Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

The Annual FrankGrimes Torture Thread

Were you Virginia Grey in your Gable dream?

If I wasn't I certainly developed a COMPLETE empathy for her situation. :P

Can you share one of your nightmares if you wouldn't mind?

I've forgotten them but I will try to remember the next one and post it here.

But I don't have five big ones, do you do lay-away? :)

One thing most of my nightmares have in common is they frequently take place

in the house I grew up (an old Victorian). Doesn't matter who's in it or if it's

taking place in the present day, it's always in that house. Weird.

thats still clark gable in your dream though dahlink! i havent had one with him in it...yet. who knows with my weird dreams. i have more nightmares than dreams too oddly enough. i have this one recurring nightmare where i am being chased by a cerial killer and i can never see his face. he is always in the shadows or under a large cloak, and wherever i go, he turns up wanting to stab me, or shoot me, or strangle me. its scary! most of the time (not all the time) right when im caught and about to be killed, gary shows up and catches the bad guy and always ALWAYS right before he kisses me, i have to wake up! honestly! i think only in one of those, i had the chance to kiss him. sometimes i wake up in the middle of the dream when im caught, but gary doesnt show up.. how disappointing for me!

> {quote:title=JackFavell wrote:}{quote}

> Was it a nice old Victorian, or one of those Amityville Victorians? We have one of the creepy variety up the street from here....

It was nice, but always something needed repairing! Talk about never ending fixer-upper.

It's now a bed and breakfast. I haven't been back since that change took place, though I'm

sure the present owners have it fixed up far better than we ever could afford to.

have this one recurring nightmare where i am being chased by a cerial killer and i can never see his face. he is always in the shadows or under a large cloak, and wherever i go, he turns up wanting to stab me, or shoot me, or strangle me.

You dream about FrankGrimes??? :D

I have those "killer" dreams too, frequently, but there's is never anyone remotely like Gary around to help.

*You dream about FrankGrimes???*

you know, it possibly might very well be mr, frankie! oh my goodness! he's the serial killer in nightmares! he is never to be trusted again! heehee!

*I have those "killer" dreams too, frequently, but there's is never anyone remotely like Gary around to help*

oh my goodness, you have those too?! i had those nightmares when i was really little too, but gary wsnt in them yet to save me, so i ended up gettting really hurt in some and then in more i actually got to beat the bad guy and whip him into shape, but only rarely did i ever win those without gary in them. they are just too weird though b/c it is always the same guy!

is there ever anyone to help you in your bad dreams? ro do you kick the bad guy's butt too? heehee!

is there ever anyone to help you in your bad dreams? ro do you kick the bad guy's butt too? heehee!

I'm afraid men are just as lacking in chivalry in my dreams as they are out of them, and I

am just as a big a coward. ;)

*I think I can analyze your dream, but you have to pay me $500.00 first, lol.*

Okay, I'll pay you the $500 and then you can pay it right back and I'll share my "good" Gary dreams with you. Of course I'll also have to check your id to make sure you're over 18 ;).

*When I say your dream is "beautiful", I meant that Gary was so handsome*

I can't argue with that :). He's always in color too even if I dream about him as a character from one of his b+w movies. In the majority of my dreams, he looks like Will Kane from *High Noon* :x.

Thankfully I don't have nightmares very often, but when I do they are doozies! The last one I remember, this guy kidnapped me and he kept threatening to slit my throat. This went on for a few days where he was basically just psychologically torturing me, then he just let me go and I ran off.

I had a dream about Clark Gable a while back too. My ex-boyfriend was a director (he's really a teacher so that's weird) and he was filming a movie around where I lived and he called me and asked me if I wanted to be an extra and of course I said yes (in real life we're still friends too). It was set during the late 30s/early 40s and I got this cute little cocktail dress and for my scenes I was just supposed to sit in like a cocktail lounge with a bunch of other people. Well, all the other people were giving me the cold shoulder b/c they had to audition for their parts and I got the job b/c I was friends with the director. So I was just sitting at one of the tables off by myself inbetween shots and then Clark Gable and Claudette Colbert, who were starring in the movie, walked over to me and sat down. It was like I already knew them and we were just talking and everybody else was so jealous. I could tell some of them wanted me to introduce them but I didn't b/c they had been rude to me before. It was pretty cool. I had recently watched *It Happened One Night* so I bet that's why those two popped up.

Theresa: *at least your peanut dream dream didnt consist of MY melody!*

Okay we're even. I dreamed about Melody Jones and you dreamed about Will Kane. Now you better leave my Will alone :P.

Good Evening, My Little Lightning Bolt -- No, my Chinese restaurant and outer space dreams are rather pleasant; the old clock women are the nightmares.

Tell me when the old clock women show up in a Chinese restaurant in outer space. Do you have any leftover spaghetti?

My wild Irish landlady (her name is Ashling; I think it means "blessing" In Gaelic) and I bonded so well that we were finishing each other's sentences. I expect an e-mail from her in a day or two. Can't wait to meet Fergal.

That's beautiful, Barb. And it does not surprise me in the least. Your personality is quite inviting and very attractive. I love the name "Ashling."

Mom is doing well (she's extremely pro-active about her health, but I worry anyway) and always has a positive outlook on life. Thanks much for your concern, Scott.

You and your mom do share a wonderful zeal for life. It's very fetching.

She has nerves of steel: she didn't think THE SPIRAL STAIRCASE was scary at all.

She's a tough gal. I don't see her getting caught up in horror movies. When I told you that many girls seem to focus in on the strangest things, I believe your mom is a prime example of this. I'm always humored by what you tell us she notices.

Oh, I know sports, look: Tinker to Evers to Chance. That's about it.

I surely know it. Sports talk would be torture to you. You are not the only dame who shows up around here to think of sports talk as torture.

And it figures you would have to send me to a sports musical. TORTURE!

I have never heard of a girl having a crush on Moe from the Three Stooges. That is priceless. You're quite a lass, Bronxie!

Welcome Back, Jackie -- pant....pant ..... pant....I've just finished reading the 14 PAGES you guys posted since I left on a mini-vacation six days ago.... pant.... pant.... pant, and I feel like I just climbed up about 400 flights of stairs to get here........aaahgh 'scuse me while I pass out from reading......gurgle......

:D You actually went through all that foolishness?

Very interesting discussion of sports- By the way, I like tea AND Baseball.

Very good!

You make me realize why I don't like basketball anymore. You are right, the grace has gone out of it.....I remember how exciting it used to be. Now I can only watch the last 2 minutes of a game. It's just no fun to watch. Sad. But you are right about individual athleticism being higher.

The NBA used to be poetry in motion, but it lacks such a flow today. It's jagged. There are players and even some teams that are still rather beautiful to watch, but it's less than before.

This will sound bad, but maybe Gehrig is lucky to have gone out when he did. He is revered because he left too soon rather than too late. He went out gracefully and on top. It doesn't happen as much any more, but I'm sure you can all think of players who just sort of petered out, or disappeared when they aged. Or worse, they played injured or in bad physical shape and blew a play that they will forever be remembered for.....In other words, I think I would rather be a James Dean than a Marlon Brando, ending quickly rather than having to listen to people discuss how fat you have gotten.

That's a very good point.

Baseball almost lost me when they created more divisions, ensuring a longer season of play. I may be a bit of an old codger here, but I didn't like the whole feel of the game after that. It's taken me awhile to adjust.

I liked the older divisional format myself, but for selfish reasons. I feel the Pirates are stuck in a division that is not conducive to rivalries. I grew up with the Bucs-Phils rivalry and that is now long gone. But I suppose a team must win before they are to gain a rivalry. If the Bucs were competing for the division title every season, new rivalries would blossom. Speaking of dreams.

I feel the same about the Olympics- Now that it's every two years, the specialness has gone out of it.

I actually like two years between the Summer and Winter Games. I felt it was too much to have both in the same year.

But then again, I also thought it was special when The Grinch came on only at Christmas. With technology what it is now, you can watch The Grinch every day of the bleeping year, if you want to.....but it isn't as special anymore....That doesn't mean I don't like being able to see old movies any time I want to!

Now this is something I do relate to, although I will watch The Grinch out of season sometimes.

I want a boyfriend named Fergal....

I'm sure your husband will get you that for Christmas this year. :)

I have dreams about John Barrymore and Leslie Howard.

And... :D

Hola, Miss Back Seat of a Limo -- I usually have nightmares or just plain weird dreams that I purposely try to forget.

How ironic, since that's how I feel about our encounters on this board. Frightening!

have this one recurring nightmare where i am being chased by a cerial killer and i can never see his face. he is always in the shadows or under a large cloak, and wherever i go, he turns up wanting to stab me, or shoot me, or strangle me.

You dream about FrankGrimes???

That would certainly qualify as a nightmare.

Hiya, Nightmare on Butterscotch Street -- You dream about FrankGrimes???

you know, it possibly might very well be mr, frankie! oh my goodness! he's the serial killer in nightmares! he is never to be trusted again! heehee!

All your nightmares are due to watching those horrifying Greer and Coop movies. I suggest you not watch them anymore.

And you know darn well I'm not the one in your dreams since you dream of dances and weddings. I won't go near those.

I'm afraid men are just as lacking in chivalry in my dreams as they are out of them, and I

am just as a big a coward.

you are not a coward dahlink! you will triumph! never give up, never surrender! heehee!

Her give up and surrender? Ha!

Bonjour Monsieur Frank

*I'm not a taunter or someone who rubs things in because I know that's going to anger others. That doesn't stop others from doing it to me, though. If pushed hard enough, I'll fire back pretty good.*

*But when you choose to go against the grain, you are open to more abuse. That's just how the story goes, G. Sorry, I'm in Flavor Flav mode.*

Not sure, Frank, to what this refers. I hope I didn't say anything to you that came across as taunting. You were answering comments of mine why sports fans (including me) takes sports so seriously. We're passionate about our teams to be sure but in the end it seems we (I) should be able to hold the losing at a distance, for what in the end does sports have to do with our personal lives. It's a sort of phenomenen. I'm not necessarily alluding to your anger when the Cowboys lose, I'm referring mostly to myself, i.e, why do I experience such keen disappointment what I like to call (Thank you, Jim McKay) The Agony of Defeat, when in the end it's just a damn sport. And I say this with the idea that is probably true with most really avid sports fans. I wish I could just get angry for an hour. I tend to get despondent and for a lot longer than that. It seems ridiculous, almost laughable even why I can't get a perspective about this. Did you see Fever Pitch? I haven't but I think it's something about this. (I may not have communicated this correctly in my previous post.) What is Flavor Flav mode? I have no idea. I'm not to with it sometimes. ;)

*What I have learned over time is that people look to blame something for their choosing not to watch a sport. Instead of just saying, "I just don't feel like watching anymore," they will look for what they feel others will believe to be "valid" reasons. Whenever I hear someone say, "the athletes get paid too much, so I don't watch," I smirk. If it wasn't one thing, it would be another.*

If I said "I just don't feel like watching any more," I would be lying. But on the other hand, I was never the one who cared about player salaries. When the world ended for baseball with the 1994 strike I was inconvenienced. I thought to simply wait it out. I was naive because I thought everything would be the same. You know the rest. Losing interest in baseball was not a snap decision, rather a process that I only slowly realized as the years passed following the strike.

--

*believe the trade-off has been some fundamentals for more athleticism. When I go back and watch the games of the 80s, I'm amazed at just how slow and unathletic the game was then. This goes for all of the sports. Today's games play faster and feature more energy and explosiveness. It's easier to control a less explosive game than one with great explosion. The more control you lose, the more mistakes you make.*

Are you talking about baseball here, Frank? I loved the game in the 80s. It was as good for me in the 80s than when I was a kid. I admit I don't get that about trading off athleticism for fundamentals. Did that happen in baseball? Or basketball? Why was a trade-off necessary.

*Baseball, more than any other sport, is viewed with a nostalgic eye. You will hear more often than not, "back in the good ol' days." I believe this is because baseball, more than any other sport, can be relived through statistics.*

But this reliving is compromised now. IMO, they should put a big fat asterisks on all baseball stats beginning with 1994 and to continue to when and if baseball ever gets cleaned up. Seventy-three home runs in one season is obscene (to cite an example). Pitchers with 4.50 ERA's flourish and get mega contracts. Prior to the strike an ERA like that and you're down in the minors. You're right, baseball fans love stats.

See, Frank. I told you I was cranky ;)

--

*thought Shaq's honest release told you a lot about himself. He's much more insecure than I ever would have thought. He doesn't need to worry about Kobe yet he does. The hate between the two runs deep, but I find it pathetic that Shaq feels the need to ridicule Kobe to make himself the "big" man. He's lookin' mighty small right now*

I doubt he looks that small because it's 2008 when in-your-face contentiousness and vulgarity (if you will) is so in vogue. But I agree with you. I didn't like it much and I don't really have a feeling for either. I heard the clip on sportstalk and the sports host (Sedano on FSR, not one of my favorites) thought it was just hilarious and he almost had me changing my mind. But I agree with you I think it's kind of classless. But the way things are today I'm betting Kobe doesn't even care.

--

Bonjour Jack Favel

*Baseball almost lost me when they created more divisions, ensuring a longer season of play. I may be a bit of an old codger here, but I didn't like the whole feel of the game after that. It's taken me awhile to adjust.*

Agreed. I still can't used to the idea that "Division" and especially "playoffs" are even in the baseball lexicon. Still doesn't sound right. Was it the playoff system that increased the season from 154 to 162...or did it happen before? Tryint to remember.

--

To answer your question Barbara, "In Extremo" is a German band but all their songs include bagpipes and similar instruments. Glad your mom is doing well!

Mr. Grimes, you're asking for shock therapy by mentioning the words pink, hearts and hugs in the same sentence. I'm cringing at the moment just having to mention it. AHHHHHH

I used to dream that the Frankenstein monster was in my parent's bedroom and started chasing me from that room all over my childhood house.

I then open a window a little bit and jump out, but always start flying.

Then I land on the Empire State Building and take up residence at the top (where Kong gently put Fay as the planes were coming at him) It's always night but the city is lit up and so is the building. I picnic there and relax, even though it's dark.

My father died of a heart attack in our home, and many years after that I would dream I was home alone in the house and I knew my dad was dead, sitting in a chair in our living room, but I was never sure if he'd wake up and start walking around like the living dead. I'd be panic stricken and try to open the front door, frantically trying the locks. Then I'd wake up.

I also still dream of being in an elevator that moves sideways, not up and down. This elevator becomes like a tram in my dreams. Sometimes I'm the only one in it, othertimes there is a crowd.

Am I ever over 18.

I'm 19.

(in MY dreams)

Gee, everybody dreams about Clark Gable; I never had a dream about him (or Claudette)

Okay, a shell is our outer self, the part we expose to the world, in which we seek approval and validation. It is not our deepest core, however. (that's the peanut itself)

In your dream Gary always seems to have his back to you, and is disapproving or angry. You try to make him like you, but without much success.

Gary represents the parent (father OR mother) who you are not closest to, but yearn to be, even if they have passed on.

Message was edited by: Bronxgirl48

Thanks, metsie! (Mom thanks you too for your interest)

And I will ask my new Irish friend about In Extremo; I have a feeling she's very familiar with them.

Message was edited by: Bronxgirl48

Me with leftover food?

You must be joking.

To this day I don't know what it was that attracted me to Moe.

He had that stupid hairdo. He had a perpetual scowl. He wasn't physically attractive. He was violent and mean to his buddies.

But in my dreams, he was very caring and concerned, and would come to my resue.

I actually love sports talk. I used to watch "Wide World of Sports" on Saturday afternoon back in the Bronx. It was very relaxing somehow.

Also, I had a cousin who adored baseball and he'd have that on in the background when I'd come to visit, and again, I found it very soothing.

There's something about American men enjoying American sports that's very comforting and appealing to me. (primarily baseball and basketball; football makes me very uneasy)

What, you don't enjoy "O'Brien To Ryan To Goldberg"??

What kind of patriot are you? LOL

Hi Lady B!

I'm sorry to hear that about your father, that must have been difficult. I haven't yet had

to cope with the death of anyone really close.

Most of you have vivid memories of your dreams, I don't (mercifully). I also don't have

very vivid memories of my past, period. I tend to block many things out. There was a

time I was going to make every effort to write my dreams down, but not being a morning

person that failed almost as soon as it started! :D

Our house wasn't quite as dilapidated as Mr Hobbs', but almost. And it did not

have so splendid a location (on a beach). We were on a street corner. But that is

not where the house was built. Our house was built across town and a previous owner

many years before we bought it had it moved. We used to have pictures they took

of the process. Imagine moving a three story house across town??? I was fascinated

by the pictures.

It was at night time a good "spooky" house for sleepovers. Lots of creeking, an attic

with cobwebs (not much else) and since the house sat on oak posts there was this

whole underpart of the house you could crawl about if you dared. I never dared, Our

cats used to love it as a place to hide.

Heya, Doctor J -- Mr. Grimes, you're asking for shock therapy by mentioning the words pink, hearts and hugs in the same sentence. I'm cringing at the moment just having to mention it. AHHHHHH

You didn't say anything about kisses. So that's what you wish for. Now where did I put my pink loving hearts shade of Coop lipstick? XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX! :P

Bonjour, mon boucanier ami -- I'm not a taunter or someone who rubs things in because I know that's going to anger others. That doesn't stop others from doing it to me, though. If pushed hard enough, I'll fire back pretty good.

But when you choose to go against the grain, you are open to more abuse. That's just how the story goes, G. Sorry, I'm in Flavor Flav mode.

Not sure, Frank, to what this refers. I hope I didn't say anything to you that came across as taunting. You were answering comments of mine why sports fans (including me) takes sports so seriously.

Ohh, no, no, no. You were not taunting me. I was just mentioning that with sports comes taunting and this also brings out the anger in me, which is the desired effect of taunting. I was then mentioning how I'm a Cowboys fan in Eagles/Steelers country, so the taunts are to be expected and I understand this fully. One cannot go against the grain and then expect acceptance.

We're passionate about our teams to be sure but in the end it seems we (I) should be able to hold the losing at a distance, for what in the end does sports have to do with our personal lives. It's a sort of phenomenen. I'm not necessarily alluding to your anger when the Cowboys lose, I'm referring mostly to myself, i.e, why do I experience such keen disappointment what I like to call (Thank you, Jim McKay) The Agony of Defeat, when in the end it's just a damn sport. And I say this with the idea that is probably true with most really avid sports fans. I wish I could just get angry for an hour. I tend to get despondent and for a lot longer than that. It seems ridiculous, almost laughable even why I can't get a perspective about this.

Most everyone who is not a sick sports fan says, "it's just a game!" They are right. When all is said and done, it's just a game. But it's just a movie, it's just a song, it's just a TV show, it's just a book, it's just a "fill in the blank." We all get wrapped up in things that really mean nothing in the big picture but they mean a lot in the small.

I have really learned to handle sports much better now. At Thanksgiving, I will sometimes end up playing with my cousin's kids just as much as watching the Cowboys game. I'm always wanting to know the score, but I can handle not seeing every play. The kids are more important now. Plus, I tape the game. I have told my brother that I actually would not watch the Cowboys in the Super Bowl to be with the one I love. Again, I'd have to tape the game, though. So, yes, I have certainly mellowed.

The worst feeling I ever had after a loss was when the Pirates lost Game 7 to the Braves in the '92 NLCS thanks to F'n Francisco Cabrera. I laid on the floor, in the dark, for a good hour. I was sad, not angry. I was in shock.

I actually get more upset now if the teams I dislike win. Now that's a really pathetic statement.

Did you see Fever Pitch? I haven't but I think it's something about this. (I may not have communicated this correctly in my previous post.)

No, I have not seen Fever Pitch.

What is Flavor Flav mode? I have no idea. I'm not to with it sometimes.

Flavor Flav is a member of the rap group Public Enemy and Coop's Girl was talking about his reality television show, Flavor of Love. I wrote words to her above the words I wrote to you in the same post. The line I wrote to you is a lyric by Flav.

If I said "I just don't feel like watching any more," I would be lying. But on the other hand, I was never the one who cared about player salaries. When the world ended for baseball with the 1994 strike I was inconvenienced. I thought to simply wait it out. I was naive because I thought everything would be the same. You know the rest. Losing interest in baseball was not a snap decision, rather a process that I only slowly realized as the years passed following the strike.

Now that is a terrific explanation. It's all real to me.

I have had men in their 50s and 60s tell me on numerous occasions, I don't watch or follow baseball anymore because of the strike. The truth is, their passion for the game had lessened before the strike. Was the strike the final straw? Maybe so. It also gives them a box to stand on.

One of my favorite sports excuses is, "I don't watch hockey because of the fights." Well, if the NHL eliminated fighting from the game today, those same people would still not watch hockey.

We all seem to have our trumped-up reasons for why we don't do things or like things. Some become universal excuses for all to use. The strike and fights are two universal excuses. And I know excuses! Just ask Miss G. :P:P

Sometimes the truth is that we have moved on; we have found other interests. But, for some strange reason, we can never just leave it at that. We have to find something that validates our leaving.

I believe the trade-off has been some fundamentals for more athleticism. When I go back and watch the games of the 80s, I'm amazed at just how slow and unathletic the game was then. This goes for all of the sports. Today's games play faster and feature more energy and explosiveness. It's easier to control a less explosive game than one with great explosion. The more control you lose, the more mistakes you make.

Are you talking about baseball here, Frank?

Yes, I was talking about baseball, although all sports have experienced such trade-offs.

I loved the game in the 80s. It was as good for me in the 80s than when I was a kid.

I loved the game in the 80s, too. But whenever I watch Classic Sports, I'm blown away by how much slower, less athletic, and less explosive the game was then. The line-ups featured less threats than they do today.

I admit I don't get that about trading off athleticism for fundamentals. Did that happen in baseball? Or basketball? Why was a trade-off necessary.

It's not that the trade-off was necessary or asked for, it's just the evolution of the athlete.

What I was attempting to say about the trade-off of less fundamentals for more athleticism has to do with speed and explosiveness. The more explosive something is, the harder it is to control. Fundamentals are mostly about practice and repetition, but they are also about control. The faster a player throws, runs, and swings, the more difficult it is for him to control. More mistakes will be made this way. When it comes to things like getting a bunt down, hitting behind the runner, etc., those are primarily practiced skills, but it also takes control of one's talent.

Baseball, more than any other sport, is viewed with a nostalgic eye. You will hear more often than not, "back in the good ol' days." I believe this is because baseball, more than any other sport, can be relived through statistics.

But this reliving is compromised now. IMO, they should put a big fat asterisks on all baseball stats beginning with 1994 and to continue to when and if baseball ever gets cleaned up. Seventy-three home runs in one season is obscene (to cite an example). Pitchers with 4.50 ERA's flourish and get mega contracts. Prior to the strike an ERA like that and you're down in the minors. You're right, baseball fans love stats.

Baseball has had many different "compromised" statistical eras and I believe we are smart enough to decipher them without asterisks. Ted Williams and other players lost years off their careers to serve in World War II. It's up to us to factor this in. The late-60s saw the raised pitcher's mound and dominant pitcher's stats. It's up to us to factor this in. The early 1900s witnessed the "Dead-Ball Era" and the 1930 season featured the "juiced" ball. It's up to us to factor this in. There's the game before the color barrier and after, the game before the DH and after, the game before free agency and after. All to be factored in. The rules, the parks, and the equipment have all gone through changes. All to be factored in. There are movies before the Code, during the Code, and after the Code. Ohh, well, you get the idea.

I believe many who look to use the asterisk are less concerned about the integrity of the game and more interested in brandishing those they deem guilty. I don't believe you are doing this, though.

I must also say that if today's batter stats are to be looked upon with a very discerning eye, and I believe they must be, the opposite must be done for pitchers. Pitchers like Randy Johnson, Greg Maddux, and Pedro Martinez should be considered the greatest pitchers who ever graced the mound to have dominated in such an era. I also believe this must be.

See, Frank. I told you I was cranky.

I don't see you as that. Saying what you like and don't like doesn't make you cranky.

I thought Shaq's honest release told you a lot about himself. He's much more insecure than I ever would have thought. He doesn't need to worry about Kobe yet he does. The hate between the two runs deep, but I find it pathetic that Shaq feels the need to ridicule Kobe to make himself the "big" man. He's lookin' mighty small right now

I doubt he looks that small because it's 2008 when in-your-face contentiousness and vulgarity (if you will) is so in vogue. But I agree with you. I didn't like it much and I don't really have a feeling for either. I heard the clip on sportstalk and the sports host (Sedano on FSR, not one of my favorites) thought it was just hilarious and he almost had me changing my mind. But I agree with you I think it's kind of classless. But the way things are today I'm betting Kobe doesn't even care.

Kobe should be angry. I know I would be. However, to dignify Shaq would be to magnify him. It's best to leave him small. I believe most everyone thought more highly of Shaq than Kobe prior to Shaq's outburst. Now the door is open for Kobe to change the thinking of some and maybe many. The ball is now in his court.

I once had one of those dreams where you wake up (and it seems like your really awake), and I went to the kitchen for a drink of water. When I turned the corner there was a man with a mask on, and he stabbed me with a kitchen knife. so I picked up another knife and stabbed him thirteen times. Then I woke up for real, and I was too scared to get out of bed.... It was terrible, but I guess I kicked his butt...

I have also dreamt about stealing a police car to get away from zombies.The only way to tell if a person was a zombie or not is if they would drink alcohol....so we carried around a champagne bottle. Finally there were only two of us left who weren't zombies so I stole a police car (a la Harold and Maude) and drove to a hot air balloon launch. I then stole the hot air balloon and flew away....My dreams are action-packed....

I have always wanted to fly in my dreams (without the use of balloons), but I never have. I had a friend in college who flew in all her dreams, but only two feet off the ground, and standing straight up....

Frank said:

"The worst feeling I ever had after a loss was when the Pirates lost Game 7 to the Braves in the '92 NLCS thanks to F'n Francisco Cabrera. I laid on the floor, in the dark, for a good hour. I was sad, not angry. I was in shock." end.

You should have been a Baltimore Colts fan when they lost to the Jets. 1969 wasn't good to us. The Orioles lost to the Mets. The Bullets lost to the Knicks. The Colts was the worst though. The town was despondent.

Thank you, Goddess; yes, we woke up one morning on a cold February day and my mother noticed my father wasn't breathing, but turning blue.

When the ambulence came, it was too late He was 49 years old. Heart attack.

I envy you growing up first of all in a house; we lived in an apartment (but it overlooked a lovely little park) I'll bet Halloween was really fun for you.

How many kitties did you have?

Your father was so young! I am sorry about that, truly. Life is unmistakably fragile.

As for fun well there wasn't too much fun on any holidays or any days in general,

but there were moments.

Oh we had cats ever since I was a baby, there must have 30 or 40 throughout the

years until I was about 16. Not at one time, of course. ;) I think at the most we

had six at one time, and that was after four babies were born (3 were given away

which broke my heart, but we kept the littlest).

*Okay, a shell is our outer self, the part we expose to the world, in which we seek approval and validation. It is not our deepest core, however. (that's the peanut itself)*

*In your dream Gary always seems to have his back to you, and is disapproving or angry. You try to make him like you, but without much success.*

*Gary represents the parent (father OR mother) who you are not closest to, but yearn to be, even if they have passed on.*

Your analysis was cracking me up! It?s funny b/c those two are the only dreams I?ve ever had where he seemed mad at me or ignored me, thankfully ;). Usually he?s very sweet to me and we?re either friends or a couple; most often we?re a couple :x. I even managed to steal him away from his wife in one dream. He?s nearly always at least 40 years old or older. I think I?ve only had a handful of dreams where he was in his 20s or 30s, but, I feel more attracted to him in his 40s/50s so I guess that?s why I dream about him in that age range more. My mom picks on me about liking ?old Gary? b/c he was so strikingly beautiful when he was younger. Of course, I love him at any age really, but in my dreams I tend to ?love? him in his mid 40s/early 50s ;).

Thankfully, both of my parents are still alive and I?m close with both of them. I?m sorry to hear about your dad. He died far too young.

It?s funny that April mentioned how she has blocked some stuff out. I can remember things as far back as my 2nd birthday party but I have a hard time remembering much that happened around the time my parents got divorced. It?s like those couple of years are just gone or jumbled up with other stuff so I have a lot of memories that seem out of order. It wasn?t a real ugly divorce either but I was around 12-13 and it was pretty tough on everybody.

Sticking with the sports topic, I?ve had lots of baseball dreams too. Here?s one of my faves. I?m at a baseball game with my mom and stepdad (we?re all big Astros fans) and I don?t know which teams are playing but they are major league teams and we?re in a big stadium and it?s a beautiful day. All of the sudden people start cheering and I look up to see what the fuss is and I notice that Lou Gehrig is walking up to the plate. I know neither team was the Yankees so I don?t know where he came from but he was wearing his Yankee uniform. He seemed a little embarrassed by all the fuss and he got in the batter?s box ready to hit. Well, he hit a homer to right field and everybody in the stadium was on their feet cheering as loud as they could. Then fireworks went off. It was really neat.

I?ve had several other dreams where I?m at tryouts with a bunch of other people to be on the Astros. I have zero athletic ability and I?m always one of the first ones to be cut. Of course when someone throws a ball at you and you dodge it, they tend not to want you on the team ;).

Frank does have a point (it hurts me to admit that ;) ) about how even though it?s just a game, if you?re really into it, it can really affect your mood. I will never forget when my ?stros were one strike away from winning their first pennant in ?05. They were at home and the crowd was so loud it was crazy. Even just watching it on tv, I could feel the electricity in the crowd. My Mom looked over at me and said ?we?re about to go to the world series? and we just couldn?t believe it. Then Albert Pujols hit a homerun that I still don?t think has come back down yet to put the Cardinals on top and the crowd went dead silent. Even Pujols said it was eerie and he could hear his feet hitting the dirt as he rounded the bases when just a minute before it was so loud you couldn?t hear yourself think. We still had two more games in the series and we did win the next one in St. Louis to go to our first World Series (where we were swept by the White Sox :( ). But that loss was so gut wrenching that I was in foul mood for the next two days until game six. People at work kept telling me ?well you?ve got two more chances? but that didn?t make me feel any better b/c we had come so close and then had it so heartbreakingly taken from us by our biggest rivals. To this day, I won?t watch the replay of that homerun when they show it. It?s just too painful.

I feel less weird knowing there are people out there who have dreams as strange as mine :). I would also love to fly in my dreams. Since I was a kid, I have wanted a jet pack so I could fly around and for many years I put that on my list to Santa. He never brought me one though :(.