Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

The Annual FrankGrimes Torture Thread

Oh Bronxie, I say go for the spaghetti, the Japanese have been eating that way for thousands of years so its already built into their genes...you'll hurt yourself by suddenly depriving yourself of what your used to. Maybe just limit the number of meatballs, there's already a big giant one on this thread. :P

...or go ahead and make that big tofu salad and then when you're not looking, toss a couple of meatballs in there. Sometime the right hand doesn't need to know what the left hand is doing. ;)

And remember too, The Japanese might live a long time but they are also gave us the Sumi wrestlers. (Rationizalion comes so easy when talking about diets, sigh)

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA Good one.

You make a lot of sense.

I'm boiling the pasta right now. (I wisely didn't throw any of the 'old" food out)

I'll give the Okinawa stuff to my mother. She even likes green tea.

:D

I admit green tea tastes awful but I do drink it once or twice a week. I don't know if it does any good or if it's really all that much healthier than my beloved black teas, but it's easier than tofu. Yuckie! I can't stand tofu...it tastes like old tires to me. How can old tires be healthy?

Good evenin', Miss G(elato) -- Oh Bronxie, I say go for the spaghetti, the Japanese have been eating that way for thousands of years so its already built into their genes...you'll hurt yourself by suddenly depriving yourself of what your used to.

Ohhhh, look who's talking. Do you ever eat?

Maybe just limit the number of meatballs, there's already a big giant one on this thread. :P

That's uncalled for! First you hang up on Sweet T and now you call her a meatball. This has gone too far. I must speak up and defend BittersourGreer and her cold, mean ways. Just because she has trashy film tastes doesn't mean she deserves to be treated badly. You should feel ashamed of yourself. Tsk, tsk, shame, and double-shame.

Good evening, Star Rustler -- Don't give me philosophy, GIVE ME SPAGHETTI AND MEATBALLS, I'M GOING OUT OF MY MIND.

Coming right up!

bilko17.jpg

I bought mango flavored green tea in hopes it would sweeten it up, but it really doesn't. Now "they" are saying that pomegranate tea is best; so many conflicting theories about what to eat and drink. I love my black Darjeeling tea, but need it with skim milk and sugar. And I need at least one regular cup of real coffee a day to keep myself sane. I use Benecol margarine, try to eat a lot of fruits and veggies, and in general avoid the high glycemic foods with a lotta carbs.

I go to a Thai restaurant where their fried tofu is really delicious, but whenever I make it at home, it really DOES taste like tires.

I won't let Duane make our dinner when we get married. And if you're interested in updates on the wedding, there are none. I'm waiting for my Irish landlady to hook me up with Fergal's brother.

That's uncalled for! First you hang up on Sweet T and now you call her a meatball. This has gone too far. I must speak up and defend BittersourGreer and her cold, mean ways. Just because she has trashy film tastes doesn't mean she deserves to be treated badly. You should feel ashamed of yourself. Tsk, tsk, shame, and double-shame.

What a sad, twisted meatball it is. :P

I say eat whatever's fresh and as unprocessed as possible. I love batter fried cauliflower, which of course defeats the purpose. :D

And yes I do eat, Mr Grimes...I ate like a piggy in Europe and ended up losing weight. I've already gained it back since I returned to my diet. Go figure!

And yes I do eat, Mr Grimes...I ate like a piggy in Europe and ended up losing weight. I've already gained it back since I returned to my diet. Go figure!

So get off your silly diet! Like you really need one.

So get off your silly diet! Like you really need one.

I don't really "diet" ever, it's just that I have to watch what I eat here, whereas in Europe for some reason I have no problem eating whatever I want and not gaining an ounce.

I miss my gelato. :( I can't find the words to describe how unbelievably scrumptious it was...ohhh.

I don't really "diet" ever, it's just that I have to watch what I eat here, whereas in Europe for some reason I have no problem eating whatever I want and not gaining an ounce.

Ohh, I see. It's always smart to watch what you eat, just make sure you eat. Do as you say to Bronxie, don't deprive yourself of tasty food.

I miss my gelato. :( I can't find the words to describe how unbelievably scrumptious it was...ohhh.

So what flavors did you sample?

Since about 8 years ago I really stopped eating frozen processed food and just go with what's fresh, not really "health food" (I'm not a granola person anyway and only go to Whole Foods to get their FANTASTIC Russian Mousse cake) just good, wholesome but tasty stuff. I don't diet and don't buy any "lite" brands. I eat authentic Greek yogurt (the no fat variety, but it's as rich as can be, with all natural ingredients), egg yolks three times a week, fresh salmon, lean beef, chicken, fresh fruits and vegetables, salads, whole grains,(I can't stand w/w pasta, though, it's got to be white) lots of water. Holidays I go all out and devour the carbs and the fat. I love traditional American comfort food but also ethnic (Indian, Mexican, Vietnamese, Spanish) and just eat sensibly most of the time. I love Irish oatmeal (McCann's) but can't get it down in this climate. (even with the a/c full blast). It's such a healthy breakfast, but I have eggs instead, with a little low-sodium regular bacon.

I dream about donuts.

I wasn't too adventurous with the flavors, though there are dozens...I'm too fond of Chocolate so I usually had chocolate with "fragola" (Strawbery), "lampone" (Raspberry), "Tiramisu" or "Nocciola" (hazelnut). Mmmmmmmmmm mmmmmmmmmmmm good.

This is a form of self-torture, but just for you, Lady B:

Breakfast was usually fresh bread, either French, croissants or Italian "crusty" bread with of course butter and various jams and preserves, or fresh eggs if you wanted, various cold cuts (this is popular in Italy and Germany, a little less so in France), tea or coffee and lots of fresh fruit. Lunch, or "pranzo" was my lightest meal, maybe just antipasta selections, some salad, cheeses wine and lots of gelato! Dinner, which is later (8:00 at the earliest) was pasta dishes of every description (the best I had was a melanzane in Ischia---to die for!), or Pizza Margherita, salad, calamari, fresh fish for the main course. In Italy, pasta is just a "primi piatti" or first course, usually not the main dish. Another reason to love that country! :D And I always tried to drink the "house wine" which inevitably is as good or better than ordering anything else. In fact, the cheapest thing throughout Europe on any menu is wine. I was intoxicated just with the prices! But I never got loopy. The wine there neither gets me as high nor has the aftereffects of a headache that it does here. I had some truly fine Rose's, which are popular in summer. I would have brought back some bottles but my luggage was already overweight. :(

Oh, and always an aperitif, Prosecco or Limoncello. Limoncello can be an aquired taste but I've come to like it. I did bring back a bottle of a variation that is flavored with melon (canteloup). It's practically a dessert all on its own!

My mouth is watering, Goddess, thank you. Everything sounds delicous.

It seems like Europe doesn't have a lot of junk or preservatives in their foods, you know? And I think they don't do a lot of the snacking we do. I think the attitude over there is that, people aren't FEARFUL of food.

I remember watching COUSIN, COUSINE; the two lovers nonchalantly strolled into a patisserie and ordered about SIX pastries on a plate; eclairs, etc. But yet it didn't seem like they were pigging out, more like: food is pleasure; food is sustanance yes, but also an art when it's prepared and appreciated properly. They were having a little afternoon snack. (after their other afternoon delight) Ah, Par-ee.