Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

The Annual FrankGrimes Torture Thread

okay kenny boy i am! to save poor swet april from your agonizing meanness!!

*Greer Garson?! She's trashy! All that gal does is teach young impressionable girls to hurt guys. She's a horrible homewrecker and she's quick to seek annulments. Such values.*

oh really? wow, what an active imgainatiom you seem to lead. heehee!

*I actually LOVE the pic of Greer in front of the fire. That is one of the best photos I have seen on this board. The look in her eyes, the dress, and the setting is enchanting. The fire truly is burning.*

is one of my favorites too...i thought one of these enchanting pics had to make you feel all mushy...did it work? i think so!!

So you want to hit me just to see if I cry? You've been talking to Kimmy Kurtains WAY too much. I'm definitely a toy, though.

*I was checking out Katy Perry's other songs, and, shockingly, I like them! I like her voice, her sound, and what she sings about. I like these two songs:*

gee, thanks for posting those lyrics. honestly frankie! i already knew what they said.....im kind of afraid to mention it, but one of the server ggot me into katy perry so i went out to buy her CD. its so different than everything else i have, but i just love her music.....although that song, "i kissed a girl" really isnt a good song. i can never get used to hearing that one. it kind of makes me sickening, but i like her other songs.....greer would probably be insulted at the mention of me liking m,usic like this, but i just would like to say that i am so sorry!!! i am so sorry greer that i like this, HELP ME!!!!! okay im good, i just had to get that off my chest right now. heehee!

*As we kind gentlemen like to say, "sappy Pappy is crappy!" He makes Greer Garson seem heavenly, which is saying a lot.*

hey, that sappy crappy stuff is really good for you!! if you dont believe me, ask greer herself! she'll tell you that sappiness in the world is very relaxing and wonderful....it just makes you wanna cry!....i felt like crying yesterday....but thats another story in itself. heehee!

Good eve, Invisible Woman -- okay kenny boy i am! to save poor swet april from your agonizing meanness!!

Who is that speaking? Is this the ghost of Greer past?

I actually LOVE the pic of Greer in front of the fire. That is one of the best photos I have seen on this board. The look in her eyes, the dress, and the setting is enchanting. The fire truly is burning.

is one of my favorites too...i thought one of these enchanting pics had to make you feel all mushy...did it work? i think so!!

It worked!

gee, thanks for posting those lyrics. honestly frankie! i already knew what they said

Yes, but others needed to see you wanted to hit me and make me cry. More proof of just how horrible an influence Greer Garson has been on you.

im kind of afraid to mention it, but one of the server ggot me into katy perry so i went out to buy her CD. its so different than everything else i have, but i just love her music.....although that song, "i kissed a girl" really isnt a good song. i can never get used to hearing that one. it kind of makes me sickening, but i like her other songs.....greer would probably be insulted at the mention of me liking m,usic like this, but i just would like to say that i am so sorry!!! i am so sorry greer that i like this, HELP ME!!!!! okay im good, i just had to get that off my chest right now. heehee!

Let me get this right, you have decided to turn invisible so that you can go around kissing girls? This is not good. More bad influences. :P

I never heard of Katy Perry until you provided that link. I liked what I heard.

As we kind gentlemen like to say, "sappy Pappy is crappy!" He makes Greer Garson seem heavenly, which is saying a lot.

hey, that sappy crappy stuff is really good for you!! if you dont believe me, ask greer herself! she'll tell you that sappiness in the world is very relaxing and wonderful....it just makes you wanna cry!....i felt like crying yesterday....but thats another story in itself. heehee!

If you felt like crying, you must have been watching one of the many Greer films where she intentionally rips the heart out of a man.

Good eve, Snippy WOMAN -- Yayyy!! Thank heavens, you're just in time! Imagine him posting a picture of me burping. How indecorous!!

notorious2-2.jpg

*Yayyy!! Thank heavens, you're just in time! Imagine him posting a picture of me burping. How indecorous!!*

i know!! can you imagine him posting that about you? honestly! he obviously needs some improving in his manners! ;)

so how have you been dahlink!! by the way, i mailed your BIG package today in the mail, so you should get it by at least friday or saturday. i hope you like it....its decorated all pretty for you!

> {quote:title=butterscotchgreer wrote:}{quote}

> i know!! can you imagine him posting that about you? honestly! he obviously needs some improving in his manners! ;)

>

> so how have you been dahlink!! by the way, i mailed your BIG package today in the mail, so you should get it by at least friday or saturday. i hope you like it....its decorated all pretty for you!

Bonsoir, petite dahlink! Nice to see you back! And merci beaucoup for the package, I can't wait

to get it!!

Oooooooh...now you have a MARILYN film that I don't have on dvd (I have the VHS)! That's not fair! You take the fun out of being mean. Did you buy it separately or did you get the box set it's in?

Oooooooh...now you have a MARILYN film that I don't have on dvd (I have the VHS)!

:P

Did you buy it separately or did you get the box set it's in?

What box set is it in?

That's not fair! You take the fun out of being mean.

longgrayline1.jpg

What box set is it in?

You just can't answer a direct question can you?

I was asking you a legit question. Well, what box set is Bus Stop in?

And I bet you went through the whole of The Long Gray Line just looking for a line like that. :P

longgrayline6.jpg

It's in this one, which I guess is out of print---this is the VHS box set I have, in DVD:

http://www.amazon.com/Marilyn-Monroe-Collection-Millionaire-Gentlemen/dp/B000059GEK/ref=sr_1_14?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1218068764&sr=8-14

Fox has fudged around with her movies, reissueing box sets with different contents each

time.

"When did you ever here me utter a cross word, ya addlepated flibbertigibbet?"

You see? You just can't keep a civil tongue in your head. You should go on report!

Suzie07.jpg?t=1218069083

"When did you ever here me utter a cross word, ya addlepated flibbertigibbet?"

You see? You just can't keep a civil tongue in your head. You should go on report!

You are always looking to hand me over to the authorities. I don't blame ya. :)

It's in this one, which I guess is out of print---this is the VHS box set I have, in DVD:

That box is OOP. To get it new at Amazon, it would cost $150. No, I don't have Bus Stop in a box set.

riverofnoreturn1.jpg

*Minya: I didn't know you were a classic film "newbie" too! I'd love to know your answers to those questions, too.*

Yes, I'm a total noob. :) Well, at least in the really watching and becoming familiar with names. I've always been aware of classic fims and had some favorites, but now I'm delvng more into it. My DVR is steadily filling up. :)

Grimes isn't really "new" to classics, *he's just slow.*

Yes, I kind of realized that right from the beginning. :)

I wish the pharoah in my dreams looked like this:

yul1.jpg

Do you concur with me that John Ford is one of America's greatest directors?

Do you agree that Greer Garson was robbed of an Oscar for P&P?

Would you rather spend your honeymoon in an Irish or Scottish castle, or at some beach resort?

Does food excite you at all, except as sustenance?

I'm assuming you put black pepper on pizza.

What is your favorite Marilyn film?

What is your favorite Hitch movie?

Do you think John Wayne is one of the most underrated American actors?

Who is the most overrated?

If you woke up one morning next to Anna Magnani, would you consider yourself lucky? Or would you be hoping it was Sophia Loren?

If you were a cartoon character, who would you be?

The Tasmanian Devil?

Message was edited by: Bronxgirl48

Yeehaw, Farmer Minya! -- Yes, I'm a total noob. :)

A few other words quickly come to mind. :P

Well, at least in the really watching and becoming familiar with names. I've always been aware of classic fims and had some favorites, but now I'm delvng more into it. My DVR is steadily filling up.

So, what's filling up your DVR? Swashies?

Grimes isn't really "new" to classics, he's just slow.

Yes, I kind of realized that right from the beginning.

Hey! What did I do to deserve such a smack from you? Where have you hidden my rock?

Good morning, Lady B!

Oooh, another fun quiz!

Do you concur with me that John Ford is one of America's greatest directors?

Such blarney! :P

Do you agree that Greer Garson was robbed of an Oscar for P&P?

She wasn't even nominated. Ginger Rogers won for Kitty Foyle. Bette Davis (The Letter), Joan Fontaine (Rebecca), Katharine Hepburn (The Philadelphia Story), and Martha Scott (Our Town) were the other nominees. I've only seen Fontaine and Davis' performances, and I like both more than Greer's in Pride and Prejudice.

Would you rather spend your honeymoon in an Irish or Scottish castle, or at some beach resort?

I'd let my bride choose. If it were my choice, I'd go with a beach resort for comfort but I'd end up selecting a castle for the romance. Irish or Scottish? I have no idea.

Does food excite you at all, except as sustenance?

It really doesn't. Chicken corn soup, Grotto pizza, and Philly cheesesteaks excite me the most.

I'm assuming you put black pepper on pizza.

Nope. I don't use black pepper that much.

What is your favorite Marilyn film?

Clash by Night, but my favorite "Marilyn" film is The Misfits. I haven't seen the majority of her films, though.

What is your favorite Hitch movie?

Psycho, but Rear Window is my favorite to watch and I think it's only a matter of time before I say Vertigo is my favorite.

Do you think John Wayne is one of the most underrated American actors?

Do you really think I'd shoot straight with ya on this one, pilgrimess?

Who is the most overrated?

Mary Cooper! :P

If you woke up one morning next to Anna Magnani, would you consider yourself lucky? Or would you be hoping it was Sophia Loren?

Claudia Cardinale! I haven't seen a single Anna or Sophia film. I really don't know Anna at all. I have not been lying about my newness to classic film.

If you were a cartoon character, who would you be?

Are you asking who I wish to be or who I think I'm most like? I'd love to be Batman. Who I am is much tougher. Maybe, Bean Scout Lazlo.

Lazlo is a ?happy-go-lucky? spider monkey whose free-spirted nature inspires the other two members of the jelly trio ? Raj and Clam to follow him. Lazlo?s optimistic outlook is basically a contrast to Scoutmaster Lumpus? cynical personality.

Lazlo is carefree and creative, and the mischief that he leads himself and his friends into is all in good fun and by no means malicious in nature. Squirrel Scout Patsy has a well known crush on him.

The Tasmanian Devil?

Wile E. Coyote.

camplazlo.jpg

Hey, J-Girl! -- I'm very happy to see you back on the board!

check out this picture of Connie as Rasputin. Doesn't he look intimidating? Wish there was a way to see this film.

That's a great pic of Connie! I like his piercing eyes. There are quite a few Veidt films I wish we could see. The one I most wish I could see is Der Januskopf (1920). Connie as Jekyll & Hyde directed by F.W. Murnau. Perfect!

*Hey! What did I do to deserve such a smack from you? Where have you hidden my rock?*

Absolutely nothing and I'm very sorry. No, really! If you could see my face you would see a very contrite expression. Please now-put those rocks away back in that bag you're always carrying. :)

There, now that we're friends again why don't you tell me what the whispering is all about? There's cookies in it for you if you come up with something really interesting.

*So, what's filling up your DVR? Swashies?*

No swashies! Sheesh, I can barely remember....ummm..well, in addition to some TV stuff (Venture Bros, Metalocalypse, one of my all time favorite episodes of the X-Files)I have broken Blossoms and Bitter Tea Of General Yen, Larceny Inc., Midsummer Night's Dream (1935), Man Bites Dog, Breathless, The Rainmaker, Auntie Mame (I don't have it on DVD yet), Seven Samurai (I have another Kurosawa film on there, but I can't remember what it is), The Big Sleep, The lady Eve and a bunch of others that I'm forgetting. I still have three movies form Netflix that I haven't watched and I've had them for over a month.

*Maybe, Bean Scout Lazlo.*

Joe Murray, who created Camp Lazlo also did one of my favorite toons-Rocko's Modern Life.

You must have gone on an MM "spree"! Trust you to zoom in on the pole dance. :P Some of her moves in that number are really very suggestive, I'm surprised the censors let her get away with it and I'm sure you're glad they did.

This is the movie Robert Mitchum rather ungallantly referred to Marilyn's lips looking like a guppy gaping for air. LOL What a rogue.

mm-singinginriverofnoreturn2.jpg

> {quote:title=Minya wrote:}{quote}

> *You should go on report!*

>

> Or to the devil. ;)

>

> I just love that saying.

>

> Good substitutes are "You go straight to the horned one" or "straight to the hot place".

Ha haaa!! I've tried to tell him in a hundred different ways but he keeps coming back!

cleop13-1.jpg

dahlink april!

*Bonsoir, petite dahlink! Nice to see you back! And merci beaucoup for the package, I can't wait*

*to get it!!*

yes im back!! sorry i left early last night, my silly computer was acting up again. itll never happen again, i promise! or ill try. heehee! when you get the package you have to tell me what you think.

bonjour mon meanie frankie person! heehee!

*Who is that speaking? Is this the ghost of Greer past?*

that is so cold, its not even funny! but im giggling anyway. heehee!

its me, princess belle, you do remember me dont you? pretty please with puppy doggy eyes!

*is one of my favorites too...i thought one of these enchanting pics had to make you feel all mushy...did it work? i think so!!*

*It worked!*

"well honk my ****! you do speak english, you big faker!"

*Yes, but others needed to see you wanted to hit me and make me cry. More proof of just how horrible an influence Greer Garson has been on you.*

now sarously, darlin', do you really think greer of all people in the world would place a bad influence upon me, the innocent sweet little teenager. honestly, think about this for one moment. heehee!

*Let me get this right, you have decided to turn invisible so that you can go around kissing girls? This is not good. More bad influences.*

okay, first of all...........that's not right! and anywhere in her movies, do you see greer kissing another girl? goodness, just the thought is making me want to faint, falling backwards......second of all, there is no way on this earth i would even think of kissing another girl.......ewwww.

*I never heard of Katy Perry until you provided that link. I liked what I heard.*

oh yeah katy perry is apparently really out there right now with her number one hit, "i kissed a girl." i dont like that song, but i like her voice.

*If you felt like crying, you must have been watching one of the many Greer films where she intentionally rips the heart out of a man.*

NO!! greer is too sweet, she would never do such a horride thing like rip the heart out of her man. just because she left to go over the ocaen without him, doesnt neccessarily mean she ripped his heart out. she knew it was for the best and they couldnt be together at that time. i mean really, they got together at the end! trust me, if they hadnt gotten together in the end, i wouldnt like the movie as much as i do, and you know that. :)

yes im back!! sorry i left early last night, my silly computer was acting up again. itll never happen again, i promise! or ill try.

Bonjour, again, Miss Jackie-in-the-Box (pops in, pops out!). :D Did you see my pictures of

young Duke Wayne in the Western Gallery?

If not...I could always post them here...for TORTURE to someone... :P