Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

The Annual FrankGrimes Torture Thread

chris!

*I did like it. Everyone's life is so complicated and sad. For all the hard work Tennison did and success she was able to attain she is ultimately pretty unhappy. She feels guilt. She feels bad about her dad, nieces and sister and I think the way things turned out. She was always a drinker of sorts but I think this all dove her to the degree she went. She is old (retiring) and alone.*

i think she needed to retire, i know she didnt want to, but i think it was the best thing for her, especially for her body. i dont think she could have taken anymore disappointment than what she got in this last one. granted she is extremelt tough and i know she could deal with it, but could she accept everything? its sort of an odd question, but i keep asking myself that. i think she just needed someone to love.....i thought she came prety close to that guy in number 6 that helped her out. what do you think? werent you expecting anything to happen between them? i get so flustrated when i could have seen them be happily married!

i felt so sad about her feeling guilty about her daddy. she shouldnt have blamed herself for as much as she did. it wasnt her fault. he knew she loved him a lot, she just had trouble showing it to the maximum limit.

*I think the relationship with the young girl grows out of a respect for the girl initially and I think her own child would have been about her age if she had kept it. The girl is filling a void.*

i had never thought that if she kept the baby, it would have been that old. i guess it would have been that old. wow! but i wanted tosee their relationship blossom into a special thing, unfortunately it took a wrong turn. poor Helen!

*Jane made choices. To not keep the baby was one. She presents it matter-of-factly but I donn't think she feels that way.*

i thought she handled that part of her life rather well, but she hid her emoitions about having the abortion too well. i would have at least told someone to make myself feel better, i mean didnt you just see the sadness in her eyes when she gave up the baby? she was in tears! but when noone was looking of course.

*It was a very well done show, as are they all. She is a great character. Too bad it couldn't have ended a little happier for her.*

thats what i was hoping for before i watched it! but then all of the other people i know who had seen it told me not to expect anything happy, so for that i was a little disappointed, b/c this isnt my average movie that i love to sit and watch and cry forthe happiness, but i n spite of all of that, i loved it, b/c of the way she presented herself as the character Jane Tennison.

*Glad to hear that. My Thanksgiving was awesome, too. And Black Friday wasn't bad, either. Got a new 46" Sony Bravia for my bedroom.*

im glad to hear it!

*I've a Wii right now but might get an X-Box 360 one of these days... haven't really had much time for gaming lately, so I am not in a hurry. But the Guitar Hero sure looks like it must be fun. I'd love a game that had songs from The Doors.*

hey i played to this song on X-Box, its my favorite Doors song...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FzKLvxUhLlM&feature=related

they have something similar for Wii too, if you cant get X-Box. its called Rock Band, and its suppose to be better, my little brother wants that game for christmas. it not only has guitars, but a micorphone, drums and a few other things too. so you cqan have more fun!

I really like that song a lot, Theresa, although maybe I like this one just a wee bit more:

Did you ever watch Oliver Stone's *The Doors* ? That was a wild film, imho.

As for the X-Box, I really do want to get it, eventually, cause there's some games I wanna play in it, but no point in buying it until I have more time for gaming, and the prices might drop even further after Christmas. ;)

hey chris!

look how jane tennison transforms from the first Prime Suspect, to the last one...

PS 7 - the last act

behind the scenes

ps7img_002.jpg

part of the movie

ps7img_005.jpg

PS 6 - the last witness

ps6crimescene.jpg

PS 5 - errors of judgement

tennison_ps5.jpg

PS 4 - the scent of darkness

ps4scent.jpg

PS 4 -the inner circles

janeandrichard.jpg

PS 4 - the lost child

ps4lostchild.jpg

PS 3

ps3women.jpg

PS 2

ps2cardigan.jpg

PS 1

janetennison.jpg

*I really like that song a lot, Theresa, although maybe I like this one just a wee bit more:*

"Waiting for the sun" is a great song too! my mother was in looooove with the lead singer of the Doors, Jim Morrison, when she was a little girl and she still thinks he's one of the greatest. she's so obssessed with them, so i know pretty much the majority of their stuff too. heehee!

*Did you ever watch Oliver Stone's The Doors ? That was a wild film, imho.*

wasnt Val Kilmer in it? i think i have a while ago, but i didnt really like it, b/c of all the drug usage in it, but i thought it was a greatly acted movie on val's part. he did a great job.

*As for the X-Box, I really do want to get it, eventually, cause there's some games I wanna play in it, but no point in buying it until I have more time for gaming, and the prices might drop even further after Christmas.*

we also played the world War 1 and 2 games on X-Box that day and they are so lifelike with the blood and my cousins murdered me so many times, i lost count. im not very good at that game, heehee, but it was fun to hunt them down, which i didnt get to do very often, b/c they are better at it than i am...they even tricked me by hiding below my figure in the game and when i looked down i freaked out and they shot me....it was actually really funny, b/c my cousins are so hilarious.

"Waiting for the sun" is a great song too! my mother was in looooove with the lead singer of the Doors, Jim Morrison, when she was a little girl and she still thinks he's one of the greatest. she's so obssessed with them, so i know pretty much the majority of their stuff too. heehee!

Well, you know, he was the lizard king. ;)

wasnt Val Kilmer in it? i think i have a while ago, but i didnt really like it, b/c of all the drug usage in it, but i thought it was a greatly acted movie on val's part. he did a great job.

Reportedly, he also did his own singing, and that's not bad at all, because it's hard to tell his voice apart from Morrison's (at least it was for me).

they even tricked me by hiding below my figure in the game and when i looked down i freaked out and they shot me....it was actually really funny, b/c my cousins are so hilarious.

So you got pwned? ;)

It sounds like fun, I definitely must look into getting a 360 at some point. B-)

I found this cute cartoon on one of my fave Astros sites and thought I?d post it. It?s from ?62 when it was announced that Houston would be getting a major league baseball teamed originally called the Colt .45s then changed to the Astros a few years later.

Bentley.jpg

Hey Frank, I notice your guy seems to be the most scared :P.

Me and my friend Lisa watched the movie *The Doors* so many times in high school, I?m sure I have the whole thing memorized. I think *Five to One* is my fave song of theirs. When I was in Paris in ?97 we went to the cemetery he?s buried in and there is always a guard posted near his grave to keep people from messing with it.

Me and my friend Lisa watched the movie The Doors so many times in high school, I?m sure I have the whole thing memorized. I think Five to One is my fave song of theirs. When I was in Paris in ?97 we went to the cemetery he?s buried in and there is always a guard posted near his grave to keep people from messing with it.

I must have seen that movie about 15 times when I was in college. B-)

Kinda miss the old Oliver Stone, the new one appears to have finally learned the meaning of subtlety. :|

I watched the documentary that came with the DVD and the cop that Tennison is based on told her to never let them see you cry. She meant if the men saw her she would be considered too soft and by extension not worth being the boss. That carried over to everything.

BTW, thanks for the pictures.

*Well, you know, he was the lizard king.*

he certainly was!! and my mother will never let me forget it. AAHHHH!! heehee! no really i do love jim Morrison, i just like to pick on her obssession about him. heehee!

*wasnt Val Kilmer in it? i think i have a while ago, but i didnt really like it, b/c of all the drug usage in it, but i thought it was a greatly acted movie on val's part. he did a great job.*

*Reportedly, he also did his own singing, and that's not bad at all, because it's hard to tell his voice apart from Morrison's (at least it was for me).*

yes momma told me he did his own singing in it. i think he also did his won singing in Top Secret!

he can do wonders with trying to make his voice sound like smeone else's. i have always loved Val Kilmer!....right frankie!...frankie thinks he's mel torme....but we have no way of knowing he's not mel torme! heehee!

*they even tricked me by hiding below my figure in the game and when i looked down i freaked out and they shot me....it was actually really funny, b/c my cousins are so hilarious.*

*So you got pwned?*

what does that mean michaela? if it means shot and killed gruesomely then yes! heehee! at ne point they shot my legs off and it was soooo disgusting to see on that game....YUCKY!! and he did it on purpose too!!! thats my cousin for ya. heehee! but i love him anyway.

*It sounds like fun, I definitely must look into getting a 360 at some point.*

it was fun, just make surely you dont have a bunch of boys playing against you...

hey chris!!

*I watched the documentary that came with the DVD and the cop that Tennison is based on told her to never let them see you cry. She meant if the men saw her she would be considered too soft and by extension not worth being the boss. That carried over to everything.*

oh well that makes a lotta sense. i havent gotten around to watching that documentary yet, im going to soon though, so maybe ill get more. heehee! okay i think i understand her character more so now, at least the emotional stae of it anyway. she couldnt really show any of them too much emotions, b/c they would have looked to her differently than they did, and they already thought she wasnt right for the job in the first place....she surely showed them! :) and im glad, someone had to teach them!

did you like the first one more so than the 7th one?

*BTW, thanks for the pictures.*

youre welcome! i love seeing how her appearance transformed from the first one to the last one.

what does that mean michaela? if it means shot and killed gruesomely then yes! heehee! at ne point they shot my legs off and it was soooo disgusting to see on that game....YUCKY!! and he did it on purpose too!!! thats my cousin for ya. heehee! but i love him anyway.

I dunno. That's what all the kids say when they beat someone else at a video game. "I pwned you!!" it's supposed to mean you're all uber and "leet" (gamers' parlance for "elite").

And I agree with you about Val Kilmer, though his career has been going down, sadly, in the last few years. :(

I'm a Charlie in the Box

So...when we finally manage to break out that ice cold rope and have ourselves a little "hanging party"....would that then be the Box-Bow Incident ??? :-) (sound of a rimshot playing in the distance)