Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

The Annual FrankGrimes Torture Thread

*I just know I'll have to be prepared before I watch it. I've heard for years how affecting her*

*performance is and I fully believe I'll be balling all over the place.*

oh yeah! you better be prepared all right. before i watched it, i told myself, that i was going to cry, i wasnt going to cry, but surekly enough it was niagra falls almost through the entire movie. oy!

*Oh! I totally forgot to mention one of my favorites! It's called (in the U.S.) More than a Miracle*

*and stars her charmingly with Omar Sharif. It's a twist on the Cinderella tale and it's so*

*sweet and imaginative and whimsical. TCM sometimes airs it, I wish I had it recorded.*

oh my goodness! i completely forgot about that movie! i LOVE that one! i feel ashamed of myself for that! unfortunately i dont have a copy of that either....maybe grandmama does, she has everything. heehee! ill just have to ask her. i dont think i have seen that movie since i was like 8 or 9. i remember loving it! because of course it had Omar Sharif and she showed it to me, b/c i absolutely loved him in Funny Girl with Barbra Streisand.....yes whimsical has to be the best word to describe that movie. i cant think of a better word at the moment.

*I certainly will, I'm very anxious to see it after hearing so much about it. I know I'll be impressed,*

*I do like the stars and the director, Anthony Mann.*

of course it is good...anthony mann always made great movies! i dont think he ever made a bad movie. he's definitely one of my favorite directors. he has made some of the best movies in the business. maybe we should make an anthony mann list! yay!

oh my goodness! i completely forgot about that movie! i LOVE that one! i feel ashamed of myself for that! unfortunately i dont have a copy of that either....maybe grandmama does, she has everything. heehee! ill just have to ask her. i dont think i have seen that movie since i was like 8 or 9. i remember loving it! because of course it had Omar Sharif and she showed it to me, b/c i absolutely loved him in Funny Girl with Barbra Streisand.....yes whimsical has to be the best word to describe that movie. i cant think of a better word at the moment.

Do you remember the business with the bread balls? Omar tells her she has to bake these little

bread balls, I forget why, something to do with magic or a wish coming true and she does it but

all the time she's so mad at him because he teases her. They're so cute together. I love Sophia

best when she gets mad, she's so funny!

anthony mann always made great movies! i dont think he ever made a bad movie. he's definitely one of my favorite directors. he has made some of the best movies in the business. maybe we should make an anthony mann list! yay!

I bet you've seen more than I! Which are your favorites by him?

*Do you remember the business with the bread balls? Omar tells her she has to bake these little*

*bread balls, I forget why, something to do with magic or a wish coming true and she does it but*

*all the time she's so mad at him because he teases her. They're so cute together. I love Sophia*

*best when she gets mad, she's so funny!*

heehee! very vaguely, but yes sort of. i do remember something about the bread balls, but not all of it. i only remember a few scenes from that movie. one of those bread balls scenes always sticks out in my mind when i think of this movie, but i dont remember the whole scenes. i DO rembmer her getting really mad a lot at him though. i love when she gets mad and throws those fits in Housboat. she makes me laugh when gets mad in that movie a lot.

My favorite right now is C'era una Volta, but this is definitely NOT a Frank movie.... Yes, Boy on a Dolphin.

Hi Jackie! Isn't C'era una Volta (More than a Miracle) wonderful? I wish TCM would

show it again or that it would come to dvd.

I love the Greek locales in Boy on a Dolphin---it's simply gorgeous. Frank will like Sophia's

own "scenery", too. ;)

my favorites of anthony mann in order of like. i bet i havent seen more than you. ;)

1)The Glenn Miller Story

Man of the West

Strategic Air Command

El Cid

Cimarron (1960)

Sing Your Way Home

Serenade

The Naked Spur

Quo Vadis

The Tall Target

Winchester '73

T-Men

The Bamboo Blonde

Strangers in the Night

My Best Gal

Nobody's Darling

Moonlight in Havana

Message was edited by: butterscotchgreer

my favorites of anthony mann in order of like. i bet i havent seen more than you. ;)

1)The Glenn Miller Story

man of the west

strategic air command

el cid

cimarron

sing your way home

serenade

the naked spur

quo vadis

the tall target

winchester 73

t-men

the bamboo blonde

strangers in the night

my best gal

nobody's darling

moonlight in havana

> {quote:title=butterscotchgreer wrote:}{quote}

> my favorites of anthony mann in order of like. i bet i havent seen more than you. ;)

>

> 1)The Glenn Miller Story

> man of the west

> strategic air command

> el cid

> cimarron

> sing your way home

> serenade

> the naked spur

> quo vadis

> the tall target

> winchester 73

> t-men

> the bamboo blonde

> strangers in the night

> my best gal

> nobody's darling

> moonlight in havana

>

> Message was edited by: butterscotchgreer

Good grief, THERESA!! I haven't seen MOST of the movies on your list, I never even

heard of some of them! You are the most amazing girl. I think Robert Osborne really

needs you to co-host with him. :)

OK, I've seen 9 on your list of 17.

Here's my list, sort of in order of preference:

Man of the West :x

The Far Country

The Furies

Thunder Bay

The Man from Laramie

Winchester '73

Devil's Doorway

Raw Deal

The Tall Target

The Glenn Miller Story ;)

There are many I still haven't seen, besides those you mention they include: The Black Book (only seen snippets, it looked good), Border Incident, and The Great Flamarion.

Message was edited by: MissGoddess

*Good grief, THERESA!! I haven't seen MOST of the movies on your list, I never even*

*heard of some of them! You are the most amazing girl. I think Robert Osborne really*

*needs you to co-host with him.*

oh sont be silly, im not that amazing. but i would LOVE to be a co-host with robert osborne....maybe he can tell me what it was like to actually interview junie, and angela, and all the others i love! boy, i would pick some really good movies to show too and we could chat about them and he could tell mew things i havent heard about them......oooooohh! how exciting that would be!

*Here's my list, sort of in order of preference:*

*Man of the West*

*The Far Country*

*The Furies*

*Thunder Bay*

*The Man from Laramie*

*Winchester '73*

*Devil's Doorway*

*Raw Deal*

*The Tall Target*

HEY YOU LEFT OUT GLENN MILLER!!! how dare you? ;) heehee!

great list though. :)

*And you didn't even list my favorite Mann flick.*

oh really? then what would be your favorite mann flick?

*Typical*

APRIL!! get out the caramel and the peanuts....ill go round up some ephalents. i hope the duke sdoesnt mind, especially since frankie doesnt like him. heehee!

*And where's Coop?*

i put coop in there if you can read!! heehee! my goodness! one of the first ones on the list is Man of the West. honestly!

APRIL!! get out the caramel and the peanuts....ill go round up some ephalents. i hope the duke sdoesnt mind, especially since frankie doesnt like him. heehee!

Here we come! And we will stampede him if he doesn't watch out!

3stampede.jpg

*Besides Duke & Sophia and Duke and Kate, how about Jimmy Stewart and Marlene*

*Dietrich in Destry Rides Again?*

heehee! i so agree with jimmy and marlene! they are an unusual couple. marlene belonged to someone more on the naughty side. ;)

okay even though i absolutely love and adore Funny Face, i always found freddy astaire and audrey hepburn a rather odd couple, as well as audrey and bogie, but i still love them to death together in those movies.