Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

The Annual FrankGrimes Torture Thread

Are you sure you haven't been knocking them back this evening?

Darlin', I'm boringly dry... on so many levels.

I forgot to record The Crimson Kimono. I'm just throwing that out there.

For shame! You need to be thrown out there.

You should post your favorite movies to watch or your favorites by letter, Minya. I'm

curious to see your classic film tastes.

http://forums.tcm.com/jive/tcm/thread.jspa?threadID=130341&tstart=0&start=0

http://forums.tcm.com/jive/tcm/thread.jspa?threadID=130401&tstart=0

*Darlin', I'm boringly dry... on so many levels.*

As long as you have a dry wit, then that's all that matters.

It's funny-I appreciate a cold beer, a nice glass of red wine and a cocktail now and again (something I plan to induge a bit on my birthday when everything will be free courtesy of my friends) but I still have beers in my fridge from when I moved in here two years ago. I rarely drink by myself and since an unpleasant incident involving too much red wine when I first got here, I started practicing more restraint even when hanging out with friends.

*You should post your favorite movies to watch or your favorites by letter, Minya. I'm*

*curious to see your classic film tastes.*

You'd think a list like that would be so easy for a Virgo, you know? We're the list makers of the zodiac. But everytime I try to do it I start thinking of too many things at once. I might try the alphabet list though.

As long as you have a dry wit, then that's all that matters.

Sorry, mine's soaked. Maybe you could dry it for me.

It's funny-I appreciate a cold beer, a nice glass of red wine and a cocktail now and again (something I plan to induge a bit on my birthday when everything will be free courtesy of my friends) but I still have beers in my fridge from when I moved in here two years ago.

The pirates in your life haven't raided the fridge?

Alcohol has never appealed to me for whatever reason. I'm no Nick Charles. But I'm not one to spoil the fun of others, so indulge away!

I rarely drink by myself and since an unpleasant incident involving too much red wine when I first got here, I started practicing more restraint even when hanging out with friends.

I shall not dig... this time.

You should post your favorite movies to watch or your favorites by letter, Minya. I'm

curious to see your classic film tastes.

You'd think a list like that would be so easy for a Virgo, you know? We're the list makers of the zodiac.

Yes, fellow Virgo (three days apart), you should be good at making lists.

But everytime I try to do it I start thinking of too many things at once. I might try the alphabet list though.

You sound worse than me now, and that's "hard to do."

If you are a Virgo, or you live with a Virgo, you are very familiar with these technically minded, critical thinkers. Virgos are born between August 23 and September 22, and the sign is ruled by the planet Mercury and the element of Earth.

If you were born under the zodiac sign of Virgo, you are truly discerning in your choices. You love quality products and people with a good reputation. You are ethical and honest and you try to follow the golden rule. The Virgo knows that the devil is in the details and will strive to complete the picture. Virgos are dedicated to community and want the world to improve for the sake of all concerned. A Virgo is not likely to pay attention to foolish things that seem to serve no purpose.

The Virgo horoscope reflects a strong personality who likes to give advice and wants others to listen. The Virgo likes to plan a speech, organize their thoughts, and then look for the spotlight and talk for as long as someone will listen.

A Virgo?s desire to organize the world may mean that he is overcommitted. He may become exhausted, and need to set priorities and clear the extraneous issues from his life in order to better focus on the few important issues he must address.

Those born under the Virgo horoscope do not like spontaneity. They want to be well-prepared and rehearse for their time before an audience, so don?t expect them to speak extemporaneously. Still, the Virgo is able to quickly integrate information, think critically about an issue and find a solution, so you won?t have to wait long for them to prepare.

If your spouse or best friend is a Virgo, you will find them suspicious of new things, and ready to dismiss those who do not offer a practical, solid explanation of an idea. If you want to convince them of the merit of your idea, you will have to provide plenty of supporting evidence and credible information. Don?t bore your Virgo with a long explanation. When you are talking to a Virgo, keep it short, and precise, and then let them decide, and be prepared for criticism.

The Virgo may not like it when thoughts or ideas are out of place, but they may not be as concerned with order in the home or among their possessions ? though they will always know just where to find that pair of summer shoes or the file they need for their annual taxes.

A Virgo will often be found in the garden, keeping the books for an accounting firm, working as a librarian or teacher, a doctor, medical researcher, or court reporter.

A Virgo?s best friend is often a Taurus, or a Capricorn. The Virgo?s heart probably belongs to a Scorpio or a Pisces. The Virgo does not get along well with an Aries, a fellow Virgo or a Cancer, but with effort might find a lasting relationship with a Libra or Aquarius, though there is no doubt that these friendships and romances will take a lot of work!

If you are a Virgo, you will always see the details and want to organize everything and everyone. You might have some problems with spontaneity and hate it when you lose control, but if you can suppress your need to plan and control every issue, including where you and your friends are going for dinner, your hard-working, can-do attitude will take you far!

There are many "uh-huhs" in the above words for me.

> {quote:title=Bronxgirl48 wrote:}{quote}

> First we saw an IMAX ecological thing about the oceans, narrated by Meryl Streep, very soothing, water and fishies....

>

> Then came Mr. Sominex in THE GUARDIAN. And astoundingly, more water...(swimming teams)

>

> We were all unconscious by then.

What I can't believe is they entertain---if that's the word, considering the movies---you guys while

you're waiting! In NY...well...you just don't want to know. So many things here are so dirty,

falling apart and backward in this richest of all cities. (Except the metal detectors) I've been

selected for a jury once and lately they've been chasing me down relentlessly to serve on a Grand Jury. I probably won't be able to avoid the next summons.

On the plus side, it probably is more entertaining to see the court clerks and security guards chewing to pieces some poor schnook for being late (or using his cell phone) than watching

Kevin Costner movies. As long as you're not the poor schnook.

> {quote:title=Bronxgirl48 wrote:}{quote}

> These two lawyers are gold band-less.

>

> But all I get are the old codgers with hair in their ears and noses.

>

> Hell, in Chicago I was dating guys 25 years younger than myself.

>

> Florida has a lot of single men, but they're mainly the plastic gold chain variety or the geriatric ones with the long ape-like arms.

>

> Message was edited by: Bronxgirl48

Oh Lady B how you make me laugh! "Plastic" gold chains??? Not even real ones. Wow.

The mind reels.

You know something, there is one thing about warm weather places that I discovered

I don't like. Too much flesh, unattractively sagging and wrinkly or pale, flesh is

revealed. I don't like that. You wouldn't notice the hairy, long arms if they were

decently encased in long sleeves.

Yes, that's hitting a lot of points for me as well.

Here I thought my OCD-ness and control freak ways were due to my semi-chaotic childhood, when all along it was astrally predestined.

On one point I will totally disagree-

*The Virgo likes to plan a speech, organize their thoughts, and then look for the spotlight and talk for as long as someone will listen.* I tend towards the painfully shy in front of people I don't know, so I avoid spotlighty situations.

*The Virgo does not get along well with an Aries, a fellow Virgo or a Cancer*.

I guess this means we'll have to stop talking to each other. :)

Yes, that's hitting a lot of points for me as well.

;)

When I searched for Virgo, I stumbled across something that is almost dead on with me:

As a fellow virgo, we're tough, loyal, sensitive, progressive thinkers, and have a great amount of patience, and understanding, and we cry when no one is looking, and our hearts break when we are talked to in a harsh manner by our mates.

Here I thought my OCD-ness and control freak ways were due to my semi-chaotic childhood, when all along it was astrally predestined.

No, I think in your case, you're just a freak. :P

Semi-chaotic childhood? Not many cherry ice cream smiles? Well, hopefully you can dance on the sand today... in your cherry red dress. Did you get your dress?

On one point I will totally disagree-

The Virgo likes to plan a speech, organize their thoughts, and then look for the spotlight and talk for as long as someone will listen.

I tend towards the painfully shy in front of people I don't know, so I avoid spotlighty situations.

I'm pretty much the same way, but there is some truth with me in those words. I'm one to organize my thoughts and then talk for as long as someone will listen, which is a spotlight. It's a private spotlight, not a grand spectacle.

The Virgo does not get along well with an Aries, a fellow Virgo or a Cancer.

I guess this means we'll have to stop talking to each other. :)

Maybe we can mess with the stars. Or we can just fight. :)

*Did you get your dress?*

I'm expecting it shortly. I'm very excited.

I think I am only organized in thought in certain moments. Otherwise I feel like my brain is mostly in stream of consciousness mode pretty much all the time. I think it's because I am only serious when I have to be.

Well, I'm back from the glorious trenches of jury duty. I actually ENJOYED IT! The trial room was so cold, however, that BLANKETS were provided for all the jurors, although they seemed like **** material to me. (the blankets, not the other jurors, although one women seated next to me looked like Charlize Theron playing the Florida serial killer in MONSTER) I liked the deliberation process; figuring out just what the truth is and what the state has to prove. We almost had a hung jury, but finally split 50-50, and the judge declared a mistrial.

South Florida of course is not gritty like Chicago or New York, but even with our palm trees, warm climate, shorts and flip-flops, the courthouse has that universal reassuring civil-service feel about it; you know, the wisecracking personnel, the shifty looking characters, etc. There is bustle galore just like in the big cities, so it was very refreshing for me to be in the "downtown" (or what passes for one in West Palm Beach) area.

Actually I should have put a comma after "plastic"; I meant the guys are all phony but the gold chains look expensive. Deduct major chuckles, then.

Yep, a whole lotta flesh down here, jiggling and bouncing and sweating. (Frank's getting excited, I better stop) While the ape-arms of the old men are hard to look at, their wives are even worse -- imagine if you will an 85 year old woman with flaming red hair weighing about 300 pounds, stuffed into what looks like a size 2 purple bathing suit, and with her own hair issues glaringly displayed. (I shall say no more)

Well, I'm back from the glorious trenches of jury duty. I actually ENJOYED IT! The trial room was so cold, however, that BLANKETS were provided for all the jurors, although they seemed like **** material to me. (the blankets, not the other jurors, although one women seated next to me looked like Charlize Theron playing the Florida serial killer in MONSTER) I liked the deliberation process; figuring out just what the truth is and what the state has to prove. We almost had a hung jury, but finally split 50-50, and the judge declared a mistrial.

South Florida of course is not gritty like Chicago or New York, but even with our palm trees, warm climate, shorts and flip-flops, the courthouse has that universal reassuring civil-service feel about it; you know, the wisecracking personnel, the shifty looking characters, etc. There is bustle galore just like in the big cities, so it was very refreshing for me to be in the "downtown" (or what passes for one in West Palm Beach) area.

Actually I should have put a comma after "plastic"; I meant the guys are all phony but the gold chains look expensive. Deduct major chuckles, then.

Yep, a whole lotta flesh down here, jiggling and bouncing and sweating. (Frank's getting excited, I better stop) While the ape-arms of the old men are hard to look at, their wives are even worse -- imagine if you will an 85 year old woman with flaming red hair weighing about 300 pounds, stuffed into what looks like a size 2 purple bathing suit, and with her own hair issues glaringly displayed. (I shall say no more)

Good Evening, Juror #8! -- My God, Scott, are you a Virgo? Say it ain't so.

:D

I'm glad to hear you enjoyed your jury room experience. I did, as well. So did you return to the jury pool room?

Bonjour, Shy Girl -- I'm expecting it shortly. I'm very excited.

I like how you can go from Chuck Taylors to being excited about a red dress.

I think I am only organized in thought in certain moments. Otherwise I feel like my brain is mostly in stream of consciousness mode pretty much all the time. I think it's because I am only serious when I have to be.

I'm always serious. That should be abundantly clear.

The more serious I am, the less happy I am. I tend to be serious only when it's necessary.

I'm an amateur astrologer and have done many charts for friends and family.

I have Virgo in my fifth house. Get out of my house! LOL (actually that's good)

If I may ask, what time were you born? I'd like to know your rising sign (also called the Ascendent)

Yes, we returned to the pool room.

Guess what was playing.

The Kevin Kostner movie.

Good thing my name was called quickly.

We even got "Certificates of Appreciation" from the PBC Bar Association. Then the judge apologized that because of budget cuts, they couldn't pay for our lunches.

I'm an amateur astrologer and have done many charts for friends and family.

That's too cool.

What I have found to be interesting about the zodiacal signs are the write-ups about each. Most of the Virgo comments have been pretty damn close to who I am. It's quite remarkable. In the words I posted today, it mentioned Capricorn making good friends with Virgos and my brother and best friend are Capricorns.

I have Virgo in my fifth house. Get out of my house! LOL (actually that's good)

I have no idea how "houses" work.

If I may ask, what time were you born? I'd like to know your rising sign (also called the Ascendent)

Do you mean time of day? I have no clue with that.

Yes, we returned to the pool room. Guess what was playing. The Kevin Kostner movie. Good thing my name was called quickly.

:D I saw the end of My Big Fat Greek Wedding and the beginning of Jurassic Park in the jury pool room.

We even got "Certificates of Appreciation" from the PBC Bar Association. Then the judge apologized that because of budget cuts, they couldn't pay for our lunches.

No lunch money is handed out in the Keystone.

Your birth certificate would list your time of birth, day time or night time.

Or you could ask your Mom. I wouldn't ask for anybody's complete birth date here on the boards (i.e. month, date and year) because that would be too personal and a breach of privacy. So because of this, I won't be able to know where your planets are, i.e, your Moon, your Venus, your Mars, etc. But the rising sign (based on the time you were born) can give further insight into the personality. This rules how a person is perceived to the outside world: the Sun sign represents a person's inner core; their soul if you will; the Ascendent (rising sign) is how you present yourself to the world, unconsciously. You seem to be an old soul and have a lot of wisdom in you, despite a certain innocence and purity of spirit. I could guess what your Ascendent is, but I'd love to have the exact time.

I would have preferred the beginning of MBFGW and the end of JP.

Speaking of the former, do you subscribe to the Windex school of all-purpose healing?

Your birth certificate would list your time of birth, day time or night time. Or you could ask your Mom. I wouldn't ask for anybody's complete birth date here on the boards (i.e. month, date and year) because that would be too personal and a breach of privacy. So because of this, I won't be able to know where your planets are, i.e, your Moon, your Venus, your Mars, etc.

So if I were to give you my birthdate, would that work for you? Or do you definitely need the time of my birth?

But the rising sign (based on the time you were born) can give further insight into the personality. This rules how a person is perceived to the outside world: the Sun sign represents a person's inner core; their soul if you will; the Ascendent (rising sign) is how you present yourself to the world, unconsciously. You seem to be an old soul and have a lot of wisdom in you, despite a certain innocence and purity of spirit. I could guess what your Ascendent is, but I'd love to have the exact time.

I'm very much an old soul and you ain't gonna find too many people as innocent and pure as me. I'm liberal in my thinking but very conservative with my being.

I would have preferred the beginning of MBFGW and the end of JP. Speaking of the former, do you subscribe to the Windex school of all-purpose healing?

My jury pool room viewing of the end of My Big Fat Greek Wedding was my first peep of the flick. I have no idea how the Windex school of all-purpose healing works.

I also have the dubious distinction of knowing practically every actor and actress's Sun sign (and in some cases their Ascendant), without having to look it up. Go ahead, test me.

Go ahead and give me Double G. This Pavlovian doggy's tail is wagging.

GG is a Sag; a fire sign. She's too much for any man.

If you want to give me the month, day and year of your birth, that's acceptable. I only put the privacy disclaimer out here because some people might feel uncomfortable. If you don't have your birth certificate or your mother doesn't know the time you were born, I'll have to work with what you give me.

Nia's father in MBFGW was convinced that the famous glass cleaner cured everything in the world. Now that's a movie you can watch along with P&P, UNDER THE TUSCAN SUN, and CROSSING DELANCEY, but it's also a gentle cross-cultural experience for both sexes.

"Hey, Ian -- we're gonna kill ya!" (you have to see the whole movie)

And John Corbett (remember him from "Northern Exposure"?) makes my heart go pitter patter.

GG is a Sag; a fire sign. She's too much for any man.

Yes, that sounds awfully familiar.

If you want to give me the month, day and year of your birth, that's acceptable. I only put the privacy disclaimer out here because some people might feel uncomfortable. If you don't have your birth certificate or your mother doesn't know the time you were born, I'll have to work with what you give me.

So are you saying the time of my birth is more important than the actual day and year? I'll have to see if I can dig up the time I was born.

Nia's father in MBFGW was convinced that the famous glass cleaner cured everything in the world. Now that's a movie you can watch along with P&P, UNDER THE TUSCAN SUN, and CROSSING DELANCEY, but it's also a gentle cross-cultural experience for both sexes.

More weddings? Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

And John Corbett (remember him from "Northern Exposure"?) makes my heart go pitter patter.

I know of Northern Exposure but I never watched it, so I don't know John Corbett. I'm convinced you know everything about movies and television, Bronxie. You are amazing.

Yes I am amazing but flattery will get you nowhere.

First an astrologer needs the person's month, date, and year of birth.

This is #1.

So if you can't find your time, or your Mom doesn't remember, don't worry about it.

What have you got against weddings? Don't they make you weep with joy?

There's a wedding in BABES IN TOYLAND with L&H.

Stan is the bride.

Yes I am amazing but flattery will get you nowhere.

That won't stop me from trying. ;)

First an astrologer needs the person's month, date, and year of birth.

This is #1.

8/24/71

So if you can't find your time, or your Mom doesn't remember, don't worry about it.

I'll have to see if I can track that down.

What have you got against weddings? Don't they make you weep with joy?

I better answer that I love weddings or Butterscotch is going to flood this thread with weddings. I love weddings! What man doesn't?

There's a wedding in BABES IN TOYLAND with L&H. Stan is the bride.

:D Babes in Boyland, eh?