Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

The Annual FrankGrimes Torture Thread

An eclair or here's what I always order at Laduree, the famous Parisian tea house: La Religiseuse Chocolat. It's this DIVINE puffy creation filled with what might be described as a chocolate mousse...oh heavenly, heavenly. They also have a version made from essence of roses. There are dozens of varieties of pastries to make you die and the place generally has a line around the block for the "take out" section.

My favorite cheeses tend to be mild "milk" cheeses or goat's cheese. France is cheese heaven.

Have mercy, Miss G., oh, have mercy. That tea house sounds DIVINE.

I adore anything with a rose flavor. (also bittersweet orange and raspberry)

When I lived in the West Village twenty years ago, there was a little French pastry shop across the street from John's Pizza. I had the most incredible eclair there, so I can just imagine what you are describing in Paris.

I could live on Brie and baguettes.

Hola, Annie Laurie -- I will let you slide on this one and save trivia quizzes for when you are ready. They are so easy, you could even doze a bit and still get the answers right. Let me know if you were able to tape Grand Hotel.

You're letting me off easy? Welcome to the board! Where've you been all my life?

I won't be watching movies tonight, am taking screenwriting class, have to read Hospital (Paddy Chayefsky) by tomorrow night. I got the script this afternoon.

Ahhh, a budding screenwriter. That's wonderful. Make sure to share with us your thoughts on Hospital.

I enjoyed the Torture Thread...very amusing back and forth banter. Wacky.

Wacky? Who's wacky? :D

I share your views about Texas, have not been there in 15 years, probably for the best, Being born in NYC, it would probably be a shock to my system and puff up my curly hair like the Red Headed Girl.

So you have been in NYC and Texas? Don't tell me you're snippy, too. :P

What you said about Frank and torture is funny

Ouch!

I needed a laugh today since my teenager is truly torturing me with high drama since Friday. Teen has only been home from school since the 17th. Ack!

Is there anything more tortoruous than teen drama? :) But you should be very happy to endure such torture.

But I digress, Frank was probably a cute, bad boy, sloth baby back in the day.

Way back in the day.

Hey, Little Mermaid -- Well, I'm still trying to figure out my Cary dream. That was strictly a theraputic massage for tired back and arm muscles.

Uh-huh. That's how it always starts.

But Cary didn't even thank me, the nerve.

Men are swine.

Just to spite him, I didn't watch NONE BUT THE LONELY HEART the other night.

Withholding favors... again.

You're right about the garlic pizza. Last night I dreamt my mother was a mummy (a real one, with the wrappings) and she was lying in bed and raised her creepy looking hand to point at something. I woke up with a shudder.

Your dreams keep getting weirder and weirder.

I've decided to live to 120,

Now I get the mummy dream, Princess Anck-es-en-Amon.

so started the "Okinawa Diet" yesterday. I bought tofu, soy milk, green jasmine tea, brown rice, squash, cabbage, radishes, and broccoli.

Nuts and berries seem mighty appealing, all of a sudden.

What's up, Lady in Red -- This explains a lot.

Again, out of the two of us, you're the one who listens to Huey Lewis-so I think I'm still light years ahead.

:P

Is this your list of alphabet swears?

No, I could compile one, though. It all started as a pact between my coworkers and myself to cut down on the amount of swearing we were all doing. Now, instead of profanity you just hear a lot of letters of the alphabet being tossed around. In a way, it's even funnier. But harder to combine swear words, which was a personal favorite. A terrible habit, but there are some times when so few other words fit.

I love it! Despite being a rap fan, I've never been a huge curser. I will let the words fly when I'm really riled up, though. Curiously, my urge to swear has gone up since I've been talking to you. :P

Frustrated? Ohhh, I've got the perfect solution for that. Why don't you take up with a farmer and start a big family. And on Minya's farm, she had some peeps. Here a "mommy," there a "mommy," everywhere a "mommy."

It's like, 80 degrees inside my house right now. Too hot to engage you in this preoccupation you have with my reproductive status.

Are you living in a chili bowl?

Freud is lovin' my preoccupation with your reproductive status. ;)

Howdy, Unsweetened Texas T -- I haven't sent you any messages. You must have me confused with someone else. It must be catching because Miss G and Minya are constantly confused.

im sorry, give me a chance to pick up my jaw!

At least your jaw isn't as jabbery as some.

Now would I ever do such a thing as steal? I'm not a pirate or a crazy Smithy, I'm a gentleman

ha! yes you would mr-i-think-i-am-a-gentleman. yes, you are a pirate, but a bad one. lafitte, touche him!

I'm a bad pirate? No, no, no, no. Once again, you must have me confused with someone else. Are you sure Laffite is a good pirate? Is there such a thing?

The loving pink hearts girl who wishes to be smothered in hugs and kisses, that's who.

how cute.

"Cute"! That's one of J-Girl's favorite words!

"Sweet and Innocent"?

heehee! oh you mean this song?

That's the song.

it certainly wouldnt refer to you if thats what you mean. heehee!

I'm all sweet and always innocent. You used to be. :D

its one of our 80s songs

Ahhh, "Sweetest Thing (I've Ever Known)."

dont do that, i get all soft when you do that!

You can't get any softer!

Oh, goodness. Will your tree ever run out of sap?

of course not! its the sap that keeps me going, if i ran out of sap, i might collapse to my death and you wouldnt want that would you?...WAIT!! dont answer that.

I would never wish for your collapse. So why is it that you are constantly shoving me into boiling vats of chocolate, strangling me with your long black gloves, and crushing me with elephants?

My Okinawa experiment lasted just one day.

The spaghetti dinner was delicious.

How are you, my little meatball?

I have two recurring dreams. One is that I'm in a Chinese restaurant trying to find the right seat. The other is that I'm floating in the darkness of outer space, but it seems like home.

You figure them out, I'm going to bed.

Princess Ananka

My Okinawa experiment lasted just one day.

That's one more day than it would have lasted for me. At least you are adventurous. I like that quality.

The spaghetti dinner was delicious.

Excellent! How was your chat?

How are you, my little meatball?

I'm doing pretty good. Thank you for asking, my little mermaid. So have you spoken with your mom of late? What's new with her?

I have two recurring dreams. One is that I'm in a Chinese restaurant trying to find the right seat. The other is that I'm floating in the darkness of outer space, but it seems like home. You figure them out, I'm going to bed.

Do the elderly ladies and their grandfather clock accompany you?

*I love it! Despite being a rap fan, I've never been a huge curser. I will let the words fly when I'm really riled up, though. Curiously, my urge to swear has gone up since I've been talking to you.*

I know! Funny, huh? :)

*Freud is lovin' my preoccupation with your reproductive status.*

I swear, I was CRYING I laughed so hard at this! :)

And no, no chili bowl. The house takes a long time to get warm, but when it does it's an oven. Having back to back near ninety degree weather doesn't help. Plus, all my pretty flowers are wilting. :( Still, I feel bad complaining considering we're not experiencing floods, fires or 100 degree plus temps for weeks on end.

Hey Minya,

We?ve had record breaking temps nearly every day this whole month here in Central Texas (high 90s-100s). Today it?s supposed to get up to 98 but with the heat index it will feel above 100. I mean, it?s summer in Texas, it?s gonna be hot, but usually August is our hottest month. We?ve had no rain in a long time too so all the grass is dead. They?ll probably cancel most of the firework shows for the 4th too b/c they usually do when it?s so dry and hot like this.

Hey BronxGirl,

You not watching one of Cary?s movies b/c he didn?t thank you for the back rub in your dream is too funny! Maybe he didn?t thank you b/c you wouldn?t even let him take his shirt off. What kind of massage is that ;) ?

As for the dirty dream I had about Gary, I mainly remember what happened after you know what ;). For some reason lately I?ve had a hard time remembering my dreams which isn?t like me at all. But I do remember that we were snuggling in bed and he was laying behind me and I turned around and kissed his cheek and he smiled. Awwww, it was so sweet :x. That was also a change for me b/c the dirty dreams usually aren?t sweet, just dirty :P.

The pics of Sloth from *The Goonies* cracked me up. I always loved that movie! Except that might be a little harsh, surely Frank can?t be that bad looking ;).

What's goin' on, Super Charger? -- Of the major sports, pro football ( only 72 days and counting, woohoo! ) is the only one I really get excited about any more.

:) What I don't like about football are the feelings it produces inside of me. It is the one sport that makes me a manic-depressive. If the Cowboys lose a game, I become very irritable. I have learned to temper my anger over the past few years, though. I have mellowed. I took the Cowboys' playoff loss rather well this past season. I have a feeling I won't take the next playoff loss as easily.

Growing up, it was baseball and it continued to be so until the strike. I go with the conventional wisdon that the powers that be did what they could to bring back the fans and they, in effect, ruined the game. Juiced ball, steriods, small ballparks, inter-league lay etc. It's lost it's magic for me and I miss it as if it were an old friend. I check the standings and stats on occasion (home runs are down, I see...encouraging) and follow the storylines (Will the Cubs finally do it?) and enjoy some the interesting things that happen, like this very evening, for instance, when the Dodgers beat the Angels (interleague play, yuck!) 1-0 without the benefit of a hit. I can appreciate how marvelous the game is when things like this happen. I may try to follow a little closer but I don't really know the players anymore. It's kinda sad, baseball was everything to me.

The no-hit loss by the Angels was crazy. You are exactly right, that's what makes baseball such a wonderful sport. You can see something out of the ordinary most every week in baseball despite it's rich history.

I see that you are very much a purist. I'm a mix. I like interleague play but I prefer pitcher's duels. I enjoy the subtleties of baseball yet I also love the style of modern-day athletes.

I'm not one to let the world of business (strikes and money) deter my love of sports. This is very much in tune with me being a big kid. I ended up getting sick of all the steroids coverage more so than the steroids use.

Baseball has always been very important to me. Geez, that's very Sammy Sosa-like.

I tried to follow the NBA playoffs a little this year. I lost my interest in basketball years ago. I was glad the Celtics won (don't blame Kobe, not even Michael in his prime could have saved the Lakers IMO) I'm old enough to remember Auerbach (it was stunning to see Bill Russell on TV during the games) and the great Knicks-Lakers in the 70s, for instance.

Larry Bird and Magic Johnson were rookies when I started following the NBA. Doctor J was my favorite player back then. I was a Sixers fan when they swept the Lakers to win the NBA title in '83.

The game has changed. It's not pretty anymore. There are no more fast breaks. You had the extra man and the open guy on the other end would get the layup and it was pretty to watch. Now there are just awkward collisons. Or simply try and drive inside for a layup, more often then not you get your head ripped off. I hate the 3 point play, always did. Work the ball to the rim and then suddenly turn and flip to the circle for the three pointer. Ugly. Slam dunk, uglier. You can see I'm not happy. What happened to the game?

You are right, the NBA is no longer "elegant." It lacks grace and beauty. The word "ugly" does apply. You cited quite a few reasons for the league's slide. Too many American players rely on their superior athleticism for their survival. They have the ability to create their own shots but they don't have the ability to make those shots. Their game tends to be "all or nothing." There's no middle ground.

I also believe today's NBA is overcoached. What I mean by this is that the coaches wish to control and manage each possession. The players have far less creative control. The result is a slower-paced game, full of half-court possessions that use up most of the 24-second shot clock.

I didn't watch too much of the NBA Finals this year.

How did you come to like the Trail Blazers?

Clyde Drexler. Drexler is my favorite player. When the Blazers drafted him in '83, I became a Blazers fan. How could I abandon the Sixers after they won the title? I think I wanted to be different than some of my friends. I usually like going against the grain.

Maybe Bill Walton was a hero for you? He lives in San Diego and I see him around. He comes where I work and we say hello. He's married to an Asian girl who is as petite and he is grande. He is a gentleman.

Walton was a little before my time. He was hurt a lot with the Clips and then a bench player with the Celtics when I started watching the NBA as a kid. Walton used to bother me as an announcer but now I like him.

I even had a hockey period. I experienced the Agony of Defeat in either '93 or '94 when I was an avid Kings fan and in despair when McSorley was cited for an equipment violation (remember that?) that effectively cost the Kings the Stanley Cup. McSorley showed no remorse, which was irritating, and Gretzky, who never did get a Cup with Kings, defended him, which was even more irritating. Hockey can be unbelievably exciting but no one covers it anymore (I don't get Versus). I've kept a VHS of an 8-overtime game some years ago, the third longest (at the time) game in NHL history, between the Penguins and ????, was it the Flyers?)

Ahh, yes, I remember the Habs-Kings Finals and the McSorley gaffe. The overtime game you probably speak of is Pens and Flyers from the 2000 playoffs. It went into the 5th overtime. The game didn't end until after two in the morning. That's one of my favorite Flyer moments. And, you are right, it is the third longest game in NHL history. The Stars and Sharks went into a 4th overtime in this year's playoffs. It was a fantastic game. The goalies put on a show, particularly Marty Turco.

I watched all of the Stanley Cup Finals and a lot of the playoffs this year. The Flyers made it to the Eastern Conference Finals. It was a great surprise.

But, on a higher note, looking forward to the NFL. Interesting that you are a Cowboy fan. I was listening to FSR earlier this evening and a sports mag (can't remember which one?) has picked the Cowboys and Chargers to meet in the Super Bowl. It's not all farfetched. But can the Chargers get by the Colts and the Pats? Will Rivers be healthy? Hey, Frank, won't we have fun with Super Bowl like that. At least one of us would experience the Thrill of Victory! But that's a long way off. I'm ready for the season, though (let's see how many more day now??)

I believe that's Athlon's because I actually flipped through that mag last week. I was surprised to see them picking the Cowboys over the Chargers in the Super Bowl. Most everyone is picking Dallas to make it to the Super Bowl. I do believe they are the best team in the NFC... on paper. But I thought the same last year.

I'm not sure if the Chargers can get by the Patriots. The Colts, yes. The AFC is easily the best conference.

I hope we can disuss sports from time to time though I feel I'm such a downer any more.

I'll discuss sports with you any time. I have no idea why you feel you're such a downer. You have been very engaging on the board. You are especially a delight after dealing with Miss G. So if you ever feel you are a downer, just go to where Miss G is and you'll be a breath of fresh air to others. :D

I was curious, though, thinking that maybe you had felt that you had gone overboard and as a matter of necessity had to pull back. Things like that happen. Glad to know you're doing all right in that regard.

I had been overboard forever. I just hit a serious wall. I feel weird ( :D ) because I'm not the person I've always known. I'm outside. But I'm now used to being locked out in the cold by Butterscotch. I guess she feels I have more freezing off to do. Women.

I don't need sports as much as I used to need them.

ps I still think that Favre will come back. Look for the announcement in the days ahead.

A Favre-led Pack would be the Cowboys' biggest threat. As it stands now, it's the NFC East.

*We?ve had record breaking temps nearly every day this whole month here in Central Texas (high 90s-100s). Today it?s supposed to get up to 98 but with the heat index it will feel above 100. I mean, it?s summer in Texas, it?s gonna be hot, but usually August is our hottest month. We?ve had no rain in a long time too so all the grass is dead. They?ll probably cancel most of the firework shows for the 4th too b/c they usually do when it?s so dry and hot like this.*

Yikes! This is why I feel bad whining about a couple of hot days. Seattle is the city of the eternal dissatisfaction weather wise. When it's cold and rainy we want heat and as soon as we've got it, we all complain because it's too hot. :)

*Weve had record breaking temps nearly every day this whole month here in Central Texas (high 90s-100s). Today its supposed to get up to 98 but with the heat index it will feel above 100. I mean, its summer in Texas, its gonna be hot, but usually August is our hottest month. Weve had no rain in a long time too so all the grass is dead. Theyll probably cancel most of the firework shows for the 4th too b/c they usually do when its so dry and hot like this.*

Yikes! This is why I feel bad whining about a couple of hot days. Seattle is the city of the eternal disatisfaction weather wise. When it's cold and rainy we want heat and as soon as we've got it, we all complain because it's too hot. :)

*We've had record breaking temps nearly every day this whole month here in Central Texas (high 90s-100s). Today it's supposed to get up to 98 but with the heat index it will feel above 100. I mean, it's summer in Texas, it's gonna be hot, but usually August is our hottest month. We've had no rain in a long time too so all the grass is dead. They'll probably cancel most of the firework shows for the 4th too b/c they usually do when it's so dry and hot like this.*

Yikes! This is why I feel bad whining about a couple of hot days. Seattle is the city of the eternal disatisfaction weather wise. When it's cold and rainy we want heat and as soon as we've got it, we all complain because it's too hot. :)

*We've had record breaking temps nearly every day this whole month here in Central Texas (high 90s-100s). Today it's supposed to get up to 98 but with the heat index it will feel above 100. I mean, it's summer in Texas, it's gonna be hot, but usually August is our hottest month. We've had no rain in a long time too so all the grass is dead. They'll probably cancel most of the firework shows for the 4th too b/c they usually do when it's so dry and hot like this.*

Good morn, Annie Laurie Starr -- Curiously, my urge to swear has gone up since I've been talking to you.

I know! Funny, huh?

A, B, C, D, E, F, G... H, I, J, K, L, M, N, O, P... Q, R, S, T, U, V... W, X, Y, and Z. Thanks to Minya, I know my ABC's. Won't you come and curse with me?

Freud is lovin' my preoccupation with your reproductive status.

I swear, I was CRYING I laughed so hard at this!

You're not pregnant, are you? Now I'm crying with laughter. :P

And no, no chili bowl. The house takes a long time to get warm, but when it does it's an oven. Having back to back near ninety degree weather doesn't help. Plus, all my pretty flowers are wilting.

Hey, I know where you can find the prettiest roses you ever did see. Come on, let me show you. It'll be fun! :P

Still, I feel bad complaining considering we're not experiencing floods, fires or 100 degree plus temps for weeks on end.

Complain away. It's much better than your usual demeanor. :D

Good morning, Hot and Dirty -- We?ve had record breaking temps nearly every day this whole month here in Central Texas (high 90s-100s). Today it?s supposed to get up to 98 but with the heat index it will feel above 100. I mean, it?s summer in Texas, it?s gonna be hot, but usually August is our hottest month. We?ve had no rain in a long time too so all the grass is dead. They?ll probably cancel most of the firework shows for the 4th too b/c they usually do when it?s so dry and hot like this.

And you had a cold on top of that?! Yucky. We just had a rainy weekend, but we needed it. Spring was gorgeous here. The temps were mostly in the 70s and 80s.

As for the dirty dream

Uh-huh!

I had about Gary,

Blech!

I mainly remember what happened after you know what ;) .

What? What?!

For some reason lately I?ve had a hard time remembering my dreams which isn?t like me at all. But I do remember that we were snuggling in bed and he was laying behind me and I turned around and kissed his cheek and he smiled. Awwww, it was so sweet . That was also a change for me b/c the dirty dreams usually aren?t sweet, just dirty .

It's time to bring in Minya. She loves to clean to clear her mind. Your mind needs a serious scrubbin', Gutter Gal.

The pics of Sloth from The Goonies cracked me up. I always loved that movie! Except that might be a little harsh, surely Frank can?t be that bad looking ;) .

Surely, I can. :P

*You're not pregnant, are you? Now I'm crying with laughter*

Wokka, wokka, wokka. :)

*Complain away. It's much better than your usual demeanor.*

That would indicate that my usual demeanor is all sweetness and light (true). You like complaining better? Are you a glutton for punishment?

Don?t feel bad for complaining about the weather, we all do it. I?m ready for fall and winter already but as soon as it gets cold I?ll be wishing it was summer again. It?s a vicious cycle :).

Mr. Sloth:

*It's time to bring in Minya. She loves to clean to clear her mind. Your mind needs a serious scrubbin', Gutter Gal.*

My house and cube at work are immaculately clean, as for mind, I prefer to leave it a little dirty ;).

I had another dream last night that I was a contestant on *Flavor of Love* (that show is my guilty pleasure). This is the second dream I?ve had like that and both times I?m hoping he won?t pick me b/c I don?t like him, even though I love the show. Thankfully I didn?t get picked this time either. Why can?t I dream of being on a show like that with Gary as the guy?! Now that would be one contest I would try my best to win :P.

Message was edited by: coopsgirl

Hi, Farmer Minya -- Complain away. It's much better than your usual demeanor.

That would indicate that my usual demeanor is all sweetness and light (true).

Uh-huh. Right. I've been told all this "true" sweetness and light stuff before, Whiny.

You like complaining better? Are you a glutton for punishment?

I'm chatting with you, so that goes without saying. :)

Did you get your red dress yet, Rio? The sand is getting cold.

Howdy, Guilty Pleasure -- My house and cube at work are immaculately clean, as for mind, I prefer to leave it a little dirty ;) .

A little? :D Your grading scale is rather interesting.

I had another dream last night that I was a contestant on Flavor of Love (that show is my guilty pleasure). This is the second dream I?ve had like that and both times I?m hoping he won?t pick me b/c I don?t like him, even though I love the show. Thankfully I didn?t get picked this time either. Why can?t I dream of being on a show like that with Gary as the guy?! Now that would be one contest I would try my best to win .

I never heard of the show, thankfully. I can't get on your TV viewing tastes too much since you do watch baseball and Mystery Science Theater.

*A little? Your grading scale is rather interesting.*

Okay, I prefer to leave my mind rolling around in the muck and filth of the gutter. Are you happy now?!

Since you like rap I imagine you know who Flavor Flav is and *Flavor of Love* was a show on VH1 where 20 girls would move into his house and he was supposed to pick one to be his ?Flavor of Love?. They did 3 seasons of the show and then after the last season he ended up proposing to a woman he met outside the show and had a baby with between the 2nd and 3rd seasons. I hate reality shows but for some reason I just got hooked on that show. I have seen every episode multiple times as well as the reunion shows they would do after each season. They?re not doing any more of them though and that stinks. I don?t even like Flavor Flav but some reason, I?m just mesmerized by him. It?s sick really. I mean my goodness, there was one episode in the 2nd season, where one of the girls pooped on the stairs in his house!!!! She didn?t even seem to be embarrassed about it. What?s even worse though is he didn?t immediately kick her off, she stayed around a couple more weeks. That?s just wrong!!

Speaking of baseball, my ?stros won their series against the Red Sox this weekend. It was sweet, especially with all the trouble we?ve been going through lately. You know, that whole player choking the GM thing was pretty rough.

A little? Your grading scale is rather interesting.

Okay, I prefer to leave my mind rolling around in the muck and filth of the gutter. Are you happy now?!

Extremely! :)

Since you like rap I imagine you know who Flavor Flav is

Yeah, boy! That's Flave language. Public Enemy is one of my all-tive favorites.

and Flavor of Love was a show on VH1 where 20 girls would move into his house and he was supposed to pick one to be his ?Flavor of Love?.

Ohh, I actually have heard of this show. It sounds like a train wreck, to be sure.

They did 3 seasons of the show and then after the last season he ended up proposing to a woman he met outside the show and had a baby with between the 2nd and 3rd seasons.

Another kid?! Geez, he's got so many as it is. Flav is getting quite a bit of action thanks to reality shows.

I hate reality shows but for some reason I just got hooked on that show. I have seen every episode multiple times as well as the reunion shows they would do after each season. They?re not doing any more of them though and that stinks.

The only reality shows I have ever watched was some of the Real World and just a little of the Surreal World with Flav. That's all she wrote for me.

I don?t even like Flavor Flav but some reason, I?m just mesmerized by him. It?s sick really.

How in the world are you mesmerized by Flavor Flav? I hope you dream that Coop is about to take you in his arms and you wake up to see Flav. :P

I mean my goodness, there was one episode in the 2nd season, where one of the girls pooped on the stairs in his house!!!! She didn?t even seem to be embarrassed about it. What?s even worse though is he didn?t immediately kick her off, she stayed around a couple more weeks. That?s just wrong!!

You don't think it's cute and adorable for a girl to poop on the steps? I guess I'm old-fashioned. :D Hey it's a sure sign that she's feeling very comfortable with you. Or that she's blitzed. ;)

I know the perfect girl who could clean up that mess. :) I also know quite a few girls around here who are full of it. Ahem. :P

Speaking of baseball, my ?stros won their series against the Red Sox this weekend. It was sweet, especially with all the trouble we?ve been going through lately. You know, that whole player choking the GM thing was pretty rough.

Someone must have told Shawn he was headed back to Pittsburgh.

Your 'stros pulled ahead of my Bucs. What an exciting chase we are having! Sigh.

*I'm chatting with you, so that goes without saying.*

I guess I should have seen that one coming.

*Did you get your red dress yet, Rio? The sand is getting cold.*

It's on back order! But I will have it in a couple of weeks. Yays! There must be something about me and the color red right now. My new bike, which I ordered at the beginning of May is also on backorder. It makes me very sad, because I really want to ride it. It's red and white.

*Yeah, boy! That's Flave language.*

I know ?Flav language? all too well. He has some of the worst grammar I?ve ever heard. I really hate it when he says ?romantical?. Yeah, that one episode where he took one of the girls on a date to KFC was real romantical ? ugh!!!

*Ohh, I actually have heard of this show. It sounds like a train wreck, to be sure.*

That?s probably the best way to describe it.

*Another kid?! Geez, he's got so many as it is.*

He has 7 and he wants 10. He?s made that clear to every girl on the show.

*The only reality shows I have ever watched was some of the Real World and just a little of the Surreal World with Flav. That's all she wrote for me.*

I watched the first few seasons of *Real World* long ago and then lost interest in that one. I caught a little bit of him on *Surreal World* then I watched some of *Strange Love* which was a spinoff of that one with him and Brigitte Nielson. Then when *Flavor of Love* started, I got really hooked. It was just so crazy, it?s like a car wreck, you just can?t help but look at it.

*How in the world are you mesmerized by Flavor Flav? I hope you dream that Coop is about to take you in his arms and you wake up to see Flav.*

What a horrible nightmare that would be!!!! I?m not at all romantically mesmerized by him, it?s just that I can?t look away. Well, I should rephrase that, anytime he starts making out with one of the girls I do look away. I just don?t need to see that ? yuck!!!!

*You don't think it's cute and adorable for a girl to poop on the steps? I guess I'm old-fashioned.*

Well, there?s my good laugh for the day :). It was pretty early on in the season and there were still a lot of girls there and they were all lined up on the steps one night and she had to go and just couldn?t hold it so she just let it go. Then when they were walking back up the stairs to go to their rooms, somebody noticed it. That was by far the nastiest thing that ever happened on that show.

*I also know quite a few girls around here who are full of it. Ahem.*

I?m sure I don?t know who you?re talking about it. Everyone here is just full of sunshine and roses :x.

*Someone must have told Shawn he was headed back to Pittsburgh.*

It wasn?t quite that bad ;), just back to the bullpen.

*Your 'stros pulled ahead of my Bucs. What an exciting chase we are having! Sigh.*

I was happy to see we moved up to 4th place, 10 games back. Hey, it?s an improvement. We have won 3 series in a row so maybe things are looking up.

Oh my gosh, I love the color red!!!!! Your bike sounds neat, hopefully you?ll get it soon.

One of my friends is getting married in July and I needed a nice dress to wear and I found a real pretty red one but it seems inappropriate to wear red to a wedding so I passed. Even though when I was a bridesmaid at my stepsister?s wedding a few years ago, we had red dresses. It was around Christmas though so it looked nice. I went with a real cute navy one with off white polka dots instead. It?s real form fitting and looks like it was made for me. Maybe I?ll nab me a feller at the reception ;).

*One of my friends is getting married in July and I needed a nice dress to wear and I found a real pretty red one but it seems inappropriate to wear red to a wedding so I passed. Even though when I was a bridesmaid at my stepsister?s wedding a few years ago, we had red dresses. It was around Christmas though so it looked nice. I went with a real cute navy one with off white polka dots instead. It?s real form fitting and looks like it was made for me. Maybe I?ll nab me a feller at the reception .*

I'm really excited about the dress-it's a nice tarty red and it's a forties style cut, which is a style I really love. My best friend is getting married in Las Vegas in September, so it seems right. :)

*Oh my gosh, I love the color red!!!!! Your bike sounds neat, hopefully you?ll get it soon.*

I'm really excited about my bike-Raleigh makes these really cool retro looking bikes for not outrageous sums. Also I'm just getting a cruiser style, not a mountain bike so I think that brings down the cost. I can't wait-supposedly only another week or so.

*What I don't like about football are the feelings it produces inside of me. It is the one sport that makes me a manic-depressive. If the Cowboys lose a game, I become very irritable.*

I tend to be that way with any game in any sport where I have an emotional stake. Take last year's Super Bowl. I neither hate the Pats or love the Giants, but that Thrill of Victory for the latter made me almost drunk with joy. Why does this happen? It's only a game. When it is over why not just go about my business and forget about it. I don't think there's anything wrong with me, that's just the way sports can be. I was genuinely upset when the Chargers lost to the Pats two years ago, I mean bad. Remember the Pats were nowhere near last year's team. I felt bad but not so bad last year because the Chargers were pretty dinged up and they were "not supposed to win" that one anyway.

*I took the Cowboys' playoff loss rather well this past season. I have a feeling I won't take the next playoff loss as easily.*

Probably not. The Cowboys are favored, practically the team to beat, though they may have been that last year as well. But this year more so.

*I see that you are very much a purist. I'm a mix. I like interleague play but I prefer pitcher's duels. I enjoy the subtleties of baseball...*

I am a purist but it's not necessarily a knee-jerk reaction. Interleague play should give way to intra-Division play. It makes more sense to do that in determing the best team. Interleague play is just for the money. I'm not so blase about the influence of money on pro sports. No doubt it has hurt baseball. I'm not so naive about it but let's maintain a little respect for the game itself. Also, I don't think the fundamentals (or subtlies) are as part of the game as former times. A couple of sports talk hosts were talking about this. They said you can go to a young player today and ask him what he should do in a certain game situation. They don't know. Or say, a righthanded pull hitter is up and the infield swings to the left. But the pitcher then blithely pitches the hitter outside dangerously allowing the hitter to go to the right. That's the example they used. Is it that bad? I don't know. It's an anomaly to like a pitcher's duel, most "fans" are just the opposite. I like them too but I'm satisfied if home runs don't come so easy and more emphasis can be made moving runners, stealing bases, and other fundamentals.

*You are right, the NBA is no longer "elegant." It lacks grace and beauty.*

You've said in two sentences what took me a paragraph of sloppy examples. Next time I talk NBA with anyone, I'm gonna say it your way.

*The result is a slower-paced game, full of half-court possessions that use up most of the 24-second shot clock.*

Which probably also helps explain the reason for low-scoring games. One would think that the 3-point rule would result in higher scoring. But that's probably a fallacy. Three-point shots are relatively low percentage, resulting therefore in a no-score possession.

*The overtime game you probably speak of is Pens and Flyers from the 2000 playoffs. It went into the 5th overtime.*

That didn't sound quite right so I dug out those games that I recorded. Turn out to be the Penquins-Capitals in '96. Medved scored a goal in the final minute of the fourth overtime (How in the world did I come up with 8???) At the time, it WAS the third longest game in NHL history but apparently superseded by the game you refer to.

*The Stars and Sharks went into a 4th overtime in this year's playoffs. It was a fantastic game.*

Really sorry I missed it. I love stuff like that. In the '96 game I was less involved with who won. I wanted the game to go forever. I was keenly disappointed when Medved scored that goal at 19:15 of 4th OT, a power-play goal. I wanted to go #5! A bit of trivia: the announcer said in that game the very first penalty shot awarded in an overtime playoff game took place in the second OT. Didn't make it, obviously.

*I'm not sure if the Chargers can get by the Patriots. The Colts, yes.*

Really? I'm not so sure. Manning is too good.

*I'll discuss sports with you any time. I have no idea why you feel you're such a downer.*

No, not generally a "downer." I was referring to that first long sports post I did where I came across a little cranky and negative.

*I had been overboard forever. I just hit a serious wall. I feel weird ( ) because I'm not the person I've always known. I'm outside.*

Lance Allworth in an interview recently said he clouds up mentally when he thinks of his glory years in the NFL. He said he had no idea who he was. Not that uncommon really. Looking back is wierd. Not to simplistically characterize what you're going through, it's a very personal.

*But I'm now used to being locked out in the cold by Butterscotch. I guess she feels I have more freezing off to do.*

Oh, that Butterscotch will soften up let you back in, I betcha! ;)

*Women*

Yep

And as end note, as you are a rapper enthusiast and a erstwhile basketball fan, I must have your take on Shaq's recent opus on the merits of Monsieur Kobe.

:)

Hola, Minya -- Did you get your red dress yet, Rio? The sand is getting cold.

It's on back order! But I will have it in a couple of weeks. Yays! There must be something about me and the color red right now. My new bike, which I ordered at the beginning of May is also on backorder. It makes me very sad, because I really want to ride it. It's red and white.

So are you going to ride your brand new red bike with your brand new red dress on? You could spin some heads while spinnin' your wheels. ;)

I'm really excited about the dress-it's a nice tarty red and it's a forties style cut, which is a style I really love. My best friend is getting married in Las Vegas in September, so it seems right. :)

"Nice tarty red"? So is tarty nice? :)

A good day to you, Sugar B -- Yeah, boy! That's Flave language.

I know ?Flav language? all too well. He has some of the worst grammar I?ve ever heard. I really hate it when he says ?romantical?. Yeah, that one episode where he took one of the girls on a date to KFC was real romantical ? ugh!!!

KFC equals TLC, Miss Romantical. You must be out of practice. :P

Another kid?! Geez, he's got so many as it is.

He has 7 and he wants 10. He?s made that clear to every girl on the show.

Ohhhh, Minyaaaaaaaa. Flav is calling out to you.

How in the world are you mesmerized by Flavor Flav? I hope you dream that Coop is about to take you in his arms and you wake up to see Flav.

What a horrible nightmare that would be!!!! I?m not at all romantically mesmerized by him, it?s just that I can?t look away. Well, I should rephrase that, anytime he starts making out with one of the girls I do look away. I just don?t need to see that ? yuck!!!!

Gutter girls look away? I'm not sure about that one. :P

I also know quite a few girls around here who are full of it. Ahem.

I?m sure I don?t know who you?re talking about it. Everyone here is just full of sunshine and roses :x .

Awwwwwwwww! That's so lovely of you to say about me.

Someone must have told Shawn he was headed back to Pittsburgh.

It wasn?t quite that bad ;) , just back to the bullpen.

Now that made me laugh!

A fine morn to you, Swashy -- I tend to be that way with any game in any sport where I have an emotional stake. Take last year's Super Bowl. I neither hate the Pats or love the Giants, but that Thrill of Victory for the latter made me almost drunk with joy.

I was rooting against the Giants, so I was a little angry when they upset the Pats.

Why does this happen? It's only a game. When it is over why not just go about my business and forget about it. I don't think there's anything wrong with me, that's just the way sports can be. I was genuinely upset when the Chargers lost to the Pats two years ago, I mean bad. Remember the Pats were nowhere near last year's team. I felt bad but not so bad last year because the Chargers were pretty dinged up and they were "not supposed to win" that one anyway.

I love the joy that accompanies winning in football but I'm someone who hates being angry. Cowboy losses make me angry. I sometimes need a good hour to cool off. It used to be much longer.

I'm not a taunter or someone who rubs things in because I know that's going to anger others. That doesn't stop others from doing it to me, though. If pushed hard enough, I'll fire back pretty good.

But when you choose to go against the grain, you are open to more abuse. That's just how the story goes, G. Sorry, I'm in Flavor Flav mode.

I took the Cowboys' playoff loss rather well this past season. I have a feeling I won't take the next playoff loss as easily.

Probably not. The Cowboys are favored, practically the team to beat, though they may have been that last year as well. But this year more so.

I thought the Cowboys were the team to beat in the NFC playoffs last year, but I felt the Packers and Giants could beat them. The Giants did. I believe the Cowboys will benefit from the loss.

I am a purist but it's not necessarily a knee-jerk reaction. Interleague play should give way to intra-Division play. It makes more sense to do that in determing the best team. Interleague play is just for the money.

Your points about determining the best team and "just for the money" are correct. I just enjoy watching the big rivalries clashing during the season and seeing the odd match-ups. Interleague will gradually lose its appeal.

I'm not so blase about the influence of money on pro sports. No doubt it has hurt baseball. I'm not so naive about it but let's maintain a little respect for the game itself.

What I have learned over time is that people look to blame something for their choosing not to watch a sport. Instead of just saying, "I just don't feel like watching anymore," they will look for what they feel others will believe to be "valid" reasons. Whenever I hear someone say, "the athletes get paid too much, so I don't watch," I smirk. If it wasn't one thing, it would be another.

Also, I don't think the fundamentals (or subtlies) are as part of the game as former times. A couple of sports talk hosts were talking about this. They said you can go to a young player today and ask him what he should do in a certain game situation. They don't know. Or say, a righthanded pull hitter is up and the infield swings to the left. But the pitcher then blithely pitches the hitter outside dangerously allowing the hitter to go to the right. That's the example they used. Is it that bad? I don't know.

I believe the trade-off has been some fundamentals for more athleticism. When I go back and watch the games of the 80s, I'm amazed at just how slow and unathletic the game was then. This goes for all of the sports. Today's games play faster and feature more energy and explosiveness. It's easier to control a less explosive game than one with great explosion. The more control you lose, the more mistakes you make.

Baseball, more than any other sport, is viewed with a nostalgic eye. You will hear more often than not, "back in the good ol' days." I believe this is because baseball, more than any other sport, can be relived through statistics.

It's an anomaly to like a pitcher's duel, most "fans" are just the opposite. I like them too but I'm satisfied if home runs don't come so easy and more emphasis can be made moving runners, stealing bases, and other fundamentals.

Baseball is definitely a "thinking man's" game. It's a game of patience and strategy. One can appreciate the subtleties of the game if they are patient. But we are an impatient society. It's all about now and more... with just about everything good in life.

You are right, the NBA is no longer "elegant." It lacks grace and beauty.

You've said in two sentences what took me a paragraph of sloppy examples. Next time I talk NBA with anyone, I'm gonna say it your way.

Thanks for the kind words. I do believe the NBA is the league that needs to find a way to better its product. It clearly has lost what it once had.

The result is a slower-paced game, full of half-court possessions that use up most of the 24-second shot clock.

Which probably also helps explain the reason for low-scoring games. One would think that the 3-point rule would result in higher scoring. But that's probably a fallacy. Three-point shots are relatively low percentage, resulting therefore in a no-score possession.

You said it. All or nothing. Too many players settle for the 3-point shot.

The overtime game you probably speak of is Pens and Flyers from the 2000 playoffs. It went into the 5th overtime.

That didn't sound quite right so I dug out those games that I recorded. Turn out to be the Penquins-Capitals in '96. Medved scored a goal in the final minute of the fourth overtime (How in the world did I come up with 8???) At the time, it WAS the third longest game in NHL history but apparently superseded by the game you refer to.

I was thinking it may be the Pens and Caps since it was closer to the Kings' Cup run. I saw that game, as well.

I'm not sure if the Chargers can get by the Patriots. The Colts, yes.

Really? I'm not so sure. Manning is too good.

Manning's supporting cast is weaker. The Colts will still be very good, but I think the Bolts could beat them. How hungry are the Colts?

I'll discuss sports with you any time. I have no idea why you feel you're such a downer.

No, not generally a "downer." I was referring to that first long sports post I did where I came across a little cranky and negative.

"Cranky and negative" is something I'm used to with sports and film. "Nothing is as good as it once was" is the most popular of refrains. It's an overplayed tune that does strike a chord of truth more often than not.

I had been overboard forever. I just hit a serious wall. I feel weird ( ) because I'm not the person I've always known. I'm outside.

Lance Allworth in an interview recently said he clouds up mentally when he thinks of his glory years in the NFL. He said he had no idea who he was. Not that uncommon really. Looking back is wierd. Not to simplistically characterize what you're going through, it's a very personal.

Alworth's words are interesting. Sometimes we look back and think, "is that really me?" I'm still very much my self in terms of personality, it's just that my passions are shifting. It may be temporary. I'm just not sure. I think that's the bottom line: unsure.

But I'm now used to being locked out in the cold by Butterscotch. I guess she feels I have more freezing off to do.

Oh, that Butterscotch will soften up let you back in, I betcha!

Ohh, she lets me back in (to her regret), only to shove me right back out. Women.

And as end note, as you are a rapper enthusiast and a erstwhile basketball fan, I must have your take on Shaq's recent opus on the merits of Monsieur Kobe.

"Opus"? Now that got a big laugh out of me. I believe Shaq wishes for Kobe to kiss his opus.

I thought Shaq's honest release told you a lot about himself. He's much more insecure than I ever would have thought. He doesn't need to worry about Kobe yet he does. The hate between the two runs deep, but I find it pathetic that Shaq feels the need to ridicule Kobe to make himself the "big" man. He's lookin' mighty small right now.