Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

The Annual FrankGrimes Torture Thread

Totally off topic, (is there actually a topic here though? ;) ) I gotta tell y?all about the dream I had last night. I?m not a pet person at all but I do love miniature horses and if I had to have a pet that?s what I would pick. So last night I dreamed that I was a waitress in a diner like in the 50s and it looked more like a real diner as opposed to what we see in more modern movies that are set in the 50s. Anyway, Gary was one of our regular customers but he was just a regular guy so not famous or anything like that. Well he came in one day (dressed like Will Kane ? yummy!) and he told me he had a present for me. So we went out back and in a little pen was a miniature horse and he went over and picked him up and told me it was for me. I just couldn?t believe it. Then Gary set him back down and I was petting him and playing with him and Gary was happy b/c it had made me so happy. He was tan with a blonde mane and tail and a little white around his nose. He looked kinda like the ones in these pics.

miniature-horse-0088.jpg

Castlewellan%20Champ.JPG

It was such a cute dream :x.

He looked so cute standing there holding that little horse. It was so sweet.

No, I didn?t think of a name for him in the dream but it would have to be something real cute like Applejack or something like that. My Little Pony was a new thing when I was a kid (and now they are celebrating their 25th anniversary!!!) and my fave was this one named Applejack.

Applejack.jpg

I had a Raggedy Ann and Andy too! I don't think those are ever gonna change ;). I also had a cute set of teddy bears that looked like the ones from 'Goldilocks and the 3 bears' and I'd have tea parties with them since my little table had four chairs.

That reminds me of a silent movie version of that story and it?s from the early 1900?s when teddy bears were first starting to become popular. Near the end a guy shows up dressed like Teddy Roosevelt on safari and he and Goldilocks chase down the three bears (people in bear costumes) and he shoots the mamma and poppa bears and then Goldilocks takes the baby bear as a pet. It was really pretty freaky.

> {quote:title=coopsgirl wrote:}{quote}

> I had a Raggedy Ann and Andy too! I don't think those are ever gonna change ;). I also had a cute set of teddy bears that looked like the ones from 'Goldilocks and the 3 bears' and I'd have tea parties with them since my little table had four chairs.

>

Well I had both of them, too, but Raggedy Ann was my favourite! :x

*Nice to see you around, Laffite!*

Thank you for saying that, FrankGrimes. Kind of made my day...

*Are you saying you want the Cardinals to win?*

*Yep. It would save this horrendous season for me.*

This sounds like me last year. No words describe how happy I was when the Patriots fell to the Agony of Defeat. I was so happy with the Thrill of Victory that I was positively giddy for three days. And it was nice being able to give up my fantasy of Belichick be hung upside down and mercifully caned by my band of berserkers dressed up in Charger uniforms. (I go to great lengths ot indulge my hatreds) Any yet how awful is it to feel such joy over a stupid football game! Does that tell you something about my life?

*But I know it's not going to happen.*

I don't want to spoil your depression and pessimism (I know, it can be fun ;) ) but I think the desert rats have a reasonably good chance of winning. I am hopeful. Kurt Warner is an old pro. Besides, more than ever, it is just too difficult to believe any more that the best team will necessarily win. The Cardinals have more of a chance than the Giants were given last year.

*The Steelers are a good team, but I don't consider them to be great. It's*

*just one of those years and times. It reminds me of 2000-01.*

I loved that game. I enjoy good defense and the Ravens were amazing that year. The vaunted Steeler defense does not match the Ravens of 2000. If it did then I would be saying, "it's not going to happen" too.

*Ouch!*

*Are you still feeling the aftereffects?*

No, that "ouch" referred to something else, touching on the passing of time and how old we can get when we keep on living ;) .

*:D I loved your retelling of a story that you don't*

*remember. That was great.*

Yes, a way of putting it. Well, since you caught that post before I was able to feverishly take it down, you may remember a question I posed, namely, how much did I pay for that ticket for Super Bowl I? Care to guess. FrankGrimes? Anyone else?

A. $12

B. $20

C. $35

D. $75

(Remember, we're talkin' 'bout '67. Ouch!)

:)

A fine good evening to you, Super Charger -- Thank you for saying that, FrankGrimes. Kind of made my day...

You've reached rock bottom, my friend. Is it snowing in Sandy? It is here.

This sounds like me last year. No words describe how happy I was when the Patriots

fell to the Agony of Defeat. I was so happy with the Thrill of Victory that I was positively

giddy for three days. And it was nice being able to give up my fantasy of Belichick be

hung upside down and mercifully caned by my band of berserkers dressed up in

Charger uniforms. (I go to great lengths ot indulge my hatreds)

And, ironically, the Giants winning the Super Bowl last year upset me. I was one of the

very few who wanted to see the Pats win? Why? Because I hate the Giants and the

Giants beat the Cowboys (at home) in the playoffs last year. Ugh. So, as you can see,

I have very bad luck when it comes to my hating being fruitful.

Any yet how awful is it to feel such joy over a stupid football game! Does that tell you

something about my life?

I constantly tell myself, "it's just a damn game, it means nothing in this world." Then I

have to deal with the fans of the teams I was hatin' on and realize it's more than a damn

game. It sucks being a sports fan... unless you win it all.

I don't want to spoil your depression and pessimism (I know, it can be fun ) but I think

the desert rats have a reasonably good chance of winning. I am hopeful. Kurt Warner is

an old pro. Besides, more than ever, it is just too difficult to believe any more that the

best team will necessarily win. The Cardinals have more of a chance than the Giants

were given last year.

The thought that the Cards can actually beat the Steelers let's me know they have no

shot. I'd love for you to tell me, many times over, "I told you so," on Monday. But it

ain't gonna happen.

I loved that game. I enjoy good defense and the Ravens were amazing that year. The

vaunted Steeler defense does not match the Ravens of 2000. If it did then I would be

saying, "it's not going to happen" too.

Trent Dilfer? Yuck. The Ravens' defense was exceptional but... Trent Dilfer? Dreadful.

No, that "ouch" referred to something else, touching on the passing of time and how

old we can get when we keep on living .

Now you made me laugh. :D

Yes, a way of putting it. Well, since you caught that post before I was able to feverishly

take it down, you may remember a question I posed, namely, how much did I pay for that

ticket for Super Bowl I? Care to guess. FrankGrimes? Anyone else?

A. $12

B. $20

C. $35

D. $75

(Remember, we're talkin' 'bout '67. Ouch!)

Since $12 is not a rounded number, I'll go with that. But you don't have to provide the answer

if you wish others to take a stab at it.

*You've reached rock bottom, my friend.*

I have not. I am already there. Rock bottom is my natural milieu.

*Is it snowing in Sandy? It is here.*

As you know, it does not snow in Sandy. We even have Super Bowls here! (Though probably not again, unless Sandy gets a new stadium. Tagliabue trashed Qualquam as outdated and asserted that never again will there be a Superbowl played at Qualquam.) This to you Mr Tagliabue:

thlizard.gif

Gee, if we're not getting another Super Bowl, it might as well snow.

*I was one of the very few who wanted to see the Pats win? Why? Because I hate the Giants and the Giants beat the Cowboys (at home) in the playoffs last year. Ugh. So, as you can see, I have very bad luck when it comes to my hating being fruitful.*

I hope it all changes this year.

*I constantly tell myself, "it's just a damn game, it means nothing in this world." Then I*

*have to deal with the fans of the teams I was hatin' on and realize it's more than a damn game. It sucks being a sports fan... unless you win it all.*

Winning is everything. It seems obvious now but I think it was Lombardi way back when (ouch!) who was so brazen as to say it out loud and get the attribution.

*The thought that the Cards can actually beat the Steelers let's me know they have no*

*shot. I'd love for you to tell me, many times over, "I told you so," on Monday. But it*

*ain't gonna happen.*

I never say "I told you so." I have too much class for that. I may adopt an insufferable smugness and wallow in my own superiority but I always resist saying anything so base and classless as "I told you so." Still, there may be an exception here and there. (providing that, uh, the opportunity presents itself.) ;)

*Trent Dilfer? Yuck. The Ravens' defense was exceptional but... Trent Dilfer? Dreadful.*

Hey, with a defense like that, who needs a quarterback?

*Yes, a way of putting it. Well, since you caught that post before I was able to feverishly*

*take it down, you may remember a question I posed, namely, how much did I pay for that*

*ticket for Super Bowl I? Care to guess. FrankGrimes? Anyone else?*

*A. $12*

*B. $20*

*C. $35*

*D. $75*

*(Remember, we're talkin' 'bout '67. Ouch!)*

*Since $12 is not a rounded number, I'll go with that. But you don't have to provide the answer*

*if you wish others to take a stab at it.*

I will reveal the answer on Super Sunday before the game. I hope others will take the proverbial stab. There is no prize but the right answers will experience the joy of being right. The only thing better than that is to win the lottery or the Super Bowl.

:)

I will reveal the answer on Super Sunday before the game. I hope others will take the proverbial stab. There is no prize but the right answers will experience the joy of being right. The only thing better than that is to win the lottery or the Super Bowl.

I'm going to say $12 if bought at face value, $35 if bought from scalpers. :P

>Trent Dilfer? Yuck. The Ravens' defense was exceptional but... Trent Dilfer? Dreadful.

Having lived through a history of bad quarterback with the Ravens (Who wouldn't be in this town following Unitas and Bert Jones?) Dilfer was good at one thing and that was not giving up the ball. He did just well enough.

I was thinking $20 but I will say $35 just to give a different answer and because I think that price is conceivable.

Wow Super Bowl I, that was a moment in history. Vince Lombardi and Bart Starr. The Packers in their prime. Several members of my family, including myself, would love to have those memories! :)

I was just a toddler though. ;)

Hey, Quarterback Qhris! -- Having lived through a history of bad quarterback with the Ravens (Who wouldn't be in this town following Unitas and Bert Jones?) Dilfer was good at one thing and that was not giving up the ball. He did just well enough.

I believe it was the first and only time a mannequin quarterbacked a Super Bowl winner. I'll

have to check the fact book. :D Dan Marino must be rolling over in his grave. But, you are

right, Dilfer was told, "just don't screw it up." And he didn't.

Hola, Laffite -- You've reached rock bottom, my friend.

I have not. I am already there. Rock bottom is my natural milieu.

So that's why we get along so well!

As you know, it does not snow in Sandy. We even have Super Bowls here! (Though probably not again, unless Sandy gets a new stadium. Tagliabue trashed Qualquam as outdated and asserted that never again will there be a Superbowl played at Qualquam.)

You can also blame Jerry Jones for that.

I never say "I told you so." I have too much class for that. I may adopt an insufferable smugness and wallow in my own superiority but I always resist saying anything so base and classless as "I told you so." Still, there may be an exception here and there. (providing that, uh, the opportunity presents itself.)

I'd welcome your smugness on Monday. It would make my day.

Hey, with a defense like that, who needs a quarterback?

I think if they had played better competition, they would have needed a quarterback. It

was just one of those years. That's how I feel about this year.

*I hadn't been born, myself* sez *_Film Fatale_*

*Me either. I was minus 1.* ;) sez *_Minya_*

Okay, girls (uh, kids!) enough already. (you too, *_Molo_* ;) ) You should know that I was still quite young myself. I was a precocious child. :)

Btw, *_Minya_* you haven't taken a guess at how much that first SB ticket cost me, $12, $20, $35, or $75. Care to try? I realize that being -1 at the time puts you at a disadvantage but even youngsters get lucky ;) There are several votes already in and folks are waiting breathlessly until Super Sunday when the answer will be posted. Be the the first person on your block to post a correct answer and win absolutely nothing.

And *_Frank_,* to you:

*I believe it was the first and only time a mannequin quarterbacked a Super Bowl winner. I'll have to check the fact book. :D Dan Marino must be rolling over in his grave. But, you are right, Dilfer was told, "just don't screw it up." And he didn't.*

That's a great accomplishment for a QB in the NFL, i.e., not screwing it up. He deserves his ring. Oh, and BTW, I hope Dan Marino doesn't read what you wrote. If he does he may have to schedule a checkup---and fast! ;)

*Rock bottom is my natural milieu.*

*So that's why we get along so well!*

It's never lonely at the bottom.

*You can also blame Jerry Jones for that.*

Really? I thought he was _your_ worry. (Some late reports are suggesting that the Chargers may move to LA in '10. They are a little premature, it seems, but LA has approved a stadium, something that is not likely to happen in Sandy. My hopes that the C might claim a SB before I go to the next world might depend on what happens next year, since they will play here in any case.)

*I'd welcome your smugness on Monday. It would make my day.*

I will with all my best strive to oblige...though, of course, I'll need some help. ;)

*I think if they had played better competition, they would have needed a quarterback. It was just one of those years. That's how I feel about this year.*

You're probably right. I don't mind it though. It tickles me that the best teams are on the sidelines scratching their heads. It says something about the complexity of the game that we can have "one of those years."

//