Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

The Annual FrankGrimes Torture Thread

Good evening, Kimmy Kurtains! -- They must be kickin' your tail, Scott,

My tail?! Ohh no, not you, too! But if anyone is nutty around these parts, it's you, Rockin' Chair Girl.

Poor guy doesn't have the strength to endure all of this torture plus the violence I inflict on him. **Tsk, tsk** Such a brave little toaster...

Now I'm a toaster? I'll burn your toast, Muffin.

Hi, Dream Girl -- Hey, I dreamt last night I was giving Cary Grant a back rub.

We were both fully clothed;

You need to upgrade your dreams. ;)

me in t-shirt and blue jeans, he in an impeccable Hong Kong silk shirt and grey pressed pants. What does this mean?

You like extended foreplay.

Should I stop with the garlic pizza at 2 a.m.?

So that's why I couldn't take a nip. Yes, you must stop with the garlic pizza.

Sloth-y face, you have the cutest little sloth-y face,

There is no one who could take your p-l-a-c-e,

S-l-o-t-h-y faaaaaace.

:D You know that J-Girl loves "Sloth." "Hey you guys!"

Hola, Lady of the Night --

If you are a Sagittarian, you are born with the soul of a gypsy!

Those born under zodiac sign of Sagittarius love to travel and feel compelled to move forward in life, career and relationships. The Sagittarian loves people and is naturally friendly and personable. He or she welcomes diversity and finds it easy to understand other lifestyles and other cultures. Sagittarius is broad minded, and does not dwell on small infractions, or tolerate narrow-minded people.

The influence of the Sagittarian horoscope engenders a lifelong love of knowledge and learning and an optimistic outlook on life. The Sagittarian may not wish to dwell on small details and might express more interest on the big picture. The birth sign of the Gypsy loves to laugh and has a great sense of humor.

Your Sagittarian child, friend or family member is honest, versatile, flexible, ethical, and very generous and accepting. While some Sagittarians find it difficult to get organized, you can get your Sagittarius to set goals and maintain structure if it is good for everyone concerned. They are great team players and are less likely to spend freely (Ha!) or miss appointments if they are getting value out of a situation, and if their peers and friends are pleased with the results.

Those born under the zodiac sign of Sagittarius are loyal friends and great mentors. They love to help others! Be ready to hear a brutally honest answer when you ask a Sagittarian a question. He loves to explain his theories, and if given the chance will talk for hours about philosophy, justice, and saving the world!

Do not think for a minute that you can keep a Sagittarian in one place. If you are a homebody, or someone who does not like adventure, new people or new places, do not look to a Sagittarian for companionship. Your Sagittarian partner may not like moderation, and might risk danger or walk on the edge to indulge their interest. If you are born under the sign of Sagittarius, you are able to fall down, get up, dust yourself off and get on with things. Mistakes will not get you down for long! Sagittarians need to balance their need for continuous learning with the day-to-day obligations and responsibilities of life. If your Sagittarian finds herself in a rut, she is likely to become impatient and depressed.

The Sagittarian horoscope lends itself to sports, travel, exploration and the arts. Sagittarians are authors, pilots, professors, entertainers, editors, lawyers, interpreters and athletes.

If you are born under the sign of Sagittarius, your closest friend may be a fellow Sagittarian, or a Libra. Your romantic attractions may lead you to a Leo or an Aries. People with whom you may find it hard to relate are born under the sign of Cancer, Scorpio, and Pisces. With effort, the Sagittarian may find a fruitful relationship with a Capricorn, Aquarius or Gemini, but there is no mistaking that these relationships will take work.

If you were born a Sagittarian Archer, your life will always be interesting. You love to meet new people and explore new places and people enjoy your company! You may meet challenges in your life, but you will always bounce back. Your open heart and open mind can make a big difference in the lives of others and in your community. So get yourself organized and let your light shine!

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...

Hey Don't they have drugs to fix that sort of problem, Count Favrini?

barefootcontessa12.jpg

are less likely to spend freely (Ha!) or miss appointments

So what was the "Ha" for? :P Boy, was that one ever way off base as far as I'm concerned. Though I don't follow astrology on principal, I can't deny there were some things that rang very true (except the above).

Good morn, Spendswift -- are less likely to spend freely (Ha!) or miss appointments

So what was the "Ha" for?

I don't know. That interjection magically appeared when I posted. Strange. :P

Boy, was that one ever way off base as far as I'm concerned.

No, really? :D

Though I don't follow astrology on principal, I can't deny there were some things that rang very true (except the above).

Let's just say, I smiled and smiled and smiled and smiled some more. And now I'm laughing. :D

Good morning, Snobgoblin -- You are up early. You must not have gone to sleep yet. How was the set?

Don't you mean irritating?

I wonder how I got to be. Now where did you put my rock and axe? You're always taking things from me. Must you always clean?

*How was the set?*

I'm afraid we ended up not going.

I was going to go with my best friend, but her dad is very ill and she has to be on alert much of the time. We had decided to go to the show and then just be ready to split if necessary, but she got stuck in traffic doing errands for her dad and by the time she made it back into the city she was tired and stressed and although she still wanted to go to the show, her dad had called and needed her, so we called it off. The poor kid felt bad because I had already bought tickets. I feel so awful for her because she's got this really great thing she's planning for- her wedding-but at the same time she's dealing with the stress of her father's illness. It just kills me because there's absolutely nothing I can do to fix it for her.

See? Stream of consciousness. :)

*Must you always clean?*

Yes, yes I do. I get some of my best thinking done while I clean.

I get some of my best thinking done while I clean

Hi Minya! I'm just like you about the cleaning and thinking cleaning and thinking...it's such a great "therapy" if you can call it that because it's productive at the same time. I've already cleaned the stove this morning. I can't say my thoughts were as productive, though. :P

*Hi Minya! I'm just like you about the cleaning and thinking cleaning and thinking...it's such a great "therapy" if you can call it that because it's productive at the same time. I've already cleaned the stove this morning. I can't say my thoughts were as productive, though.*

I'm so glad there's someone else out there who feels this way! :) I think part of it is my Virgo control freakiness-if I'm stressed about something, I'll do some cleaning and then after I'm done I'm all "I've conquered what was bothering me!". Like you said, you're getting something done and decompressing and problem solving at the same time.

I'll second you on the stove cleaning-I cleaned mine last week and all I could think about was how gross it was. I hadn't cleaned it in a while. :)

you're getting something done and decompressing and problem solving at the same time.

Well put, and it's also a way of letting off steam.

I just can't think straight, period, if my surroundings are not neat and organized. This is a major challenge in a tiny apartment so there is always something to do.

Right now my biggest challenge is my growing DVD and dvd-R collection. I've got find room for them and keep most of them out of site at the same time. I'll get plenty of chances to organize my thoughts with this project, lol.

Good morning, Minya -- How was the set?

I'm afraid we ended up not going.

I was going to go with my best friend, but her dad is very ill and she has to be on alert much of the time. We had decided to go to the show and then just be ready to split if necessary, but she got stuck in traffic doing errands for her dad and by the time she made it back into the city she was tired and stressed and although she still wanted to go to the show, her dad had called and needed her, so we called it off. The poor kid felt bad because I had already bought tickets. I feel so awful for her because she's got this really great thing she's planning for- her wedding-but at the same time she's dealing with the stress of her father's illness. It just kills me because there's absolutely nothing I can do to fix it for her.

Now how can I call you a "Snobgoblin" after reading such a story? I'm sure I'll find a way. :)

I really feel for your friend. She's dealing with a lot of conflicting emotions. The tough part for her may be feeling happy for herself since her father is ill. There can be quite a bit of guilt attached to her happiness. In a perfect world, she should be one of the happiest people around, but that's probably not the case. I hope she finds a way to completely enjoy her wedding and all there is to be happy about that comes with it. Her husband-to-be has to be her rock. She's going to need him to help her sort through her emotions. I'm sure he will do just fine by her.

The best thing you can do for your friend is to be supportive and understanding, and I'm positive you are both. Sometimes it's not about us, you know.

See? Stream of consciousness.

That was good stuff.

Must you always clean?

Yes, yes I do. I get some of my best thinking done while I clean.

Well, you better start cleaning some more because your thinking ain't the best. :P:P:P

Good afternoon, Stove Top Stuffy -- I'm just like you about the cleaning and thinking cleaning and thinking...it's such a great "therapy" if you can call it that because it's productive at the same time. I've already cleaned the stove this morning. I can't say my thoughts were as productive, though. :P

Yes, you need to clean your thoughts. :P

*Now how can I call you a "Snobgoblin" after reading such a story? I'm sure I'll find a way.*

I would expect nothing less. :)

*Well, you better start cleaning some more because your thinking ain't the best.*

You could be right- for example, I keep talking to you.

*I just can't think straight, period, if my surroundings are not neat and organized*

Me too! It's like that at work too-when things get busy at the end of the month, I have to make sure that my desk is totally clean and organized or I don't feel like I'll get anything done. Everyone gives me a pretty bad time about it-they like to move things ever so slightly just to make me nuts. And it works. :) Of course, I was half way there already.

Now how can I call you a "Snobgoblin" after reading such a story? I'm sure I'll find a way.

I would expect nothing less.

And less is surely what I'll deliver... if that. :)

Well, you better start cleaning some more because your thinking ain't the best.

You could be right- for example, I keep talking to you.

Nun two brite.

There are bigger messes to be found.

I believe that would be the space between your ears.

You say the sweetest things. May I return your love by showing you where the wild roses grow?

It's like that at work too-when things get busy at the end of the month, I have to make sure that my desk is totally clean and organized or I don't feel like I'll get anything done. Everyone gives me a pretty bad time about it-they like to move things ever so slightly just to make me nuts. And it works. Of course, I was half way there already.

Half way? I think that number is crazier, Bob.

*You say the sweetest things. May I return your love by showing you where the wild roses grow?*

I've created a monster!!! I recommend a change to the band we were to see last night-The Reverend Horton Heat. You could use some salvation.

*Half way? I think that number is crazier, Bob.*

God, I wish I'd had a million dollars riding on you responding to that!

Hi Minya-Monster-Maker! :D

I have a full time job just keeping my desk clean because our office is a dust factory. Every morning the neatly Windexed desk I left the night before has a thin veil upon it. It's a constant battle. I have similar issues with my stove top because of the window just above it. If I leave it open just one afternoon, the New York atmosphere leaves it's trace of soot for me to clean.

I've created a monster!!!

Now, now, my child. This here monster was created long before you.

I recommend a change to the band we were to see last night-The Reverend Horton Heat.

Dallas, Texas? Don't you know I'm allergic to Texas folks, especially those from around the Dallas area? If you ever hear someone tell you that the girls from Texas are sweet, try not to laugh too hard. :D

You sure do love your country, Minya. I hope others share some country tunes with you. I know how much you would appreciate that.

You could use some salvation.

Why is it that I hear Manhattan all of a sudden? Did the temp just drop? I better turn up my Hades, I mean, heat. :P

Half way? I think that number is crazier, Bob.

God, I wish I'd had a million dollars riding on you responding to that!

Predictability is one of the very fine points of gentlemanly behavior, Trashy.

*Dallas, Texas? Don't you know I'm allergic to Texas folks, especially those from around the Dallas area?*

But this is the Reverend! I love me some rockabilly music.

*You sure do love your country, Minya. I hope others share some country tunes with you. I know how much you would appreciate that.*

Bite your tongue.

*Why is it that I hear Manhattan all of a sudden? Did the temp just drop? I better turn up my Hades, I mean, heat.*

I can see your horns from here! :)