Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
hlywdkjk

The Annual FrankGrimes Torture Thread

A Woman's Secret? Really? That surprises me.

It's on the double bill right? Silly.

Of all the films being shown, that's definitely the one I know you like. That's yet another

Ray romance. Film noir and romance... UNIQUE!

:)

Really? That would be terrific. But I can't see In a Lonely Place selling out every

showing.

The screening rooms are very small and rattier movies than these have sold out.

I'm a dog, all right.

It's on the double bill right? Silly.

Yes, but I'm surprised you'd stay to watch it.

The screening rooms are very small and rattier movies than these have sold out.

In otherwords, the Ford films barely sold out. :P

But every showing for a week? That would be impressive.

That dog-cat video is hilarious! As always, it's the snippy cat attacking the innocent dog.

Yes, but I'm surprised you'd stay to watch it.

If I'd stay for George Raft in Pick Up I'd stay for Maureen O'Hara and GG.

In otherwords, the Ford films barely sold out.

Excuse ME, but they PACK THE HOUSE with a line around the block. He packs

ALL the venues, including the large capacity theaters at Lincoln Center and MoMA.

So THERE!!

But every showing for a week? That would be impressive.

Oh, I didn't know it was playing a whole week. It will sell the evening and weekend showings, then.

As always, it's the snippy cat attacking the innocent dog.

As always, you don't pay attention and have selective memory. Clearly, the dog STARTED in on the poor innocent furry purry.

If I'd stay for George Raft in Pick Up I'd stay for Maureen O'Hara and GG.

But George Raft is the guy you love most! You have FLOODED this board with photos of

him and Mary Cooper, thus causing this board to constantly crash. This board just cannot

take anymore Raft and Coop.

Excuse ME, but they PACK THE HOUSE with a line around the block. He packs

ALL the venues, including the large capacity theaters at Lincoln Center and MoMA.

So THERE!!

You must have him confused for Fritz Lang, Blondle. Ford is the hack director who is

never unique. :P

As always, you don't pay attention and have selective memory. Clearly, the dog STARTED in on the poor innocent furry purry.

Spoken like a cat who claws dogs when no one is looking and then blames the poor,

kindhearted doggie, Irena.

> {quote:title=MissGoddess wrote:}{quote}

> In a Lonely Place, On Dangerous Ground and A Woman's Secret are probably the ones I'll try hardest to see. I'm most excited about On Dangerous Ground because it's one of my all-time favorites. I have the feeling these shows will sell out.

I'm curious as to what you think of *A Woman's Secret*. Here is a (pretty lame) review I wrote ages ago in the Gloria thread:

Well I watched A Woman's Secret for the first time last night. An odd little film. A tongue in cheek soap opera which I found enjoyable.

I was a little concerned at first with the opening music sequence but I was back on firmer ground in the very next scene where Gloria argues with Maureen O'Hara. I didn't care for her look in that scene though. I think it was her hair.

The flashbacks with Gloria were the best part. In the scene where Melvyn Douglas and Maureen O'Hara bring Gloria back to the apartment after meeting her on the stairs, she really comes alive. She shows a screwball wit reminiscent of Gracie Allen. Only much more sexy.

Perhaps this was untapped potential. Gloria could of done a screwball comedy. Maybe taken the Janet Gaynor role in a remake of Three Loves Has Nancy. This time with Joel McCrea and Jack Carson fighting over her.

I did discover that the older Melvyn Douglas gets the more I like him. It was also interesting to learn that this was the film that brought Nicholas Ray and Gloria together.

Not a great film but not bad. It had fun comedic turns. All in all it was well worth the 84 minutes.

http://forums.tcm.com/jive/tcm/thread.jspa?threadID=124472&start=165&tstart=0

I haven't seen it since. I just remember thinking it was odd, Gloria showed a screwball side and I liked Douglas in it. I can't remember what I thought of O'Hara or really much about how the story unfolded. I should watch it again. It would be almost like new. Oh sweet senility! :)

Did you ever watch it Frank?

*Did you ever watch it Frank?*

Molo,

Don't post questions like that when I'm drinking, especially when it's a nice Merlot!

Why?

Spit take across my keyboard at the thought of Shiftless actually watching movies in a timely fashion.

But George Raft is the guy you love most! You have FLOODED this board with photos of

him and Mary Cooper, thus causing this board to constantly crash. This board just cannot

take anymore Raft and Coop.

"George is the guy I love the most". That says it all, brother.

You must have him confused for Fritz Lang, Blondle. Ford is the hack director who is

never unique.

Yes, well. I suppose that's why Raft's movie got a standing ovation and only one person clapped at the end of You Only Live Once. :P

Spoken like a cat who claws dogs when no one is looking and then blames the poor,

kindhearted doggie, Irena.

"poor kindhearted doggie". That, too, says it all.

Hi Larry!

I remember your review, of course! :) I watched the first part of the movie when it aired, and I remember not being able to figure out by its tone whether it was a comedy or a drama!

I think screwball comedy would have been a PERFECT fit for Gloria! It's too bad she came along a bit late for that.

Happy "Fritz Lang Day On TCM", FG.

FritzLangInAmerica1990s

Hope you enjoyed watching *Secret Beyond The Door*.

/

/

/

/

/

/

/

/

/

/

/

/

/

/

/

/

/

/

/

/

/

/

/

/

/

/

Ha! Made you look!

Kyle In Hollywood

EVIL! And you ain't pure, neither!

But I must thank you for the Fritz Lang poster. That one is terrific. So now you've got

me feeling conflicted. You love to do this to me. One moment I'm happy, the next I'm looking

at Mary Cooper.

How many Fritz Lang flicks have you seen, Kylefornia?

After Moonfleet airs, I will need four Lang movies:

You and Me

American Guerrilla in the Philippines

Rancho Notorious

and

Secret Beyond the Door :(

So Shiftless, do you have a pair of those great jammies like Larry Gordon wore earlier today in *The Big Heat* when he was getting his smackdown from Bannion ?

They seemed so right for you! :)

So Shiftless, do you have a pair of those great jammies like Larry Gordon wore earlier

today in The Big Heat when he was getting his smackdown from Bannion? They seemed

so right for you!

bigheat4.jpg

One must match their drapes, you know.

I see we are back to relentless. Who needs people when one can just talk to

themselves? That's a far more interesting way to discuss classic film anyways.

>

> After Moonfleet airs, I will need four Lang movies:

>

> You and Me

> American Guerrilla in the Philippines

> Rancho Notorious

>

> and

>

> Secret Beyond the Door :(

When is *Moonfleet* airing? Did I miss it? I never even heard of American Guerilla in

the Philippines. Is it anything like Bela Lugosi Meets a Brooklyn Gorilla? :P

Moonfleet is scheduled for the evening of July 7th - 12am Eastern (9pm Pacific)

*Moonfleet* (1955)

A British buccaneer is torn between three seductive women. Cast: Stewart Granger, George Sanders, Viveca Lindfors. Dir: Fritz Lang. C-87 mins, TV-PG, CC, Letterbox Format

2gxf9y9.jpg

When is Moonfleet airing? Did I miss it?

No, you didn't miss it, Miss It. It will be airing on July 7th at midnight, which is actually

July 8th.

I never even heard of American Guerilla in the Philippines. Is it anything like

Bela Lugosi Meets a Brooklyn Gorilla?

:D I don't know! I've never seen it. It stars Tyrone Power. Yet again, I'm looking to

watch a Power film for someone other than Power. :)

>

> No, you didn't miss it, Miss It. It will be airing on July 7th at midnight, which is actually

> July 8th.

>

Thank you.

>

> :D I don't know! I've never seen it. It stars Tyrone Power. Yet again, I'm looking to

> watch a Power film for someone other than Power. :)

Wow, Ty Power---is it a Fox film?

Wow, Ty Power---is it a Fox film?

Yes. It's why I never request the film here. And of the Lang films I need, it's the one

I'm least concerned about. Secret Beyond the Door is Universal,

Rancho Notorious is RKO, and You and Me is Paramount. Right before

I got into recording movies off of TCM, they had aired Rancho Notorious. They

haven't aired it since. I'm not sure if the other two films have ever aired on TCM or not.

I never heard of *You and Me*, either. They air *Rancho Notorious* on Encore so they must

have the "rent" of it at present. I'm surprised it's not on DVD.

I never heard of You and Me, either.

I'm stunned to hear this since it features your two favorite actors.

They air Rancho Notorious on Encore so they must have the "rent" of it at

present. I'm surprised it's not on DVD.

I believe you are right about that. And I'm also surprised it's not on DVD. Marlene!