, the one where Bob Hoskins played Churchill, Michael Caine played Stalin, and John Lithgow played FDR?

Yes, *When Lions Roared*, that is the one.

It is amazing that Caine almost managed to make Stalin appear slightly likeable in an odd sort of way... I loved his Russian accent. :x

2835544.jpg

Oh, I appreciate your comments about *Wings of the Eagle* on the other thread, I've only seen it once but I already feel there's a lot of stuff I should keep an eye on when I watch it again. B-)

hey frankie kissy face furter!

*I've been off that list for years. I'm a misfit toy. But there are those who are far more naughty than nice than even me... like BUTTERSCOTCHGREER. That girl is in T-R-O-U-B-L-E.*

i heard that!!! yes you are a misfit toy, and i ghope santa recognizes your want to ruin every other toys' lives! heehee!maybe he can change your grumpy chip to a happy one. and how am i in trouble now?

hey chris!!

*Just finished "Prime Suspect 7." Has there been a sadder situation for all involved. You're right that at its most basic it is a terrific cop story. It does a first rate job of keeping you guessing. I was not completely surprised at who did it but it does not spoil the experience.*

*Lives ruined all around. Not just the two primary families but even Jane's chance at new one is met with hurdles that seem they will be hard to overcome. Her family relationships seem at an impasse. Her chance at a friendship is stopped. It was so right for her to go home early. No happy endings here. No neatly packaged summation of the series. Just the sadness of not knowing what tomorrow will hold. No one to call. No where to go. Another day to struggle through.*

i was!!! i was really surprised at who did it! but i knew something was going on with her, i knew she lied about jane making her get drunk, b/c she never would have done that to a child or a teenager. she cared too much about their new friendship. i literally could not stop crying during this movie, b/c everything kept happening at once. she finally made a friend out of that guy who was basically her competition in the first couple Prime Suspects and then to see what happened to him was terrible. she had someone to relate to and to talk to about certain things and it was just so emoitonal. i thought the conversation about jane's abortion with the teenage girl was interesting and emotional. i just hate that jane had one personally and then when the girl found out. i really think jane wanted it. it just makes you want to feel so bad for jane, but you shouldnt. you just want to go up to her and give her a big hug and say that everything will be okay.

i thought this was made so briliantly though, all of everything that happened made it one of the best police stories of all time for me. she was just so convincing that it just makes you feel like you understand her, which was a bit weird.

all in all did you like it? what was your view on the relationship between helen and the girl?

hey michaela!

how was your thanksgiving!? mine was awesome!

me and my cousins all tried to beat each other on one of their X-Box machines. heehee! it was a blast! i love that guitar hero game where you have to match the notes in order for the music to play. its like that dancing revolution game where you have to step on the arrows, but its with your hands......even the adults were getting tickled with the game trying to beat it!

HEY EVERYONE!!!!! i miss everyone so badly! i havent been around for a while, b/c my family has been in town for a while and i havent had a computer to get on, so sorry about that, but i read everyone's thanksgiving experiences! it looks like everyone had a fun time!

happy late turkey day!!!!

turkey.jpg

how was your thanksgiving!? mine was awesome!

Glad to hear that. My Thanksgiving was awesome, too. And Black Friday wasn't bad, either. Got a new 46" Sony Bravia for my bedroom. B-)

me and my cousins all tried to beat each other on one of their X-Box machines. heehee! it was a blast! i love that guitar hero game where you have to match the notes in order for the music to play. its like that dancing revolution game where you have to step on the arrows, but its with your hands......even the adults were getting tickled with the game trying to beat it!

I've a Wii right now but might get an X-Box 360 one of these days... haven't really had much time for gaming lately, so I am not in a hurry. But the Guitar Hero sure looks like it must be fun. I'd love a game that had songs from The Doors. :D

>all in all did you like it? what was your view on the relationship between helen and the girl?

I did like it. Everyone's life is so complicated and sad. For all the hard work Tennison did and success she was able to attain she is ultimately pretty unhappy. She feels guilt. She feels bad about her dad, nieces and sister and I think the way things turned out. She was always a drinker of sorts but I think this all dove her to the degree she went. She is old (retiring) and alone.

I think the relationship with the young girl grows out of a respect for the girl initially and I think her own child would have been about her age if she had kept it. The girl is filling a void.

Jane made choices. To not keep the baby was one. She presents it matter-of-factly but I donn't think she feels that way.

It was a very well done show, as are they all. She is a great character. Too bad it couldn't have ended a little happier for her.

> {quote:title=JackFavell wrote:}{quote}

> Frank Grimes wrote:

> "What am I, post-modernist or post-mortemist?"

>

> Post Mortimer.

>

> Photobucket

>

> Now that you've tried my cookies, Frank, would you like some elderberry wine?

>

> Love,

>

> Aunt Martha

LOL, great post, jackie!