Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

The Annual FrankGrimes Torture Thread

Let me see, some torture for you. (but, I DO have a heart; I mean, come on, look at these chicks)

Are you saying that if I moved to Chicago I wouldn't dream anymore of Eva Gabor and Satan?

Another dream I always used to have is that I'm revisiting my public school, and it's very nostalgic. I go inside, but it turns into a museum devoted to Egyptology. I climb the stairs and see a pharoah's mask staring at me. I'm not really scared looking at it or wandering around,

but I do feel a certain sense of eerieness, so I go outside and then see the normal world of children and their mothers waiting to go inside and start classes. It's raining outside.

Black pepper goes with ANYTHING -- go on, give me a food that can't be improved by adding it in.

So Mr Grimes, for some _real_ torture you have to give straight answers to 2 straight questions:

1. As a self-proclaimed "newbie" to classic films, of all the ones you've pretended not to

watch over, say, the last year, which is your favorite?

2. Which classic movie did you have the lowest expectations about but ended up liking?

I'd love to hear from any other newbies, too, who may be reading this, or from anyone in general

about movies they saw for the first time and ended up liking.

Hola, Trashy Dame -- :::giggling::: Love that picture. Except it's really the other way around, I think.

Don't tell me you have seen The Long Gray Line.

What's up, Jolly Green J-Girl? -- Are you and Butterscotch hiding out? Since I'm such a loving, generous gentleman, I'll let you eat my peas. Dig in! :P

What's the scoop, Star Hustler? -- Let me see, some torture for you. (but, I DO have a heart; I mean, come on, look at these chicks)

Now that WAS torture.

Are you saying that if I moved to Chicago I wouldn't dream anymore of Eva Gabor and Satan?

Probably. But the guy in the dream is the bigger tip-off. He seems to represent your trapped (settling) feeling.

Another dream I always used to have is that I'm revisiting my public school, and it's very nostalgic. I go inside, but it turns into a museum devoted to Egyptology.

Where's Princess Ananka when you need her? Oh, right, with her Italian boy toy.

I climb the stairs and see a pharoah's mask staring at me. I'm not really scared looking at it or wandering around, but I do feel a certain sense of eerieness, so I go outside and then see the normal world of children and their mothers waiting to go inside and start classes. It's raining outside.

That's fascinating. The crossing of your past and your present.

Black pepper goes with ANYTHING -- go on, give me a food that can't be improved by adding it in.

Improved? Chicken corn soup. You get that black pepper away from the kettle, Peppy.

In grade school, I accidentally loaded up my french fries with pepper instead of salt and it gave me a sick feeling. I like pepper on baked potatoes.

Bonjour, La Snip -- Ooooohhhhh! Are you sure now that you don't have just a wee bit of the Irish in yer blood?

What's a pub? Yeah, I'm pretty sure. :D

I just received the Matinee Idol Box Set today.

Gene and Linda! Woohoo! I'll be getting the box later on this month.

Have you broken it to TripleHHH that you have more Tyrone Power movies on dvd than any

other male in this forum?

I'm the only idiot in the world (end of sentence :P ) who will have bought Tyrone Power movies for reasons other than Tyrone Power. Nightmare Alley is THE Power film I did wish to see the most because of Ty.

I view Power as more of a "woman's" actor, for the most part. That's not to say guys don't like him, it's just that I believe his greatest appeal is with women. I haven't made up my mind on Power yet because, even though I own quite a few of his films (with more on the way), I haven't watched enough of them to decide.

There was a thread last year that asked to cast a Batman film with classic actors and someone mentioned Power as Batman/Bruce Wayne. I believe he would have been perfect for such a role.

So Mr Grimes, for some real torture you have to give straight answers to 2 straight questions:

Uh-huh. Now do you really think I'm gonna do such a thing?

1. As a self-proclaimed "newbie" to classic films, of all the ones you've pretended not to

watch over, say, the last year, which is your favorite?

Very good question! But my answer is a very boring one:

inalonelyplace1-2.jpg

2. Which classic movie did you have the lowest expectations about but ended up liking?

Yet another great question!

riogrande3-1.jpg

You know, if you asked for more than one film with each question, you may have been surprised by some of my answers. Although, I won't divulge all of my secret likes to you. I have to keep some taunts, Fordy Guns. :P

*Don't tell me you have seen The Long Gray Line.*

I admit that I have not. But I assumed that the dialogue was man to woman (is that Tyrone Power?) and that's why I said it should be the other way around. :)

*I'm the only idiot in the world*

heeheeheeheeheeheeheeheeheeheeheeheeheehee.............

Don't tell me you have seen The Long Gray Line.

I admit that I have not. But I assumed that the dialogue was man to woman (is that Tyrone Power?) and that's why I said it should be the other way around.

Maureen O'Hara speaks those words to Tyrone Power. She was relaying the words of an officer to Ty.

So what are your answers for Miss G's two questions? You have been even more mum on your classic film watching than I, which is "saying" a lot.

I'm the only idiot in the world

heeheeheeheeheeheeheeheeheeheeheeheeheehee.............

:P That's a lot of "heehees." Are you related to the Invisible Woman?

*That's a lot of "heehees." Are you related to the Invisible Woman?*

Well, muhaahahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaa didn't seem to reflect my reaction to what you wrote so I settled for a lot of hees instead.

I also applaud you on being "the only idiot in the world". Congratulations on being the definitive idiot. :)

*So what are your answers for Miss G's two questions? You have been even more mum on your classic film watching than I, which is "saying" a lot.*

I'm still musing on that. Also, mulling, pondering and ruminating.

That's a lot of "heehees." Are you related to the Invisible Woman?

Well, muhaahahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaa didn't seem to reflect my reaction to what you wrote so I settled for a lot of hees instead.

"Muhaahahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaa"? You ARE related to the Invisible Woman.

I also applaud you on being "the only idiot in the world". Congratulations on being the definitive idiot.

Can I still play with your six kids, Farmer Minya?

So what are your answers for Miss G's two questions? You have been even more mum on your classic film watching than I, which is "saying" a lot.

I'm still musing on that. Also, mulling, pondering and ruminating.

Ahhh, composing one's thoughts. I've never done. :)

*"Muhaahahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaa"? You ARE related to the Invisible Woman.*

I was going more for 'Bug Bunny/Looney Tunes evil scientist'

*Ahhh, composing one's thoughts. I've never done.*

Don't feel too bad-I spend a lot of time composing and often have very little to show for it. :)

"Muhaahahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaa"? You ARE related to the Invisible Woman.

I was going more for 'Bug Bunny/Looney Tunes evil scientist'

... in long black gloves. Or, in your case, a red dress.

Ahhh, composing one's thoughts. I've never done.

Don't feel too bad-I spend a lot of time composing and often have very little to show for it.

Not me. I have a lot to show for it. Just ask around. Okay, just don't ask certain someones. :D

*... in long black gloves.*

Hmm, I thought I had my accessories covered, but that's an idea.

*Not me. I have a lot to show for it. Just ask around.*

Is this the kind of thing that's getting whispered about in those backrooms? ;)

... in long black gloves.

Hmm, I thought I had my accessories covered, but that's an idea.

Every trashy dame should have a pair... or ten. They are quite good for strangling. Trust me. :)

Not me. I have a lot to show for it. Just ask around.

Is this the kind of thing that's getting whispered about in those backrooms? ;)

Naaaah. I get smacked in broad daylight with that. The whispers are reserved for...

*Naaaah. I get smacked in broad daylight with that.*

I was going to say....I think that might get you sent to jail or something.

*The whispers are reserved for...*

Yeeessssssss? Go ahead. You can tell me.

Every trashy dame should have a pair... or ten. They are quite good for strangling. *Trust me*

Hmmmmmm.......

I was going to say....I think that might get you sent to jail or something.

I have found myself in the hot-hot seat quite a few times, and there are some around here who do not hesitate in pulling the lever.

The whispers are reserved for...

Yeeessssssss? Go ahead. You can tell me.

It seems as if the next page is blank.

Every trashy dame should have a pair... or ten. They are quite good for strangling. Trust me

Hmmmmmm.......

Is that mulling, pondering, or ruminating? I've got an idea. Why don't we think together along the river? I know just the spot. I'll even pick you some wild roses.

Mr. Bat: Care to 'splain WHY you liked *A Lonely Place* best of all? Is it because the *Shop* was closed?

Minya: I didn't know you were a classic film "newbie" too! I'd love to know your answers to those questions, too.

Grimes isn't really "new" to classics, he's just _slow_. :P

Message was edited by: MissGoddess

Good morn, Annie Laurie Starr -- Oh, so you have heard the whispers, after all.

No, but I have a very active imagination.

Are you positive you are not related to Sweet T?

Bad morn, Evil Temptress -- Mr. Bat: Care to 'splain WHY you liked A Lonely Place best of all?

The examination of love (and the fear that sometimes accompanies it) in a film noir setting fascinates me so. The film has steadily risen to become one of my favorite films noir, and my favorite Nick Ray flick.

Is it because the Shop was closed?

:P

Minya: I didn't know you were a classic film "newbie" too! I'd love to know your answers to those questions, too.

That's right, rough her up, too.

What are your answers for your own questions, Classic Film WOMAN?

Grimes isn't really "new" to classics, he's just slow.

And the broad daylight smacks begin. Is there truth to what the Goddess speaks? That's beside the point! :P

"Steadily risen"? Does that mean you've actually watched it repeatedly? Did you dvd

of No Country for Old Men wear out?

What are your answers for your own questions, Classic Film WOMAN

Oh for goodness sake I can't remember what I watched in the last week much less

in the last year! I'll have to recruit some new brain cells and get back to you.

"Steadily risen"? Does that mean you've actually watched it repeatedly?

Yes. I have watched In a Lonely Place three times since my first viewing, earlier this year. I will need a fourth viewing to write about it, though.

Did you dvd of No Country for Old Men wear out?

:P I've watched it once. Would you like me to post some caps for you? I know it's a great favorite of yours.

What are your answers for your own questions, Classic Film WOMAN

Oh for goodness sake I can't remember what I watched in the last week much less

in the last year! I'll have to recruit some new brain cells and get back to you.

notorious1-2.jpg