Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

The Annual FrankGrimes Torture Thread

> {quote:title=Minya wrote:}{quote}

> *I'm watching DR. ZHIVAGO now because it's the only way to get snow.*

>

> *Squirrel feet on my mother's roof is driving her crazy*.

>

> Wow-that was almost a haiku. :)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/74144993@N00/2674258932/

You've given me an idea! What about -- film haikus?

> {quote:title=FrankGrimes wrote:}{quote}

> Shall we try Formula 86 on a certain person who makes us cross today?

>

> You shouldn't do that to Chris! He's a very kind, considerate man.

When we turn you into a mouse, Frank, please leave the frogs alone or you'll get arrested.

mouse2.jpg

joan-bennett-s.jpg

I went out to a restaurant this evening and it's opposite a retirement community. As my girlfriend and I walked in (because we heard the food was good and a bargain), we faced a sea of gray heads. It is no exaggeration to say that we were the only "young" people in the establishment. As we were walking towards our table, several elderly gentlemen were staring at our chests and dropped their rice pudding.

> {quote:title=Bronxgirl48 wrote:}{quote}

>

> I went out to a restaurant this evening and it's opposite a retirement community. As my girlfriend and I walked in (because we heard the food was good and a bargain), we faced a sea of gray heads. It is no exaggeration to say that we were the only "young" people in the establishment. As we were walking towards our table, several elderly gentlemen were staring at our chests and dropped their rice pudding.

:D

How many times did you see old men whip out their portable respirators?

jayne-mansfield-and-sophia-loren-at-romanoffs-in-beverly-hills-by-joe-shere.jpg

Hopefully both sides survived the experience. lol Let's just hope you and your friend don't have nightmares this evening.

Regarding "The Witches", I also laughed at seeing a few men posing as old ladies in the conference. The Grand High Witch would certainly be a great nanny(covering her nose for sure) in reforming rotten kids. Just pointing the long index finger or showing the effects of Formula 86 might do the job.

> {quote:title=metsfan wrote:}{quote}

> Regarding "The Witches", I also laughed at seeing a few men posing as old ladies in the conference. The Grand High Witch would certainly be a great nanny(covering her nose for sure) in reforming rotten kids. Just pointing the long index finger or showing the effects of Formula 86 might do the job.

I don't believe I remember that scene - all the more reason to go out and rent this as soon as possible. If it comes out on blu-ray, I might even buy it! B-)

Yes, it was pretty surreal at the restaurant: Baby Boomers meeting themselves in the future eating rice pudding and lamb shanks.

Angelica Huston is one of my favorite actresses. She astounded me in ENEMIES, A LOVE STORY (where Ron Silver is actually sexy) playing his Jewish wife -- she was so believable, it was incredible!

Did anyone enjoy her performance as Morticia? She and Raul Julia made a great couple in "The Addams Family".

Film Fatale, you'll get to see the texture of their heads a little better with blu-ray. If I come across any info I will let you know.

> {quote:title=metsfan wrote:}{quote}

> Film Fatale, you'll get to see the texture of their heads a little better with blu-ray. If I come across any info I will let you know.

Well, I can only hope so... just don't get me started on digital noise reduction.

Bronxie, I just saw Wendell "Killer Corey" on the Loose---oh my goodness! I had about

three litters of kittens seeing him go quietly, menacingly berserk. What a performance,

he's one of the creepiest psychos I've seen ever. Eeew! Just a minute while I check

my door...

> {quote:title=MissGoddess wrote:}{quote}

> Bronxie, I just saw Wendell "Killer Corey" on the Loose---oh my goodness! I had about

> three litters of kittens seeing him go quietly, menacingly berserk. What a performance,

> he's one of the creepiest psychos I've seen ever. Eeew! Just a minute while I check

> my door...

Ah, you saw Wendell! How'd you like to have HIM in your kitchen??

That kind of character is always scarier to me than, say, a Tommy Udo type, lol. (although Victor wouldn't think so)

Oh! I saw my sweetpea Dickie in THE HOUSE ON TELEGRAPH HILL. I couldn't sympathize with Valentina Cortese's character taking on her fellow concentration camp prisoner's identity in order to live the good life and passing herself off as a mother! But I was secretly happy she got ensnared in the pseudo-noirish, had-I-but-known woman's Gothic plot, in this instance a very definite rip-off of REBECCA and SUSPICION, complete with a sinister housekeeper/nanny and liquids that may or may not be poisoned. (at one point, I thought Valentina's nightly glass of orange juice would be glowing) As if this wasn't enough, Basehart describes his aunt very similarly to Max's description of his first wife having "beauty, brains and breeding". There's a twist near the end but I wasn't very interested.

Message was edited by: Bronxgirl48

> {quote:title=Bronxgirl48 wrote:}{quote}

>

> Ah, you saw Wendell! How'd you like to have HIM in your kitchen??

> That kind of character is always scarier to me than, say, a Tommy Udo type, lol. (although Victor wouldn't think so)

>

He was MUCH scarier than Tommy.

> Oh! I saw my sweetpea Dickie in THE HOUSE ON TELEGRAPH HILL. I couldn't sympathize with Valentina Cortese's character taking on her fellow concentration camp prisoner's identity in order to live the good life and passing herself off as a mother! But I was secrectly happy she got ensnared in the pseudo-noirish, had-I-but-known woman's Gothic plot, in this instance a very definite rip-off of REBECCA and SUSPICION, complete with a sinister housekeeper/nanny and liquids that may or may not be poisoned. (at one point, I thought Valentina's nightly glass of orange juice would be glowing) As if this wasn't enough, Basehart describes his aunt very similarly to Max's description of his first wife having "beauty, brains and breeding". There's a twist near the end but I wasn't very interested.

Great review and I agree with every word. I am mystified at Valentina's appeal, but apparently

she really had "it" at least as far as Dickie was concerned and several other men. I didn't

catch the reference to Basehart's aunt, though, I missed that. Wasn't he cute in his David

Niven dressing gown? :D