Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

The Annual FrankGrimes Torture Thread

Richard IRL could have had ME instead of Valentina. (of course at the time I was only a sparkle in my parent's eyes, lol)

Frank, are you reading this? Can you post that lovely photo again of Dickie in that dressing gown? I believe he was carrying the glass of o.j.

I can't believe I just watched THE ILLUSIONIST on that crummy Mystery Channel.

It was a laborious gilt-edged bore. Whenever Edward Norton appeared on stage to demonstrate his tricks, I kept hoping Peter Boyle would show up as the Monster and start singing "Puttin' on the Ritz".

> {quote:title=metsfan wrote:}{quote}

> Did anyone enjoy her performance as Morticia? She and Raul Julia made a great couple in "The Addams Family".

>

> Film Fatale, you'll get to see the texture of their heads a little better with blu-ray. If I come across any info I will let you know.

That's one Angelica film I haven't seen. She's also good in THE GRIFTERS and AGNES BROWNE.

Message was edited by: Bronxgirl48

If I was to talk about my favourite Anjelica Huston films, other than *The Witches*, I would definitely have to include Stephen Frears' *The Grifters*, Woody Allen's *Crimes and Misdemeanors* and Paul Mazursky's *Enemies, A Love Story*. Great movies, all.

> {quote:title=Bronxgirl48 wrote:}{quote}

> Richard IRL could have had ME instead of Valentina. (of course at the time I was only a sparkle in my parent's eyes, lol)

>

lol! So you could be their daughter...maybe you should double check things with your

Mom. It might explain some things. :D

Of course, then you'd have to give up some of those fantasies you've been having

about Dickie...

Frank, are you reading this? Can you post that lovely photo again of Dickie in that dressing gown? I believe he was carrying the glass of o.j.

And, you're right, The House on Telegraph Hill reminded me of a lesser Suspicion. I like Valentina.

houseontelegraphhill4-1.jpg

houseontelegraphhill5.jpg

houseontelegraphhill6.jpg

Bronxgirl writes: "I can't believe I just watched THE ILLUSIONIST on that crummy Mystery Channel.

It was a laborious gilt-edged bore. Whenever Edward Norton appeared on stage to demonstrate his tricks, I kept hoping Peter Boyle would show up as the Monster and start singing "Puttin' on the Ritz"."

What did you think of Jessica Biel??

> {quote:title=CineMaven wrote:}{quote}

> Bronxgirl writes: "I can't believe I just watched THE ILLUSIONIST on that crummy Mystery Channel.

>

> It was a laborious gilt-edged bore. Whenever Edward Norton appeared on stage to demonstrate his tricks, I kept hoping Peter Boyle would show up as the Monster and start singing "Puttin' on the Ritz"."

>

> What did you think of Jessica Biel??

I didn't even know it was her. Frankly, she bothered me. All I kept thinking was, who is this annoying actress with lips that threatened to take over her entire face, faux European accent, and overdone "subtle"

look-I'm-being-classy Masterpiece Theatre emoting.

Hola, Minya! -- I loved your snowy porch picture. Very cool.

Did you make your cookies?

I don't know yet-I'm supposed to be going to my Dad's house for breakfast, but a lot

depends on the weather. We may be wishing each other Merry Christmas over the

phone.

Over the phone? Blah! I hope you can see each other tomorrow.

May you and your father have a very Merry Christmas together.

Bonjour, Miss Snippy -- I've been meaning to tell you how much I liked the "action movie" you posted. That was terrific. I especially liked the kitty sleeping at :58. :)

Hiya, Bronx Blossom! -- I went out to a restaurant this evening and it's opposite a retirement community. As my girlfriend and I walked in (because we heard the food was good and a bargain), we faced a sea of gray heads. It is no exaggeration to say that we were the only "young" people in the establishment. As we were walking towards our table, several elderly gentlemen were staring at our chests and dropped their rice pudding.

Seriously? I should try doing that now while I'm still relatively young. Was Joan Bennett with you, too? Is that why you posted her photo? That's my favorite Joanie pic.

There actually were several men with oxygen tanks. (unfortunately for them the only thing they could whip out....)

:D:D:D

I hope you and your mother have a wonderful Christmas, B.

And are you sure those are squirrel feet your mom is hearing on her roof?

'Twas the night before Christmas, when all through the house

Not a creature was stirring, not even a mouse;

The stockings were hung by the chimney with care,

In hopes that St. Nicholas soon would be there;

The children were nestled all snug in their beds,

While visions of sugar-plums danced in their heads;

And mamma in her 'kerchief, and I in my cap,

Had just settled down for a long winter's nap,

When out on the lawn there arose such a clatter,

I sprang from the bed to see what was the matter.

Away to the window I flew like a flash,

Tore open the shutters and threw up the sash.

The moon on the breast of the new-fallen snow

Gave the lustre of mid-day to objects below,

When, what to my wondering eyes should appear,

But a miniature sleigh, and eight tiny reindeer,

With a little old driver, so lively and quick,

I knew in a moment it must be St. Nick.

More rapid than eagles his coursers they came,

And he whistled, and shouted, and called them by name;

"Now, Dasher! now, Dancer! now, Prancer and Vixen!

On, Comet! on Cupid! on, Donder and Blitzen!

To the top of the porch! to the top of the wall!

Now dash away! dash away! dash away all!"

As dry leaves that before the wild hurricane fly,

When they meet with an obstacle, mount to the sky,

So up to the house-top the coursers they flew,

With the sleigh full of toys, and St. Nicholas too.

And then, in a twinkling, I heard on the roof

The prancing and pawing of each little hoof.

As I drew in my hand, and was turning around,

Down the chimney St. Nicholas came with a bound.

He was dressed all in fur, from his head to his foot,

And his clothes were all tarnished with ashes and soot;

A bundle of toys he had flung on his back,

And he looked like a peddler just opening his pack.

His eyes -- how they twinkled! his dimples how merry!

His cheeks were like roses, his nose like a cherry!

His droll little mouth was drawn up like a bow,

And the beard of his chin was as white as the snow;

The stump of a pipe he held tight in his teeth,

And the smoke it encircled his head like a wreath;

He had a broad face and a little round belly,

That shook, when he laughed like a bowlful of jelly.

He was chubby and plump, a right jolly old elf,

And I laughed when I saw him, in spite of myself;

A wink of his eye and a twist of his head,

Soon gave me to know I had nothing to dread;

He spoke not a word, but went straight to his work,

And filled all the stockings; then turned with a jerk,

And laying his finger aside of his nose,

And giving a nod, up the chimney he rose;

He sprang to his sleigh, to his team gave a whistle,

And away they all flew like the down of a thistle.

But I heard him exclaim, ere he drove out of sight,

"Happy Christmas to all, and to all a good-night."

Merry Christmas, everyone!

peanuts35.jpg

Merry Christmas Eve, Quiet Gal! -- Merry Christmas Grey Guy

Thank you!

from what I hear those little cousins are going to have quite a merry one thanks to a certain someone and his brother.

:);)

PS...I finally found the perfect hat for you:

Is that a cowboy Santa hat? Hey, that may fit my evil head.

Here's a sweet little angel:

peanuts36.jpg

Oh...now....I am sure she just mispelled it...of course she (and children everywhere) really meant to say giving. (oh..I am having a hard time keeping a straight face as I am living w/ the 5 year old version of Sally herself ,I am sure!)

> {quote:title=rohanaka wrote:}{quote}

> Oh...now....I am sure she just mispelled it...of course she (and children everywhere) really meant to say giving. (oh..I am having a hard time keeping a straight face as I am living w/ the 5 year old version of Sally herself ,I am sure!)

She must be a really great kid. Hope she'll have a beautiful, Merry Christmas. B-)

*The Torture Thread Sports Line*

A short note to the eponymous one and Dallas fan extraordinaire:

How are you, *Frank*, long time no talk. Baseball season is an eternity while the football season seems to whiz by. Both the Cowboys and the Chargers must win this final week to gain the playoffs. The Charger situation is laughable. They've had a miserable year and have trailed Denver the whole season, by as many as three games at one point, yet somehow find themselves in a position to advance if they beat Denver this Sunday. Neither of these teams are playoff caliber, to be sure. If the Chargers win, unless I'm mistaken, they will be fourth seed by virtue of being a Division winner (with a 8-8 record) and will host the wild card with the best record, which will be the Colts, 12-4 if they win Sunday. What a joke! (Unless they've changed the rule, allowing the Colts to be at home by virtue of a better record). I haven't followed Dallas real closely but you don't have to what with all the controversy, haha, but it's been a bit rocky, I know that. I thought they were back to form a couple of weeks ago with that impressive win over the Giants. I didn't see the Baltimore game but was surprised they lost. They are clearly better than the Chargers and will have a much better chance of advancing if they get in. The game with the Eagles is gonna be tough. Well, good luck, my friend, I wouldn't mind seeing Dallas get in there. :)