Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

The Annual FrankGrimes Torture Thread

*I have a full time job just keeping my desk clean because our office is a dust factory. Every morning the neatly Windexed desk I left the night before has a thin veil upon it. It's a constant battle. I have similar issues with my stove top because of the window just above it. If I leave it open just one afternoon, the New York atmosphere leaves it's trace of soot for me to clean.*

I feel your pain. No matter what I do, it's a matter of what seems like minutes before there's a coating of dust everywhere. That's hard for a dedicated neat freak like me.

I feel your pain. No matter what I do, it's a matter of what seems like minutes before there's a coating of dust everywhere. That's hard for a dedicated neat freak like me.

Kind of like FrankGrimes. Just when we think we've dusted him off, he's back again! :)

Hi, Annie Laurie Starr -- Dallas, Texas? Don't you know I'm allergic to Texas folks, especially those from around the Dallas area?

But this is the Reverend! I love me some rockabilly music.

I think there's a country gal inside of you just wishing to rope a steer. ;) I bet you'd have a lot of fun on the farm, CLEANING up after your flock of kids and animals. It's the perfect life for you. You can clean coops and pens from rooster up to piggy down.

You sure do love your country, Minya. I hope others share some country tunes with you. I know how much you would appreciate that.

Bite your tongue.

Cow's tongue?

Why is it that I hear Manhattan all of a sudden? Did the temp just drop? I better turn up my Hades, I mean, heat.

I can see your horns from here!

Is that a Virgo thing? :) I'm talking about the horns, not the seeing from here.

Hola, Honey Bear -- I feel your pain. No matter what I do, it's a matter of what seems like minutes before there's a coating of dust everywhere. That's hard for a dedicated neat freak like me.

Kind of like FrankGrimes. Just when we think we've dusted him off, he's back again!

Now why do you wish to "dust me off"? Don't you like being told all the lovely things I tell you, Snippy?

*I think there's a country gal inside of you just wishing to rope a steer. I bet you'd have a lot of fun on the farm, CLEANING up after your flock of kids and animals. It's the perfect life for you. You can clean coops and pens from rooster up to piggy down.*

While I don't mind cowboys (well, looking at them anyway) life on the farm is not for me. And the next time you make and association between me and the word "kids", I want you to remind yourself about the time you told me that you are always aware of how much you don't know. Bleargh! The very thought. Multiple offspring is okay for other people, but it's never been high on my life priority list.

Besides, I have Norman and Oscar (cats) and they enough of a handful -it's what I imagine dealing with two year olds is like, except that they don't scream and throw things all the time.

While I don't mind cowboys (well, looking at them anyway) life on the farm is not for me.

But think of the mess you could clean up each and every day. I'm sure you could keep your OCD up under such circumstances. ;)

And the next time you make and association between me and the word "kids", I want you to remind yourself about the time you told me that you are always aware of how much you don't know. Bleargh! The very thought. Multiple offspring is okay for other people, but it's never been high on my life priority list.

I don't recall saying that I don't know much. Are you sure that wasn't you, Paula? Are you going mad, Paula?

I'm sure kids would suit you nicely. Just think of the mess they would create for you. The changing of diapers should be heavenly to you. And what about the burpy stuff and drool that would get on your clothes? You could wash constantly. A dream world awaits. Farmer Minya and Her Little Peeps.

Besides, I have Norman and Oscar (cats) and they enough of a handful -it's what I imagine dealing with two year olds is like, except that they don't scream and throw things all the time.

Yes, cats and kids are almost identical. You'll have so much fun.

*I'm sure kids would suit you nicely. Just think of the mess they would create for you. The changing of diapers should be heavenly to you. And what about the burpy stuff and drool that would get on your clothes? You could wash constantly. A dream world awaits. Farmer Minya and Her Little Peeps.*

I just don't think I like you anymore.

Bad Boy Grimes, you certainly know me too well. Just seeing the word torture connected with your name really brings a smile to my face. I'm enjoying this thread immensely.

MissG, hope they didn't kill the mom of that two toed sloth to steal the baby away from it. I can't believe how tiny they are, it's amazing. Who will cradle little Grimes to sleep?

Bronxgirl, glad things turned out great with the apartment. Ask you new friend if she's a fan of In Extremo. By the way, did the eye operation turn out successful for your mom?

Have a great night/morning everyone! Scotty, your buddy Sloth says hi!

SLOTH%20GOONIES.JPG

Hi *Minya*, who says: *Try living in Seattle!*

?meaning, per our incipient discussion of sports etc., that Seattle has not produced winning sports teams, right? Maybe not, but San Diego is not much better. The Chargers have made it to the Super Bowl once only to suffer the Agony of Defeat while the Padres have made it to the World Series twice only to suffer the Agony of Defeat twice. Oh well, at least we don?t live in New Orleans, arguably the most luckless of all. Or other cities, depending on what sport.

Hola *Frank*, mon vieux, enjoyed your remarks about sports fandom and it seems that you are much more into it than I am. When I was younger it was everything but I am not changing with the times, I'm afraid. Of the major sports, pro football ( *only 72 days and counting, woohoo!* ) is the only one I really get excited about any more. Growing up, it was baseball and it continued to be so until the strike. I go with the conventional wisdon that the powers that be did what they could to bring back the fans and they, in effect, ruined the game. Juiced ball, steriods, small ballparks, inter-league lay etc. It's lost it's magic for me and I miss it as if it were an old friend. I check the standings and stats on occasion (home runs are down, I see...encouraging) and follow the storylines (Will the Cubs finally do it?) and enjoy some the interesting things that happen, like this very evening, for instance, when the Dodgers beat the Angels (interleague play, yuck!) 1-0 without the benefit of a hit. I can appreciate how marvelous the game is when things like this happen. I may try to follow a little closer but I don't really know the players anymore. It's kinda sad, baseball was everything to me.

I tried to follow the NBA playoffs a little this year. I lost my interest in basketball years ago. I was glad the Celtics won (don't blame Kobe, not even Michael in his prime could have saved the Lakers IMO) I'm old enough to remember Auerbach (it was stunning to see Bill Russell on TV during the games) and the great Knicks-Lakers in the 70s, for instance. The game has changed. It's not pretty anymore. There are no more fast breaks. You had the extra man and the open guy on the other end would get the layup and it was pretty to watch. Now there are just awkward collisons. Or simply try and drive inside for a layup, more often then not you get your head ripped off. I hate the 3 point play, always did. Work the ball to the rim and then suddenly turn and flip to the circle for the three pointer. Ugly. Slam dunk, uglier. You can see I'm not happy. What happened to the game? How did you come to like the Trail Blazers? Maybe Bill Walton was a hero for you? He lives in San Diego and I see him around. He comes where I work and we say hello. He's married to an Asian girl who is as petite and he is grande. He is a gentleman.

I even had a hockey period. I experienced the Agony of Defeat in either '93 or '94 when I was an avid Kings fan and in despair when McSorley was cited for an equipment violation (remember that?) that effectively cost the Kings the Stanley Cup. McSorley showed no remorse, which was irritating, and Gretzky, who never did get a Cup with Kings, defended him, which was even more irritating. Hockey can be unbelievably exciting but no one covers it anymore (I don't get Versus). I've kept a VHS of an 8-overtime game some years ago, the third longest (at the time) game in NHL history, between the Penguins and ????, was it the Flyers?)

College basketball and college football, nil.

But, on a higher note, looking forward to the NFL. Interesting that you are a Cowboy fan. I was listening to FSR earlier this evening and a sports mag (can't remember which one?) has picked the Cowboys and Chargers to meet in the Super Bowl. It's not all farfetched. But can the Chargers get by the Colts and the Pats? Will Rivers be healthy? Hey, Frank, won't we have fun with Super Bowl like that. At least one of us would experience the Thrill of Victory! But that's a long way off. I'm ready for the season, though (let's see how many more day now??)

I hope we can disuss sports from time to time though I feel I'm such a downer any more. I was curious, though, thinking that maybe you had felt that you had gone overboard and as a matter of necessity had to pull back. Things like that happen. Glad to know you're doing all right in that regard.

ps I still think that Favre will come back. Look for the announcement in the days ahead.

*Hi Minya, who says: Try living in Seattle!*

*?meaning, per our incipient discussion of sports etc., that Seattle has not produced winning sports teams, right? Maybe not, but San Diego is not much better. The Chargers have made it to the Super Bowl once only to suffer the Agony of Defeat while the Padres have made it to the World Series twice only to suffer the Agony of Defeat twice. Oh well, at least we don?t live in New Orleans, arguably the most luckless of all. Or other cities, depending on what sport.*

Exactly! Sports has gotten a bit grim around here lately. The whole Sonics debacle-the decision about that is made next week and I'm not really sure how I feel about it. The Mariners...it's best not spoken of. The Seahawks are less dramatic, I guess. I'm excited about having a real pro soccer team around as my interest for the sport grew last World Cup. There's still much I don't know about it, but I enjoy watching it.

But it seems as if Seattle teams are constantly in a state of rebuilding without ever having positive results of all the change. It's frustrating even for me. :)

*Say hello to "Smithy"!*

thats not very nice... what do you try to do, make friends and then pick on them every chance you get, basically making powerful enemies of all of us innocent girlies?...phew! i got that off my chest. heehee!

*After all the kindness and sweetness I lavish upon you, this is how you treat me in return?*

let me show you some of your old pms to me sometimes. ;)

*Now who are the cruel ones?*

oh dahling, its only for your own protection. those shackles might keep you from stealing all the devil's food cake. heehee!

by the way, who brought up the Goonies? poor sloth was picked on by everyone! chunk loved him though. heehee! i just love that movie!!

.....by the way i was getting ready for church this morning and listening to the radio and a song came on that made me think of you for some reason. its one of our 80s songs and i hadnt heard it in a long time....i just love it and used to watch those movies all the time with my mother!!

do you recognize it? ;)

Hey, Kimmy Kurtains -- Now I'm a toaster? I'll burn your toast, Muffin.

You do and I'll short-circuit your wires, Sugar britches. :)

My wires have already shortcircuited. :P

And we all know who Sugarbritches is. It's Coop's Girl. :D

Ciao, Snobgoblin -- I'm sure kids would suit you nicely. Just think of the mess they would create for you. The changing of diapers should be heavenly to you. And what about the burpy stuff and drool that would get on your clothes? You could wash constantly. A dream world awaits. Farmer Minya and Her Little Peeps.

I just don't think I like you anymore.

Did you ever?

Also, I finally added my 26 Letter list. Mock away.

Is this your list of alphabet swears?

But it seems as if Seattle teams are constantly in a state of rebuilding without ever having positive results of all the change. It's frustrating even for me. :)

Frustrated? Ohhh, I've got the perfect solution for that. Why don't you take up with a farmer and start a big family. And on Minya's farm, she had some peeps. Here a "mommy," there a "mommy," everywhere a "mommy." :P

I admit, I still totally love Neverending Story. :)

This explains a lot. :P

Bonjour, Doctor J -- Bad Boy Grimes, you certainly know me too well. Just seeing the word torture connected with your name really brings a smile to my face. I'm enjoying this thread immensely.

When it comes to torturing me, you have a permanent smile, Mrs. Gwynplaine. The Evil Girl Who Laughs. :P

MissG, hope they didn't kill the mom of that two toed sloth to steal the baby away from it. I can't believe how tiny they are, it's amazing. Who will cradle little Grimes to sleep?

I know whose words and opinions put me to sleep. :P:P:P

Have a great night/morning everyone! Scotty, your buddy Sloth says hi!

Awwwwwww! I know what you want. You want me to hug and kiss you and give you candy pink hearts that are full of love.

Good afternoon, Invisible Woman -- what do you try to do, make friends and then pick on them every chance you get, basically making powerful enemies of all of us innocent girlies?...phew! i got that off my chest. heehee!

You just made me laugh out loud!

After all the kindness and sweetness I lavish upon you, this is how you treat me in return?

let me show you some of your old pms to me sometimes. ;)

I haven't sent you any messages. You must have me confused with someone else. It must be catching because Miss G and Minya are constantly confused.

Now who are the cruel ones?

oh dahling, its only for your own protection. those shackles might keep you from stealing all the devil's food cake. heehee!

Now would I ever do such a thing as steal? I'm not a pirate or a crazy Smithy, I'm a gentleman.

by the way, who brought up the Goonies?

The loving pink hearts girl who wishes to be smothered in hugs and kisses, that's who.

poor sloth was picked on by everyone! chunk loved him though. heehee! i just love that movie!!

Woohoo!

by the way i was getting ready for church this morning and listening to the radio and a song came on that made me think of you for some reason.

"Sweet and Innocent"?

its one of our 80s songs

Ahhh, "Sweetest Thing (I've Ever Known)."

and i hadnt heard it in a long time....i just love it and used to watch those movies all the time with my mother!! do you recognize it?

Oh, goodness. Will your tree ever run out of sap?

*Good afternoon, Invisible Woman -- what do you try to do, make friends and then pick on them every chance you get, basically making powerful enemies of all of us innocent girlies?...phew! i got that off my chest. heehee!*

*You just made me laugh out loud!*

well its the least i could do, since you plastered my dignity all over the place. heehee!

*I haven't sent you any messages. You must have me confused with someone else. It must be catching because Miss G and Minya are constantly confused.*

im sorry, give me a chance to pick up my jaw!

*Now would I ever do such a thing as steal? I'm not a pirate or a crazy Smithy, I'm a gentleman*

ha! yes you would mr-i-think-i-am-a-gentleman. yes, you are a pirate, but a bad one. lafitte, touche him!

*The loving pink hearts girl who wishes to be smothered in hugs and kisses, that's who.*

how cute.

*Woohoo!*

thats one my mother would happen to watch constatly!

*"Sweet and Innocent"?*

heehee! oh you mean this song?

it certainly wouldnt refer to you if thats what you mean. heehee!

*its one of our 80s songs*

*Ahhh, "Sweetest Thing (I've Ever Known)."*

dont do that, i get all soft when you do that!

*Oh, goodness. Will your tree ever run out of sap?*

of course not! its the sap that keeps me going, if i ran out of sap, i might collapse to my death and you wouldnt want that would you?...WAIT!! dont answer that.

Frank: I will let you slide on this one and save trivia quizzes for when you are ready. They are so easy, you could even doze a bit and still get the answers right. Let me know if you were able to tape Grand Hotel.

I won't be watching movies tonight, am taking screenwriting class, have to read Hospital (Paddy Chayefsky) by tomorrow night. I got the script this afternoon. I enjoyed the Torture Thread...very amusing back and forth banter. Wacky. I share your views about Texas, have not been there in 15 years, probably for the best, Being born in NYC, it would probably be a shock to my system and puff up my curly hair like the Red Headed Girl. Tree sloth photos great btw, fuzzy. I think sloths have more fun than squirrels IMO.

What you said about Frank and torture is funny...love these three pix! I needed a laugh today since my teenager _is_ truly torturing me with high drama since Friday. Teen has only been home from school since the 17th. Ack! But I digress, Frank was probably a cute, bad boy, sloth baby back in the day.

Thanks, metsie; yes, she's a darlin' girl, just darlin'! She's returning to Cork tomorrow but will be back in two to three weeks with her boyfriend Fergal. After some business, which will only take a day or two, they'll be here about three weeks and we'll go and check out the Irish pubs in Boca. Is In Extremo an Irish band? She says when she returns she'll bring me some "Irish stuff" (she wants to surprise me) I told her just fold David O'Hara in her luggage.

She's telling me things about Irish men I never knew -- they're basically lazy. When Fergal gets home from work, he says to her, "Woman, leave me alone!" And she always has to hurry him along in most things. (I didn't want to pry THAT deeply)

And thanks for inquring after Mom -- yes, she's coming along fine, can drive and do all the things she's done before.

*She says when she returns she'll bring me some "Irish stuff" (she wants to surprise me) I told her just fold David O'Hara in her luggage.*

If she brings you an overabundance of "irish stuff" like David O'Hara, I'd be happy to take it off your hands. :)

Well, I'm still trying to figure out my Cary dream. That was strictly a theraputic massage for tired back and arm muscles. But Cary didn't even thank me, the nerve. Just to spite him, I didn't watch NONE BUT THE LONELY HEART the other night.

You're right about the garlic pizza. Last night I dreamt my mother was a mummy (a real one, with the wrappings) and she was lying in bed and raised her creepy looking hand to point at something. I woke up with a shudder.

I've decided to live to120, so started the "Okinawa Diet" yesterday. I bought tofu, soy milk, green jasmine tea, brown rice, squash, cabbage, radishes, and broccoli. Apparently this Japanese population is very healthy and has one of the highest longevity rates in the world. (although I think the Georgians (Russia) are the winners by about 10 years, and they eat a lot of fresh yogurt and butter) Okinawans are featured in TEAHOUSE OF THE AUGUST MOON. The real ones. Not Marlon Brando.

It's dinner time and every fiber of my body is screaming for spaghetti and meatballs.

Message was edited by: Bronxgirl48

*This explains a lot.*

Again, out of the two of us, you're the one who listens to Huey Lewis-so I think I'm still light years ahead.

*Is this your list of alphabet swears?*

No, I could compile one, though. It all started as a pact between my coworkers and myself to cut down on the amount of swearing we were all doing. Now, instead of profanity you just hear a lot of letters of the alphabet being tossed around. In a way, it's even funnier. But harder to combine swear words, which was a personal favorite. A terrible habit, but there are some times when so few other words fit.

*Frustrated? Ohhh, I've got the perfect solution for that. Why don't you take up with a farmer and start a big family. And on Minya's farm, she had some peeps. Here a "mommy," there a "mommy," everywhere a "mommy."*

It's like, 80 degrees inside my house right now. Too hot to engage you in this preoccupation you have with my reproductive status.