Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

The Annual FrankGrimes Torture Thread

*You have to be a VERY patient and strategic person to play the game. I am this.*

Are you sure you don't mean somebody else and not yourself?

*Ever see Dahl's THE WITCHES?*

The Witches is one the best movies ever!

*[after zapping a witch into a pile of ashes]*

*Grand High Witch: I hope nobody else is going to make me cross today.* :)

Hello, Minya, ah! another THE WITCHES lover! Isn't Angelica just terrific? I love the way she barks out the orders and her impatience: "Come on! Come on! You're not on holiday!"

Shall we try Formula 86 on a certain person who makes us cross today?

Yes Barb, it's one of my favorites! I especially love the beginning when they take off their masks in the conference room and the end when you see them suffering by "their own medicine". What about the Grand High Witch's nose? I can't stop laughing!

d9998071db3259c4

Metsie, I'm so thrilled you love it too!!!! But then I shouldn't be surprised; anyone who appreciates Conrad Veidt has natural good taste.

LOL, yes, the nose, and her big index finger, and it's kind of funny the way some of the seated witches are actually MEN in drag!

Whenever I scratch my scalp I think of this movie.

> {quote:title=Minya wrote:}{quote}

> The Witches is one the best movies ever!

>

Minya, I am another huge fan of *The Witches* - I pretty much like everything Anjelica Huston has ever been in (with few exceptions) and I do hope to watch it again soon B-)

*I pretty much like everything Anjelica Huston has ever been in (with few exceptions) and I do hope to watch it again soon*

I like her too, and I guess she was Roald Dahl's first choice to play the Grand High Witch. :)

Ohhh, I think you know who we're talking about here. I'll give you a couple of hints-it isn't Chris and it IS you.

That's a tough hint. So it's not Chris. That means, it must be... Santa! How rotten of you!

Did you get all your shopping done? Did you ask Santa for anything? It's a given you won't get it because, you know...

> *I pretty much like everything Anjelica Huston has ever been in (with few exceptions) and I do hope to watch it again soon*

>

> I like her too, and I guess she was Roald Dahl's first choice to play the Grand High Witch. :)

Probably! It wouldn't surprise me in the least - who else could they have cast instead? ;)

>

> Ohhh, I think you know who we're talking about here. I'll give you a couple of hints-it isn't Chris and it IS you.

Talk about a direct hint! :P

*That means, it must be... Santa! How rotten of you!*

I would never say that about Santa!

*Did you get all your shopping done? Did you ask Santa for anything?*

I did very little shopping-my Pops and I agreed not to really do the whole presents thing, and I really had a hard time coming up with anything I really NEEDED. In your face!!!!! :)

*It's a given you won't get it because, you know...*

Hmmm, I hope you have a coal burning stove! :)

I would never say that about Santa!

Good, that gets me off the hook since I'm just like Saint Nick.

I did very little shopping

Grinch.

my Pops and I agreed not to really do the whole presents thing

Papa Grinch.

and I really had a hard time coming up with anything I really NEEDED. In your face!!!!!

Thneeds! We all need thneeds!

Hmmm, I hope you have a coal burning stove!

I'm so practical.

*Good, that gets me off the hook since I'm just like Saint Nick.*

I think you mean Saint Nick's evil twin.

*Papa Grinch.*

I'm so telling on you! He'll lay the smackdown on you for sure now. Actually, I did ask for a few books on Paris for next spring. And I did get him some wind ups for his stocking. He loves wind ups.

*I'm so practical.*

Oh, I didn't mean it in a practical way. :)

I think you mean Saint Nick's evil twin.

If in "evil" you mean sweet, yes!

I'm so telling on you!

I figured you to be just the type. :P

He'll lay the smackdown on you for sure now.

Season's greetings! :)

Actually, I did ask for a few books on Paris for next spring.

They actually make pop-up books for Paris? Cool!

And I did get him some wind ups for his stocking. He loves wind ups.

Oh, yeah? That's quite unique. I'm rather wound up. :P

Oh, I didn't mean it in a practical way.

What way did you mean? Oh, I see! You just wish me to be warm during the winter. That's so kind of you! By the way, it's been Seattling all day long here today.

*If in "evil" you mean sweet, yes!*

No, I meant it in it's usual way-meaning that you're evil.

*Oh, yeah? That's quite unique. I'm rather wound up.*

I knew it was all a bluff when you talk about how laid back you are.

*By the way, it's been Seattling all day long here today.*

Hopefully you guys handle it better than we do! :) Another storm is supposed to movie in this weekend, but I don't think it's supposed to be as snowy.

No, I meant it in it's usual way-meaning that you're evil.

:D

I knew it was all a bluff when you talk about how laid back you are.

:) I'm a big kid. Did you bake your cookies yet?

Another storm is supposed to movie in this weekend, but I don't think it's supposed to be as snowy.

We've had a little snow of late, but nothing serious. There's a chance of some snow on Sunday and Monday. The temps are going to be in the high-20s and low-30s next week.

> Hopefully you guys handle it better than we do! :) Another storm is supposed to movie in this weekend, but I don't think it's supposed to be as snowy.

Hey, as long as there are no power outages, you're not doing so bad! ;)

*Did you bake your cookies yet?*

Only one batch for my Christmas party. Time just seems to have gotten away from me. I may bake some this weekend if the weather stays sketchy.

*We've had a little snow of late, but nothing serious. There's a chance of some snow on Sunday and Monday. The temps are going to be in the high-20s and low-30s next week.*

It takes very little snow for this city to become totally incapacitated. :) We had a dusting Monday, nothing Tuesday, horrific threats and no snow Wednesday, reports of little snow and big snowstorms Thursday and lots of ice today. The forecasters are horrible at giving us an accurate forecast during this tme of year-they rarely get it right.

Only one batch for my Christmas party. Time just seems to have gotten away from me. I may bake some this weekend if the weather stays sketchy.

That's it? You have to bake your cookies!

Are you making Christmas dinner?

It takes very little snow for this city to become totally incapacitated. We had a dusting Monday, nothing Tuesday, horrific threats and no snow Wednesday, reports of little snow and big snowstorms Thursday and lots of ice today. The forecasters are horrible at giving us an accurate forecast during this tme of year-they rarely get it right.

:D Ice is the worst. We had a severe ice storm at this time last year and it was dreadful.

Harrisburg is pretty good with snow; most people here are used to. It only gets touchy when we get a serious snow storm.

*That's it? You have to bake your cookies!*

I know--many people have let me know that same thing in no uncertain terms. Gastronomical extortionists, the lot of them. :)

*Are you making Christmas dinner?*

I don't know yet-I'm supposed to be going to my Dad's house for breakfast, but a lot depends on the weather. We may be wishing each other Merry Christmas over the phone.

> *Hey, as long as there are no power outages, you're not doing so bad!*

>

> Agreed! I'm very fortunate to live in a neighborhood that doesn't have too many power issues.

Well, good for you. Right now power outages aren't a big issue, most of the time, but I've lived in places where they were, in the worst way you could imagine. That's the kind of experience that teaches you that power surge protectors are your friend. ;)