Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

The Annual FrankGrimes Torture Thread

Howdy, Cool with the Ready Whip -- He was the Mad Hatter? I am stunned. I didn't remember that! Cool special effects....

That's all I knew of David Wayne until just recently.

I prefer him on this show:

I've never seen an episode of Ellery Queen, but I bet I'd like it. I'm a sucker for 70s detective shows.

A Tipsy Good Evening to You, Bubbles -- lol! Ok, can you see it now?

Nope. How much champoo have you guzzled so far? :P

I loved the show. Jim Hutton as Ellery (sort of absent minded, but not when solving a crime), and David Wayne as his father, crotchety Inspector Queen....

It was only on for a couple of years, struggling along, but it had a great theme song, a nice period feel, a great cast, and the best part was, in the last 5 or 10 minutes, Jim Hutton would step out of the scene, turn to the camera and ask if you had figured out the mystery! He might drop a hint or two, then they cut to the commercial. When they came back, the crime would be re-enacted and solved, a la Murder on the Orient Express.

There were always women who were after Ellery, but he was too busy solving his mysteries to notice.....

http://www.elleryqueenshow.com/

I can't recall "Remember Wenn", but the name sounds familiar.

I don't like chocolate and peanut butter together; not fond of Reese's Peanut Butter Cups. This is not to say I won't scarf one down, but only if it's been frozen so it tastes like ice cream.

I also prefer cheese on my apple pie over vanilla ice cream.

I like spumoni ice cream, and in the summer nothing refreshes like an Italian ice. (hmmm, I could have one now...)

metsfan, my Irish friends didn't know about the German band. I would have thought they would have; they're in their mid-twenties, she used to be a bit Goth, and he's kind of laid back yet hip, but they never even heard of them.

Message was edited by: Bronxgirl48

Hola, CineBabe -- Frank...what did you do to be tortured like this.

Talk about Mary Cooper in a loving way.

Good day, O' Wee McMermaiden -- Chuck E. Cheese? No. Isn't that the place where unruly kids throw up on their pizza?

Yes, and I'd rather be there than The Cheesecake Factory. :)

I'll let the Irena out of the bag (get it? get it?)

:) You're supposed to keep the kitty in the kage. What are you doing?

The first time I heard The Pina Colada Song, I wanted to vomit.

And I said, "I never knew."

That you like Pina Coladas

Getting caught in the rain

And the feel of the ocean

And the taste of champagne

If you'd like making love at midnight

In the dunes of the Cape

You're the lady I've looked for

Come with me and escape

I see you're getting into the Celtic spirit of things. Are you going to post a photograph of you wearing a kilt and eating a Pat's cheesesteak?

Hey, that's an idea! :P Kilts would make a good napkin.

If GG fed you tofu, would you eat it?

Probably not. I'm not gonna roll over for Double G.

Now I have no problem DRINKING chocolate milk (I love Yoohoo; but that's a New Yawk thing, like Manhattan coffee soda) but I don't like seeing the milk turn chocolate. I think I know why, but I can't tell you or you'll get sick. (hmm, I seem to have a regurgitation theme going on today -- I apologize. Wait, no I don't)

:D I'm actually fairly similar to you with this choco mind over matter mess. The only milk I can drink is chocolate milk.

I love Carvel but it's not what it used to be. Tastes like library paste now.

I miss Carvel because I loved the gel they used on ice cream cakes. I'm not a big cake eater -- I prefer pies -- but I love ice cream cakes.

You love Cool-Whip? To eat or shave with?

A guy's legs have to look their smoothest when in kilt, right? I find that Coop Whip ( :P ) brings outs the natural sheen of one's kilty legs.

Ciao, Trashy -- P.S. My bike is finally in!!! I pick it up tomorrow. Me excited. Now if only my dress would get here.

So did you get your bike, Little Red Riding Hood? Did you give it a whirl?

By the way, just to let you know why I chose to write one word...

simpsons1-1.jpg

*So did you get your bike, Little Red Riding Hood? Did you give it a whirl?*

My bike is even better in person than it was in the picture. I named her Ruby. I just need to get a red helmet (this week!) and I'm ready to go. I purchased a bike lock, a bell and these totally boss valve covers that look like dice.

I should have known that 'unpossible' came form The Simpsons! :)

That?s cool about your bike. Ruby is a cute name for it. I named my car Muskrat Suzie (I?m sure Frank will get the reference). I just paid it off earlier this month and now that little Nissan Sentra is mine, all mine!!!

Frank: *A guy's legs have to look their smoothest when in kilt, right? I find that Coop Whip brings outs the natural sheen of one's kilty legs.*

Clearly you weren?t studying that pic as closely as some of us chicks or you would have noticed he has beautiful hairy legs :x. They even make reference to his hairy legs in the movie, unfortunately the chest hair is kept under wraps :(.

*I named my car Muskrat Suzie*

You must _really_ love Captain & Tenielle! :)

When my sister and were kids, my dad had an old Volkswagen bus that we called Soozie Blue Bus and when he had the car repainted he had that stenciled on to the back door.

The horribly ironic thing about That Song, is yes, I like getting caught in the rain, the taste of champagne, the feel of the ocean, making sand

castles in the Dunes at midnight (you don't think I'm gonna confess EVERYTHING, do you?) and guzzling pina coladas. I'm also sentimental, enjoy snuggling fuzzy baby animals and cuddling babies, but as God is

my witness, I'd NEVER put any of this stuff (including the lyrics) in a personals ad. (all I'd say is something like "cool movie-loving chick seeks easy-going counterpart. Kilts welcome")

Speaking of which, something strange is happening to my hair.....

Don't ask. I realize I've piqued your interest, but....don't ask.

I always told myself if I ever had kids, I'd never take them to Chuck E. Cheese. Just the thought of going in there makes me ill. All I can think of is one of the elves in A CHRISTMAS STORY: "Oh, how I hate the smell of tapioca".

Did you ever notice that the ice cream served in Chinese restaurants

is really delicious? Why is this? Is it the ice crystals?

When you put cereal boxes on your shelves do you like me have to have the ingredient listings turned toward the back?

Do you like burnt toast? I love it. Perhaps I have a charcoal deficiency. It's funny, I gave up smoking about 15 years ago and that's when I started burning my toast. I still enjoy it, especially slathered

with grape jelly.

I freak out if I accidentally make coffee in my tea cup, and vice versa.

They have to be separate.

I always freeze my chocolate bars.

I sprinkle my vanilla ice cream with black pepper.

Ever since the early 70's, I can't bring myself to eat pea soup.

You understand, my little piglet.

We understand perfectly about the pea soup. What really has me concerned is the pepper on the ice cream. This may be the weirdest thing I've ever heard in a conversation of food. I have some quirks but they pale in comparison.

I can't stand the smell of coffee. I've hated it since I was a kid. At our family reunions all my aunts and uncles, etc. (except my father) sat around and drank the stuff while smoking cigarettes. It didn't matter how hot the weather was they had to have it. (For irony my wife works at Starbucks.)

Cereal boxes go in so I can see what it is and fit comfortable on the shelf.

Grape jelly on pancakes is a fine substitute for syrup.

Burnt anything is yucky for me.

Chocolate rules.The fridge is adequate. Anything chocolate is acceptable at any time of day.

Breakfast tastes better when it is for dinner.

We'll ignore your hair..... for now.

Howdy, Bronx Blossom -- The horribly ironic thing about That Song, is yes, I like getting caught in the rain, the taste of champagne, the feel of the ocean, making sand castles in the Dunes at midnight (you don't think I'm gonna confess EVERYTHING, do you?) and guzzling pina coladas. I'm also sentimental, enjoy snuggling fuzzy baby animals and cuddling babies, but as God is my witness, I'd NEVER put any of this stuff (including the lyrics) in a personals ad. (all I'd say is something like "cool movie-loving chick seeks easy-going counterpart. Kilts welcome")

From Irish castles to sand castles. I'll take the sand castles.

Your personal ad would garner far more interest than Rupert's, although Rupert's seems dreamier. "Seems" usually means "t'ain't." So how often do you snuggle-wuggle fuzzy-wuzzy baby animals? Or are you talking about your stuffed baby animals again? I didn't have you pegged as a "snuggler." So it's a "cool movie-loving chick seeks easy-going snugglebuddy." I think that can be arranged, Snuggles.

Speaking of which, something strange is happening to my hair..... Don't ask. I realize I've piqued your interest, but....don't ask.

Let's see, when a girl brings up a topic and follows it up with not one but two "don't asks," she really, really wants you to ask. So what's up with your hair? Does chatting with me cause it to stand on end, Mrs. Moe?

I always told myself if I ever had kids, I'd never take them to Chuck E. Cheese. Just the thought of going in there makes me ill. All I can think of is one of the elves in A CHRISTMAS STORY: "Oh, how I hate the smell of tapioca".

A Christmas Story! That always works for me. I could go for a kiddie pizza party every now and then. The reason? I remember how much I enjoyed such things when I was a kid. What the heck am I saying? I'm still a kid.

Did you ever notice that the ice cream served in Chinese restaurants is really delicious? Why is this? Is it the ice crystals?

I've never been to a Chinese restaurant. Good luck getting me there, too. I'll be at Chuck E. Cheese's.

When you put cereal boxes on your shelves do you like me have to have the ingredient listings turned toward the back?

They are like books, albums, or DVDs; I need to see the cover art. I gotta see Chip the Wolf trying to steal the cookie crisps!

Do you like burnt toast? I love it. Perhaps I have a charcoal deficiency.

Ohh, heck no.

It's funny, I gave up smoking about 15 years ago and that's when I started burning my toast. I still enjoy it, especially slathered with grape jelly.

I like all kinds of jams and jellies.

I have never tried smoking nor any kind of drugs. I even avoid taking medicine if at all possible. Have I told you that I'm conservative with my being and highly unadventurous? My "Pina Colada Song" would be a lullaby.

I freak out if I accidentally make coffee in my tea cup, and vice versa. They have to be separate.

I don't drink coffee or tea. The only hot drink I like is, you guessed it, hot chocolate. Have I told you that I'm a big kid and I refuse to grow up? Who wants marshmallows? Me! Me! Me!

I always freeze my chocolate bars.

I definitely do not do this.

I sprinkle my vanilla ice cream with black pepper.

Say what? I agree with Chris, that's one of the weirdest food dealies I have ever heard of. I don't get this one. How did you come up with that?

Ever since the early 70's, I can't bring myself to eat pea soup.

Gee, I wonder why. I only like two soups, chicken noodle and chicken corn. Exciting, ain't I? Ironically, chicken corn soup is my favorite meal.

You understand, my little piglet.

Sadly, I do. I'm usually viewed as the world's slowest and most boring eater. I'm a killjoy. This does not come as news to you, however.

Howdy, Cowboy Chris -- I can't stand the smell of coffee. I've hated it since I was a kid. At our family reunions all my aunts and uncles, etc. (except my father) sat around and drank the stuff while smoking cigarettes. It didn't matter how hot the weather was they had to have it.

I'm still at the kid's table. Coffee, cigarettes, and alcohol have never appealed to me. But then again, neither does "good" food. It's Kool-Aid and Kid's Cuisine for me!

(For irony my wife works at Starbucks.)

Now that killed me!

Grape jelly on pancakes is a fine substitute for syrup.

I can handle that. I can no longer eat pancakes for some reason. I like their taste, it's just that I can barely finish one nowadays. They fill me up like no other food.

Burnt anything is yucky for me.

I do like my food cooked (medium-well to well), but burnt is too far for me.

Chocolate rules.The fridge is adequate. Anything chocolate is acceptable at any time of day.

I never really ate that much chocolate when I was younger, but now I crave it. That ain't good.

Breakfast tastes better when it is for dinner.

I will sometimes order breakfast for dinner. I love scrambled eggs and home fries.

About the black pepper ice cream: did you know that sweet and tangy go together, and that many gourmet chocolate bars, for example, mix

exotic spicy ingredients like chipotle peppers or ginger in with the chocolate? Since I don't eat regular full-fat vanilla ice cream anymore at home, I find the addition of the black pepper (sometimes I add cinnamon) actually brings out the creaminess of the vanilla.

However, I only do this with that particular brand. Otherwise, I enjoy

going out to ice cream parlors and pigging out, no pepper at all. And NO

FROZEN YOGURT either.

Sometimes just the smell of real coffee will wake me up. I love it; it's my drug of choice.

I love having (hot) pizza for breakfast and pancakes and bacon for dinner. It's somehow more comforting. I also like chicken and waffles;

there's a soul food restaurant in New York City, The Pink Tea Cup

I think the name is, and I always had it there. I really got used to this

Southern combination. And you pour the (real) maple syrup over the

chicken as well. Yum!

Frank thinks I really DO want to talk about my hair.

But I don't.

Message was edited by: Bronxgirl48

You never had me pegged as a snuggler? And I thought you were perceptive.

Live and stuffed animals, and cute babies. Not ugly ones. And certain people who are not averse to being hugged.

Occasionally I will embrace a tree, and I have kissed a real lizard.

You've never been to a Chinese restaurant? Geez, what am I gonna DO with you?

At the Gilroy Garlic Fest in California, they have garlic ice cream.

That I could go for.

Barb, I don't blame your Irish friends for their unfamiliarity with the band since not everyone will listen to music they don't understand. What do you think of the medieval look? Ashling might like this picture. It's a bit large so I'll just add the link.

http://gothyard.web-log.nl/photos/uncategorized/official_soz4_1.jpg

This one will torture someone on the board for sure.

in_extremo_990806_ag.jpg

Mr. Grimes, thanks for making me laugh with the movie clip. If hugs had that disintegrating effect upon humans I certainly wouldn't mind attempting to give one. Then I'll try it on myself to see if it works on aliens.

*At the Gilroy Garlic Fest in California, they have garlic ice cream.*

*That I could go for.*

I've actually been dying to try this. I never got the chance to go to Gilroy when I was living in California, but I passed through it on my way to Las Vegas once and you could definitely tell where you were.

I'm not sure who the band is (but the picture busted me up) but it reminds me of a tim when I was listening to Rick Steves on NPR and the segment happened to be about Scotland. Someone had called in and they were talking about the different types of music you could hear there and I guess there is a salsa pipe band called the Red Hot Chili Pipers. Intriguing.

>Coffee, cigarettes, and alcohol have never appealed to me.

I also can't stand the smell of beer. Consequently, I've never tried one. As a kid we had a neighbor (one of the other kid's father) loved playing football with us. The trouble was he usually had a beer before he came out to play. Standing in a huddle with someone with beer breath is tough.

Now my brothers-in-law have great fun trying to be the first one to ask me if I want a beer. It's juvenile on their part but I guess they think the same since I won't drink one.

You always have to line up your cereal by cover art? You must have some big cabinets.

Chris

*I freak out if I accidentally make coffee in my tea cup, and vice versa.*

*They have to be separate.*

I don't drink coffee, but I love coffee flavored things-especially ice cream. I LOVE the smell of brewing coffee-there's something I find comforting about it. I think it's from when I was a kid-when I got up in the morning my mother would have a pot of coffee brewing in one of those old percolators (I love that sound too). Also my dad used to hand grind his own coffee and I associate it with that as well.

I had a bad tea experience as a kid and now I can't stand it. My mother tried to make me drink it when I was sick once and it must not have been fancy, good smelling tea or I let it get cold or something becasue the smell of it grosses me out. Too bad since it's good for you in many ways.

*About the black pepper ice cream: did you know that sweet and tangy go together, and that many gourmet chocolate bars, for example, mix*

*exotic spicy ingredients like chipotle peppers or ginger in with the chocolate? Since I don't eat regular full-fat vanilla ice cream anymore at home, I find the addition of the black pepper (sometimes I add cinnamon) actually brings out the creaminess of the vanilla.*

I've never had chocolate with peppers in it, although I've heard of it. There is a store around here that makes dark chocolate bars with sea salt in them. This is one of the best combinations aside form chocolate and peanut butter. I've also had a dark chocolate bar with bacon in it, but it was less excellent than I was expecting.

*I also like chicken and waffles;*

One of the many regrets I have about living in Southern California was that I never got to go to Roscoe's Chicken and Waffles, which is about as delicious sounding as it gets.