Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
hlywdkjk

The Annual FrankGrimes Torture Thread

*I'd just love to know what the Lupe Velez skirt looks like*

*(Sometimes she didn't wear a skirt)*

The only way the general public will see that much of me is if it?s real windy ;).

My Lupe skirt looks something like this except it?s a little bit shorter, coming to about mid calf. It has brightly colored flowers on it in yellow, red, blue and black and kind of has a Mexican look to the design. It?s real girly and swishes when I walk.

151_pd1921082_1.jpg

*The only way the general public will see that much of me is if its real windy* ;).

Let's hope it's not too windy over by where you are! ;)

*My Lupe skirt looks something like this except its a little bit shorter, coming to about mid calf. It has brightly colored flowers on it in yellow, red, blue and black and kind of has a Mexican look to the design. Its real girly and swishes when I walk.*

So it's a variation of a pencil skirt? It sounds really lovely, especially with all the fancy colours. I'd love to have a skirt like that myself! :x

Ooooh, those Spring Training stats have me shaking in my Audrey Hepburn shoes! Yes, I name articles of clothing after old movie actresses, what of it?! I?m wearing my Audrey flats today with a Lupe Velez skirt (the shirt is just an orphan I guess b/c it doesn?t remind me of anyone). I also have a Jean Arthur/Carole Lombard hat, a few Barbara Stanwyck shirts (they are ruffly so they?re precode Babs), and a Clara Bow dress and some Clara shoes too .

ang! how is your loverly day by the capitol? see any sailors with out me today? ;)

youre wearing a skirt today! im so happy for you! heehee! i dont have any lupe velez skirts, but i do have some junie allyson skirts. heehee! i wore my junie red skirt yesterday with my loretta young(melody jones) shirt with the 3/4 sleeves ya know? :) i couldnt resist it, i felt like dressing loretta with a little junie on the side and then i wore my audrey flats too. i love my audrey black flats...what colors are your audrey flats again? what color is your lupe skirt?

> {quote:title=coopsgirl wrote:}{quote}

>

> Heres a couple of pics I colorized of Jean Harlow and Carole Lombard; beauties of the 30s. Now if those books can show me how to look like these girls, itll be well worth the $40 bucks ;).

>

they both look so glamurous! great photos, i love how much care went into the makeup and hair-styling of the old hollywood godeses. if you can look like that, forget about the $40, you will feel like a million bucks!

*Barb Posted:*

pirate-kitty.jpg

Actually we have an opening for Ship's Kitty. Can this feline use a sword? Or better yet a machete? (A real one, of course).

pirateflag4-1.jpg

L

*I'll take the job, provided I get a daily bottle of rum to go with my Whiskas.*

You're hired. Rum will be rationed in accordance with ship's policy (although we have a shortage of late as someone keeps running of with it. I won't say who) ;)

Okay on the Whiskas, but don't even think Fancy Feast. We're in a recession.

pirateflag4-1.jpg

My Audrey flats are black too. The Lupe skirt was black with red, blue and yelow flowers on it. No, I didn't see any sailors unfortunately, just a bunch of people from ACORN chanting about how they were mighty, mighty acorns. The legislature is in session and the weather is nice so there are always swarms of people (and kids on field trips) and we have to weave our way around them.

We could have used this guy in Central Park back in the day:

Pirate_squirrel_1.jpg

Message was edited by: Bronxgirl48

Yes, I did hear that. And that she was trained in the art of virtuoso machete shenanegans by...let's see, who was that now...the foremost authority of fake machete use...gee, who am I trying to think of...

yeah she was trained in the art of machete "shenanies" alright. heehee! but not by me! by the famous dread pirate robbins. he captured her dearest Whestley! he's tricking her! aka laffite! oopsey i let out your little secret. heehee! i guess youll just have to throw me over the plank......but you better not!

La Capitaine ButterscotchGreer

Girl Pirate Extraordinaire

Fake Machete Virtuoso Supreme

first of all....thank you...second of all......im not the fake machete handler. im the lucy purse handler remember? heehee! she's my weapon, and a powerful one at that. she can cast spells if you can recall. heehee!

Be afraid, be very afraid:

badhamster.jpg.bmp

This guy reminds me of our hamster Twinkles when I was a kid; the one who loved to nibble on my mother's lingerie.

*yeah she was trained in the art of machete "shenanies" alright. heehee! but not by me! by the famous dread pirate robbins. he captured her dearest Whestley! he's tricking her! aka laffite! oopsey i let out your little secret. heehee!...I'm the lucy purse handler remember? heehee! she's my weapon, and a powerful one at that. she can cast spells if you can recall. heehee!*

Consarn it to heck, I am comfounded by all this subterfusionary palaver about personnages that we discussabobbled over on the P&P and my brains have verily turned to goo without even an ounce of rum. Silly me, I thought we talking about Phyllis Crane. And I didn't know that Lucy could cast spells. I thought that was Helena Belatrix. Or were you talking about the Princess Buttercup? You sure have a better memory than me. ;)

*...guess youll just have to throw me over the plank......but you better not!*

First of all, fake machete expert supreme, people do not get thrown "over the plank." They _walk the plank_. So you can be rest assured that although you are suspected of absconding with the jamaican rum, Le Capitaine Laffie, who is a strict observer of swashy protocol would never, ever, ever, ever, throw you over the plank. He might throw you over the side, yes...though that is not usually the accepted form of punishment for absconders. We'll probably just make you wash dishes for a week. :)

*Barb*, those are some tough looking SOBs you're coming up with. Le Capitaine Laffite is preparing a plundering expedition and he is recruiting for same and he may be able to use those critters. We are also trying to recover the rum that you-know-who took and we may have to do some extra conquering here and there to get it. We may even give those toughies Fancy Feast once in a while.

;)

pirateflag4-1.jpg

One of my Florida friends wants to join the expedition.

istockphoto_4075784-alligator-pirate.jpg

Message was edited by: Bronxgirl48

*One of my Florida friends wants to join the expedition.*

We'll take him on...with the proviso that he has to watch his diet. Crew members _are not_ on the menu. (Psst, whisper to him that Capt Laffite would really taste awful).

Oh, and as an afterthought, it's probably really not worth mentioning...but, uh, tell him to bring the, uh, doubloons.

laffitelogo.jpg

==

> {quote:title=Bronxgirl48 wrote:}{quote}

> patricia_mccormack12.jpg

>

> Message was edited by: Bronxgirl48

Dear darling Rhoda, I didn't see her earlier! But how could I have missed her? :D

That little girl has quite a story! Everything but the (stick) bloodhounds yappin' at her rear end.

> {quote:title=Bronxgirl48 wrote:}{quote}

> That little girl has quite a story! Everything but the (stick) bloodhounds yappin' at her rear end.

Lol! Rhoda is a superstar! She invented "girls behaving badly". :)

When I first saw the movie, I thought Nancy Kelly's reactions to her

daughter's behavior WAY over the top and unbelievable.

Now I believe her.

Kelly I think originated the role on Broadway, so she was able to hone her performance many times over.

I've always wanted to see the 1945 movie where Kelly plays a woman who thinks she's a reincarnated witch.

The title? THE WOMAN WHO CAME BACK

Oh my, I don't know how she got through the stage version. Imagine having to deal

with Rhoda night after night after night...and twice on Saturdays! At least we can

change the channel when we see her on TV. :P

That other movie would give me worse nightmares than I have already, lol.

Have you seen her in Jesse James? She cries all through that one, too.

*Consarn it to heck, I am comfounded by all this subterfusionary palaver about personnages that we discussabobbled over on the P&P and my brains have verily turned to goo without even an ounce of rum. Silly me, I thought we talking about Phyllis Crane. And I didn't know that Lucy could cast spells. I thought that was Helena Belatrix. Or were you talking about the Princess Buttercup? You sure have a better memory than me.*

hey mon swasheroo!

sorry, ive been studying for midterms. yucky! heehee!

you know ive been thinking. if they had an Olympics for imaginary vocab, you would take home the gold medal. heehee! we discussabobble very fun things! there is no subterfusionary language here! i dont see any! of course thou has a habit of hiding his things from my sight!

*And I didn't know that Lucy could cast spells. I thought that was Helena Belatrix.*

she's helping me cast you into shape. :) Bellatrix is against me and lucy. i thought she was on your side. ;) no, its just me, princess buttercup and lucy, vs you, captain swasheroo and bellatrix...im thoroughly ashamed of your conduct! heehee! this is too much fun!

*First of all, fake machete expert supreme, people do not get thrown "over the plank." They walk the plank. So you can be rest assured that although you are suspected of absconding with the jamaican rum, Le Capitaine Laffie, who is a strict observer of swashy protocol would never, ever, ever, ever, throw you over the plank. He might throw you over the side, yes...though that is not usually the accepted form of punishment for absconders. We'll probably just make you wash dishes for a week.*

who said i was the fake machete supreme? you have no proof! well excuse my lack of pirate knowledge, thats your field anyway. heehee! ive seen bad pirates that dont have any patience throw them over the plank, havent you seen The Goonies? goodness! heehee!

*He might throw you over the side, yes...though that is not usually the accepted form of punishment for absconders. We'll probably just make you wash dishes for a week*

well now i know why i dont want to go out to see with you, youll put me to work! thats not very gentlemanly you know.

you notice who has the rum?

1058387552_punishment.jpg

remind you of anyone? heehee! im not saying any names. ;)

GALLERYHEADER.jpg

> {quote:title=MissGoddess wrote:}{quote}

> Oh my, I don't know how she got through the stage version. Imagine having to deal

> with Rhoda night after night after night...and twice on Saturdays! At least we can

> change the channel when we see her on TV. :P

>

> That other movie would give me worse nightmares than I have already, lol.

>

> Have you seen her in Jesse James? She cries all through that one, too.

I wouldn't mind crying over Tyrone Power.