Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
hlywdkjk

The Annual FrankGrimes Torture Thread

I know I am late on this, but I did already tell him in private, but I think I should now join the others and actually post on here, as I have been so busy. Shame on me!!!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY FRANKIE FURTER!!!! Smiles and kisses going to you!

I thought this would make you smile!

doris-day-alfred-hitchcock-have-fun-on-t

• Like 1

Yo Grey Dude..  I just watched two (count 'em TWO) of your most favorite movies EVER!!! One on Thursday night: Donovan's Reef and then tonight: Hell's Hinges!! :P

Ha.. I really didn't intend it.. but that is just what I was in the mood for this week, I guess. ha. WooooHOO! It's a Frank Grimes Film Fest goin' on here at  "Casa de Ro this week! :D

(hmmm... I wonder what should I watch next??? Alice Adams?? Or maybe Arsenic and Old Lace??? Oh wait!! I know.. what about McLintock????????????????????) :D

Yo Grey Dude..  I just watched two (count 'em TWO) of your most favorite movies EVER!!! One on Thursday night: Donovan's Reef and then tonight: Hell's Hinges!! :P

Ha.. I really didn't intend it.. but that is just what I was in the mood for this week, I guess. ha. WooooHOO! It's a Frank Grimes Film Fest goin' on here at  "Casa de Ro this week! :D

Ugh!  That's a torturous double-feature!  I at least go for the love story in Donovan's Reef.  And I know a woman or two who needs a good spanking for their mule-headedness!

(hmmm... I wonder what should I watch next??? Alice Adams?? Or maybe Arsenic and Old Lace??? Oh wait!! I know.. what about McLintock????????????????????) :D

None of 'em!  You need to watch Harry Fabian to fix this entire mess!

Ugh!  That's a torturous double-feature!  I at least go for the love story in Donovan's Reef.  And I know a woman or two who needs a good spanking for their mule-headedness!

Frank-a-zoid!

I presume you aren't speaking of us ladies on here when you say that, because I'm quite surely we wouldn't know a thing of what you are talking about. :D:D

And I'll have you know Donovan's Reef isn't torture! It's pure bliss and fabulousness...including the love story and everything else in between!

"You're out of condition, Mr. Donovan!"

Elizabeth-Allen-Donovans-Reef.jpg

That's a torturous double-feature!

NO way!! ha. Donovan's Reef was actually the KIDLING's idea. (ha.. it is one of her new favorites! Do I know how to raise a mini-me or WHAT??) :D

And as for Hell's Hinges.. I don't know why I pulled that one up other than I was looking for a few films on youtube and there it was.. so I just had to watch it. :)

And this is my third viewing for that one overall (but it has been at least a year or more since the last time I saw it) and I have to say, I find something more to like about it every time. 

Ha.. but maybe that is just me. :)

I know a woman or two who needs a good spanking for their mule-headedness!

I am with Baby T on this.. I don't know WHAT you are talking about. :D

But meanwhile.. I DO know a certain "man in the shadows" who is way, so very way OVERDUE for a mudfight. (now where, OH WHERE did I put my HATPIN??) :D

You need to watch Harry Fabian

OH, I LOVE watching Harry Fabian.....  I love to watch him get what he's got coming to him at the bitter END,  that is. :P  (nowhere to run to baby, nowhere to hide!) :D

I presume you aren't speaking of us ladies on here when you say that, because I'm quite surely we wouldn't know a thing of what you are talking about. :D:D

That's precisely the mule-headedness that I speak of!

And I'll have you know Donovan's Reef isn't torture! It's pure bliss and fabulousness...including the love story and everything else in between!

Not all of it is bliss!  Those kids!  Ugh!

"You're out of condition, Mr. Donovan!"

I'm way out of condition!

But maybe that lady can get me in condition!  That would be fun!

NO way!! ha. Donovan's Reef was actually the KIDLING's idea. (ha.. it is one of her new favorites! Do I know how to raise a mini-me or WHAT??) :D

When you put it that way, I can't be too upset.  The kidling would win out with me.

And as for Hell's Hinges.. I don't know why I pulled that one up other than I was looking for a few films on youtube and there it was.. so I just had to watch it. :)

And this is my third viewing for that one overall (but it has been at least a year or more since the last time I saw it) and I have to say, I find something more to like about it every time. 

You've watched it three times too many! :P  I at least like the horrifying fire scenes.

Ha.. but maybe that is just me. :)

Jackie is with you!

I am with Baby T on this.. I don't know WHAT you are talking about. :D

I'm sure you wouldn't!  A sure of sign of mule-headedness!

OH, I LOVE watching Harry Fabian.....  I love to watch him get what he's got coming to him at the bitter END,  that is. :P  (nowhere to run to baby, nowhere to hide!) :D

So long as my woman is all right, I'm okay.  We rats have a little bit of heart.  My woman is better off with Hugh Marlowe!

The kidling would win out with me

She definitely has her favorites. Some are like mine.. some are like Dad's.. but I really like that she is developing her own as well. She is a huge Gene Kelly fan.. she currently owns 6 of his movies (ha.. and is looking to own a few more soon, I think) It is fun to see her "collecting" classics along with the current "kid" films out there as well. :) 

You've watched it three times too many!  

Ha.. not so. I think you have just watched it two times too few. :D 

I at least like the horrifying fire scenes.

I'll tell you what.. that part where he sets fire to the saloon and backs those folks up against the wall is pretty intense. I remember seeing that the first time and literally just holding my breath. Very powerful part of the story. 

Jackie is with you!

I know! She is actually the "instigator' with that one, ha. I still remember our initial chat on it and how she came across it on some website she'd bee following. (or something like that) That is one reason I was so surprised to find it on youtube lastnight. Because I thought.. if I am remembering right, that website was for lesser known (or hard to find?) silent films.. but I confess, I might be remembering wrong. It's been a couple of years at least and hey.. I am an old woman, after all. ha. 

A sure of sign of mule-headedness!

Ah.. I have been called worse. ha. (is that the best you got??) :D  Meanwhile.. sticks and stones, Mr. Grey. (just keep tossing them while I break open my arsenal.) HA!!!! :D:P

We rats have a little bit of heart.

Now don't sell yourself short. You have a HUGE heart.. Mr. Rat. :D

Re:Butterscotchgreer Birthday. 

Ro,since Baby T's birthday is today I think some of your wonderful bakery selections are in order.  Something sweet, flavorful and full of life should be in order. (You know, something like you too.)

Happy Birthday T. I hope it's a grand day. (Just pretend I am playing a wonderful elaborate version of "Happy Birthday" for you.)

• Like 1

Re:Butterscotchgreer Birthday. 

Ro,since Baby T's birthday is today I think some of your wonderful bakery selections are in order.  Something sweet, flavorful and full of life should be in order. (You know, something like you too.)

Happy Birthday T. I hope it's a grand day. (Just pretend I am playing a wonderful elaborate version of "Happy Birthday" for you.)

AAAWWW!!! Musicman Chris! That was soooooo sweet! Heehee! Thank you bunches and bunches! I feel overwhelmed with love today. <3 <3 <3

Thanks, Mr. Movieman for getting the party started! (and hey.. I see the Pirate has brought the cake, so how about some lovely extra's to go along with it?)  

Miss T, I have brought some delightful petit fours and tea, all  for you little darlin'.  Hope your birthday is as sweet as YOU!  :) 

BuffetTeaCakes_zps389dee7f.jpg

A very Happy Birthday to you, Sweet T!  Yes, I'm being lazy by not creating a pic.  I'm short on time.  I just wanted to make sure I made an appearance on your special day.  May you have a fun and joyous day.

Arriv5Sept14019aa.jpg

Petite T, here a morsel of tiramisu from my favorite Ristorante Italiano.

I looked for a candle, alas ... still, it really tastes good. An added after-

party birthday treat.

L

Thank you for the birthday wishes everyone! It was indeed a fabulous and fun birthday! I didn't really do much to celebrate, because my bridal shower was the next day, so I just counted that as my double celebration. Heehee! Oh, but it was a marvelous weekend full of magic and hugs! I loved every second of it!

And those desserts look so yummy! that's the most awesome part of being on here. I can't eat gluten in reality, but I can surely look at it in awe and eat with all of you at a joyous tea party online, so thank you for the goodies!

XOXOXO!!

• Like 2

Hi, all!  I'd like to get back to talking on the board, so I'm seeking some film suggestions.  And instead of my watching an entire group of films and then posting, I'm going to watch the film and talk about it right away.  So Quiet Gal, Musicman, Snippy, Little Red Buick, Super Charger, Sweet T, Mrs. Doberman, and anyone else who has any suggestions for me, please send them my way.

Here is a site where I have many of my lists stored if you want to figure if I have seen a film or not:

http://letterboxd.com/scotthbg/

It's also a good guide in knowing my tastes for those of you who don't know me too well.  Just click on "lists" and you will find a bunch.

• Like 1

Well hello there, stranger. Are you new here to the boards??? :D  (ha.. oh who am I kidding. none of us is posting very regularly these days) :)

I'd like to get back to talking on the board

Now THAT would be a welcome sight. I hope others will join in with you too. It's been far too long since we've all gotten together for a nice long chat. :) 

I'm going to watch the film and talk about it right away.

Ok now.. I am gonna hold  you to that. My frozen rope and hatpin are at the ready. Don't MAKE me climb into the computer screen and come after you. :P

Here is a site where I have many of my lists stored

Wowsa.. I never ever even HEARD Of that site before.. and it looks like it would be right up  your alley (being able to list your films that way, etc) NOW I know where you have been hanging  your black hat lately. Looks like you've been pretty busy in there compiling your lists (and I love that you have reviews next to the films too.. at least the few I checked out. I have not had time yet to go meandering through there to see what all you have listed. But hey.. it looked pretty cool) 

I will have to give it some thought to find a movie you HAVEN'T seen yet. (you are so way ahead of me, I may have a hard time) but I will see if I can think of any  you might enjoy. (ha.. or not.. because well. y ou know.. it would be MY suggestion. so you probably would hate it ANYWAY) ha. :D  Hope others will chime in for some films for you too. 

Good to see your name on the ole message board again, sir. (My dear.. ha.. not DEAR.. friend) :D

Sir Francis!! How grand to see you back. 

I've not heard of the site either but I think we can safely say you have seen every movie ever made!! I'm Game to play along so it is likely you will get some things in alphabetical order. However, I will have to do so more searching around the site.

I hope you are well. April's and your absence have left a large void here so it's good to get back. I need a good chat.

I'll see what I can find.

MOVIEMAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) 

It's a rainy ole day here in Kansas City.. do your Orioles know how to swim?????????? :D

• Like 1

Ro, I hope so as they have momentarily forgotten how to fly!

I thought last week that Royals were one of those teams of destiny that everything was going right. There couldn't have been a worse time for the Orioles' pitching to fail them.

Okay, Sir Francis:

I love the idea of the site. I hate the idea of using "the" alphabetically as it throws so many movies there. Most film books I have don't use it to list things.

Anyway, here are a few if I figured out the way to do it.

The Fastest Gun Alive - Glenn Ford.

Four Faces West - Joel McCrea

The Law and Jake Wade - Robert Taylor

The Guns of Navarone - Gregory Peck.

Pork Chop Hill - Gregory Peck

Hmmm, westerns and war films. "How ordinary." (Lili von Shtupp - Blazing Saddles.)