Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
hlywdkjk

The Annual FrankGrimes Torture Thread

I'm glad y'all are liking the video. It's one of my faves I've done so far. Yeah, I just use Windows Movie Maker. I bought a more "sophisticated" program called Vegas Movie Studio and it doesn't work nearly as well or as easily. It was much more difficult to incorporate clips from multiple movies so I think I'll just stick with Movie Maker.

About the dog clips, they are from one of MGM's dog shorts titled *Hot Dogs* and all the ones I have seen so far are hilarious!! I was glad I had a chance to use something from it for this one.

> {quote:title=FrankGrimes wrote:}{quote}

> Looks like "Grimesomania" is really catching on.

LOL. Well, thanks for that at least.

*Ohhh, in that case, Gary Cooper sucks.*

*There is just too damn much Austin around these parts.*

*And it's 90-plus and sunny here. In April!*

you know what frankie! stop picking on angie! its been rainging her a lot with beautiful cloudy skies, so there! heehee!

*Are you wearing a green sweater?*

thats it! the long black gloves are comin' out! i bet youre having so much fun with this.

miss impassive isnt a good actor ya know, angie's right. ;) i bet greer could have filled her place in High Noon and done so much better.

>i bet greer could have filled her place in High Noon and done so much better.

Oh Lordy! I am running for the hills..... there's gonna be trouble. :)

Good morning, Sweet T! -- you know what frankie! stop picking on angie! its been

rainging her a lot with beautiful cloudy skies, so there! heehee!

It's raining here, too. :P But I need to watch Clarita's newest video. I've been slacking too

much.

thats it! the long black gloves are comin' out! i bet youre having so much fun with this.

:D There are no green sweaters!

miss impassive isnt a good actor ya know, angie's right.

What?! She's wonderful! Look at how playful she is in To Catch a Thief and

Rear Window. And I love her in Mogambo.

i bet greer could have filled her place in High Noon and done so much better.

No! Greer couldn't play a young Quaker bride! That's Little Lamby!

There are no green sweaters!

honestly frankie! do you even know how long ago that was? goodness me, youre being mean about the situation! ;)

What?! She's wonderful! Look at how playful she is in To Catch a Thief and

Rear Window. And I love her in Mogambo.

oh my goodness, miss impassive was putting on an act and you fell for it....always...tsk tsk tsk. heehee! she may have had those eyes that drew you in, but it was all fake! she did it to luer you into her trap! my greer would have been there for Will Kane, instead of being scared!.....:)

how do you know? did you ask her? after all, greer was very versatile! she could do anything!

> {quote:title=butterscotchgreer wrote:}

> honestly frankie! do you even know how long ago that was? goodness me, youre being mean about the situation! ;)

>

That's telling him, butterscotch! :)

Good evening, BittersourGreer! -- honestly frankie! do you even know how long

ago that was? goodness me, youre being mean about the situation!

:D:P Bronxie told me there's a girl with a green sweater in my past who will reemerge.

There are no green sweaters. I think you've burned them all!

oh my goodness, miss impassive was putting on an act and you fell for it....always...tsk

tsk tsk. heehee! she may have had those eyes that drew you in, but it was all fake! she

did it to luer you into her trap!

I'm a born sucker! I'm supposed to fall into many traps.

my greer would have been there for Will Kane, instead of being scared!.....:)

Your Greer would have turned her snobby nose up at Will!

how do you know? did you ask her? after all, greer was very versatile! she could do anything!

She couldn't play a young Quaker bride in 1952! She was 47 years old!

I can settle this discussion once and for all. Everybody knows who would have made the best bride for Marshal Kane---- *ME!!!!* I?m back to being a blonde so I totally fit the ?fair haired beauty? part of the theme song ;). Also, y?all know I?ve got it bad for ol? Will. I couldn?t be more attracted to him in that movie if I tried :P.

highnoontext.jpg

I can settle this discussion once and for all. Everybody knows who would have made the

best bride for Marshal Kane---- ME!!!! I?m back to being a blonde so I totally fit the

?fair haired beauty? part of the theme song . Also, y?all know I?ve got it bad for ol? Will.

I couldn?t be more attracted to him in that movie if I tried :P .

You? You? Well, you would look cute in that bonnet. But do Quakers drool? And why is

it that I think Will would have been gunned down while in a room? At least he would have

left happy.

*And why is it that I think Will would have been gunned down while in a room? At least he would have left happy.*

Very happy ;). And yes, I would look cute in that bonnet. I do love hats you know :). I was watching *Dancing with the Stars* last night b/c I'm hooked on it now and totally have the hots for the French dude on it (don't worry Gary, you're still my number one) and while he and his partner were dancing the rumba, he was wearing a fedora. Man, he looked hot! Why don't men still wear hats? :(

Hi Grimey-

As requested, a few shots from Paris (sorry they're so huge-I didn't know how to downsize them):

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

In order-

The Eiffel Tower, which was about five minutes from our hotel. It was like the Northern Star-you could see it from pretty much anywhere and we knew that all we had to do was heads towards it and we would be home. L'Arc de Triomphe, which was the first thing we saw when we got to the Metro. You can actually climb up to the top if you are so inclined. We weren't. :). A view of the city from the second deck of the tower. The gold domed building is the Hotel des Invalides. And the last one is a snap of the upper chapel of Sainte Chapelle. I wish I had pictures that could do it justice-nothing can prepare you for the beatuy of these windows. It was breathtaking. I actually was a little emotional when I was walking around in there.

What wonderful photos, Mlle. Very nice.

In my mind I am going to imagine you travelling around the city with a Red Balloon following close behind. Because it all looks that magical and sublime.

Kyle In Hollywood

Lovely pictures Minya. Your photos breathe, i.e. they were not taken too close to the subject. L'Arc de Triomphe is even more beautiful when it has a little context. The inclusion of the bannister from the tower gives a sense of what it might be like to be standing there. The chapel is all the more beautiful when viewed from a respectful distance. You are a good photographer. They are just the right size, BTW. Our right margins are still intact and we can take in the full photo without scrolling.

Say "bonjour" to someone for us.

:)

laffite

I agree with all, Minya, your photos are absolutely delightful and lovely to look at. The Sainte Chapelle one, especially, conveys so faithfully what it is like to be there, imho. So nice you could share them with us, and glad to hear you had a great trip!

Good day Shaggy-Doo!

Bronxie told me there's a girl with a green sweater in my past who will reemerge.

There are no green sweaters. I think you've burned them all!

youre trying to haunt me arent you, frankie?

oh my goodness, miss impassive was putting on an act and you fell for it....always...tsk

tsk tsk. heehee! she may have had those eyes that drew you in, but it was all fake! she

did it to luer you into her trap!

I'm a born sucker! I'm supposed to fall into many traps.

well that explains a lot. heehee!

nu-uh! she would have had her stiff upper lip appear and would have dealt with it along side him!

She couldn't play a young Quaker bride in 1952! She was 47 years old!

oh like you could tell! goodness! she was the ageless kind of woman, she always looked young! so there! i think she could fill the void in quite well compared to a sissy who wont stand beside her husband for better or worse...........;) by the way, you looked up her age, and thats cheating! plus you havent watched a certain movie with a brave woman fighting off german pilots yet have you? tsk tsk tsk. heehee!

Message was edited by: butterscotchgreer

Bonjour, Minya! -- Welcome back! Your photos are stunning. The shot of the

Hotel des Invalides is especially gorgeous. I love being able to see what the city looks

from that view.

So are you allowed to return to Paris? :)

*In my mind I am going to imagine you travelling around the city with a Red Balloon following close behind. Because it all looks that magical and sublime.*

I think I did catch sight of a Red Balloon once or twice. :)

Paris really *is* that magical and sublime. You would think that maybe it wouldn't measure up completely to the way people describe it but it really does.

How do, Coopsy's Clarita -- Very happy ;) .

I'm smiling. :)

And yes, I would look cute in that bonnet.

Mmmm hmmmmm!

I do love hats you know :) .

No, I didn't know that. I like gals who wear hats, Astro Ang. Now you hate wearing hats, right?

I was watching Dancing with the Stars last night b/c I'm hooked on it now and totally have

the hots for the French dude on it (don't worry Gary, you're still my number one) and while

he and his partner were dancing the rumba, he was wearing a fedora. Man, he looked hot!

Why is my skin crawling? I all of a sudden rather talk about Coop. I feel dirty! I won't

comment on your dirtiness. :P:P

Why don't men still wear hats?

I prefer baseball hats.

Hey there, Snobby T -- Good day Shaggy-Doo!

:D

youre trying to haunt me arent you, frankie?

Me?! You're the one who has burned all the green sweaters in the world.

nu-uh! she would have had her stiff upper lip appear and would have dealt with it along

side him!

She would have quickly left his side in favor of her boudoir. Like a Jane Austen gal would

ever stand by their man. Please!

oh like you could tell! goodness! she was the ageless kind of woman, she always

looked young! so there! i think she could fill the void in quite well compared to a sissy

who wont stand beside her husband for better or worse...........;)

Lamby had her reasons!

plus you havent watched a certain movie with a brave woman fighting off german

pilots yet have you? tsk tsk tsk. heehee!

That's because I don't have anyone to talk to about the movie.

*Lovely pictures Minya. Your photos breathe, i.e. they were not taken too close to the subject. L'Arc de Triomphe is even more beautiful when it has a little context. The inclusion of the bannister from the tower gives a sense of what it might be like to be standing there. The chapel is all the more beautiful when viewed from a respectful distance. You are a good photographer.*

Thanks for the compliments, lafitte!!! :) I'm really pleased with the way most of the photos turned out-now I just have to organize them all. :)

*Bonjour, Minya! -- Welcome back! Your photos are stunning. The shot of the*

*Hotel des Invalides is especially gorgeous. I love being able to see what the city looks*

*from that view.*

Thanks! The view really was breathtaking! I could only really look out over the city because if I looked down I started to get a little dizzy. :) I took pictures from both the middle and top deck and it was interesting to see the way the perspective changed.

*So are you allowed to return to Paris?*

Well, *I* am, but I did make sure to put your name on a few 'no fly' lists. ;)

If I had the means, I would gladly spend another ten hours on a plane if it meant I could go back tomorrow.