Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
hlywdkjk

The Annual FrankGrimes Torture Thread

how could i not have seen Laura? goodness me. heehee!

I meant, have you seen the girl, "Laura"? I'm looking for her. She's supposedly dead, too.

you an impostor? thats what im afraid of!

heehee!

This April you speak of is a ghost, too. How many times must I remind you of this?

i have no idea what you are talking about. heehee! april is a really person, and a sweet one at that! all in favor say "i". too late honey boy dutchman, my vote counts more times than yours does. heehee!

You little cheater! How indecorous of you. The words "April" and "sweet" don't seem to go together. :D "Sweet" and "Theresa" do, though.

laura7.jpg

I meant, have you seen the girl, "Laura"? I'm looking for her. She's supposedly dead, too.

oh gee, ill look around for her just to make you happy.

You little cheater! How indecorous of you. The words "April" and "sweet" don't seem to go together. "Sweet" and "Theresa" do, though.

i never cheat!....i just like to have fun....a little! thats a nice pic of gene! she is so pretty in Laura!

i never cheat!....i just like to have fun....a little!

You have fun cheating, Sneaky.

thats a nice pic of gene! she is so pretty in Laura!

Gene is so pretty at all times. Didn't you see how gorgeous she looked in Tobacco Road? :P By the way, do all y'all in the South look so dirty?

You have fun cheating, Sneaky.

oh i will! heehee!

Gene is so pretty at all times. Didn't you see how gorgeous she looked in Tobacco Road? By the way, do all y'all in the South look so dirty?

well you would think that. heehee!

It seems "the ghost" has taken up home in my "machine". Somehow he / she / it decided to mutilate some of my film poster files and cropped some of the images.

Strangely, they all seem to be "someone's" favorites. Boy, that is one vengeful "ghost".

Here's the ones I've found so far...

torture01

torture02

torture03

Kyle (still searching for more damage) In Hollywood

It seems "the ghost" has taken up home in my "machine". Somehow he / she / it decided to mutilate some of my film poster files and cropped some of the images. Strangely, they all seem to be "someone's" favorites. Boy, that is one vengeful "ghost".

You've got it all wrong, Kyle. Why in the world why I look to damage my favorites? Now if every single Gary Cooper and John Ford poster was destroyed, I'd look mighty guilty. But I'm an angel with this one. I'm thinking your "ghost" is living and is also my killer. Now who would want me dead and my favorite film posters damaged? Ohhh hell, that's a loooooooong list.

I LOVE the "crops" you posted! Fantastic!

My, my, my...

The devious demon was certainly busy while I was away at work today. Here's more of their handiwork.

torture04

torture10

torture07

kjk

I'm very impressed that you know all of my favorites. Not many people know I like Henri-Georges Clouzot.

You know, this actually is torture to me now.

My goodness! I cannot believe all of these great posters were tampered with. I love The 39 Steps poster. That's superb!

Has this ever happened to you before, Kyle? I'm actually bothered by this.

*"You've got it all wrong, Kyle. Why in the world why I look to damage my favorites?"* - FrankGrimes

Just "tryin' that one on for size"?

Kyle In Hollywood

I think this is the last of the wreckage.

Scarlet Street AND Pickup on South Street?! Those are my top two films noir. Somebody is very evil.

*"I'm very impressed that you know all of my favorites."*

Whaddya mean? All I know is that you'd give your left (or is it right?) pinky finger for a chance to see *Moonfleet*.

*"You know, this actually is torture to me now."*

_Somebody_ knows you too well. I'd be afraid.

Kyle In Hollywood

*"Scarlet Street" AND "Pickup on South Street"?! Those are my top two films noir. Somebody is very evil."*

Somebody knew exactly how to inflict the most pain. Do you know just which titles are represented below? It's scary.

Kyle In Hollywood

What's up, Kylefornia -- "You've got it all wrong, Kyle. Why in the world why I look to damage my favorites?" - FrankGrimes

Just "tryin' that one on for size"?

My devious plan is starting to unravel.

Somebody knew exactly how to inflict the most pain. Do you know just which titles are represented below? It's scary.

Pickup on South Street

Scarlet Street (two of them)

The 39 Steps

Strangers on a Train

The Wrong Man

Kiss the Blood Off My Hands

The Blue Gardenia

I think either The Big Heat or Human Desire

Journey Into Fear

Hell's Half Acre

The Night of the Hunter

Diabolique

Raw Deal

Fallen Angel

The Third Man

Vertigo

I don't know the "blonde girl" poster (02), the "girl that's bleeding from the mouth" poster (06), and the one "Mitchum" poster (15).

"I'm very impressed that you know all of my favorites."

Whaddya mean? All I know is that you'd give your left (or is it right?) pinky finger for a chance to see Moonfleet.

Now that's quite a memory. I was rather pathetic in my longing last year, was I not? TCM hasn't been playing much Lang at all of late, but I haven't made a request at "Suggest a Movie" for months. I think it's time for me to make a return appearance because I have had a few films played: Stranger on the Third Floor, The Woman on the Beach, The Locket, and The File on Thelma Jordon to name some. No such luck with Lang, though.

"You know, this actually is torture to me now."

Somebody knows you too well. I'd be afraid.

That somebody is probably who needs to be afraid because my tastes are rather shabby. ;)

Frankie,

Who have you upset that they are torturing you so?

I would start looking for the film fatale behind the curtain because someone is obviously pulling some strings for the so called Ms. Big.

The question is who and why?

You didn't throw a pot of hot coffee at wonderful Gloria did you?

That could have sealed your doom. Especially with someone as honorable as Kyle.

You poor devil.

Who have you upset that they are torturing you so?

I have no idea. I'm very kind to everyone I come across. I don't think I have ever teased a single member on this board.

I would start looking for the film fatale behind the curtain because someone is obviously pulling some strings for the so called Ms. Big.

I'm thinking you may be a suspect, Lynn, dear. I have not watched two of your film recommendations yet and I now have about 20 Ford films to watch yet they remain unwatched, including She Wore a Yellow Ribbon.

You didn't throw a pot of hot coffee at wonderful Gloria did you?

Perish the thought! I could never harm that sweet angel's halo. I tossed it in Coop's face. :D

That could have sealed your doom. Especially with someone as honorable as Kyle.

Kyle is honorable? Actually, I have to agree with you on that one. He's also very courageous. It takes guts to post Grace Kelly photos on the "Gary Cooper" thread.

You poor devil.

I've been labeled a devil before and I've also been told to go to him. I'm chasing my devilish tail.

I'm thinking you may be a suspect, Lynn, dear. I have not watched two of your film recommendations yet and I now have about 20 Ford films to watch yet they remain unwatched, including She Wore a Yellow Ribbon.>>

Frankie,

Perish the thought! I would not torture you so because I want to keep you around until you finally see the films so that we can discuss them at length.

To have you driven mad before that happens, what is the point?

I prefer you in your critical persona ready to discuss the films and what they mean to you and what they say to you.

That is where the fun lies for me. How about you?

And yes, Kyle is very honorable. Probably the most honorable poster we have here next to Mongo.

We should all strife to be as honorable as them.

But, I fear, our vanities and our demons get the best of the majority of us.

Hi Kyle! I think those cropped posters look so cool! They would make a fabulous collage! I bet sweet Tea could whip up a beautiful one to torture Frank with---she's wonderful at arts-and-crafts. What do you say, T? Shall we work on one together? ;)

*You didn't throw a pot of hot coffee at wonderful Gloria did you?*

*Perish the thought! I could never harm that sweet angel's halo. I tossed it in Coop's face.*

This is partly why he has several girls here out to get him ;).

*That could have sealed your doom. Especially with someone as honorable as Kyle.*

*Kyle is honorable? Actually, I have to agree with you on that one. He's also very courageous. It takes guts to post Grace Kelly photos on the "Gary Cooper" thread.*

Well guts or lack of brains: same difference ? ha!