Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

The Annual FrankGrimes Torture Thread

Here are some more of my favorite actresses:

Barbara Stanwyck, Margaret Rutherford, Deborah Kerr, Jane Darwell,

Linda Darnell, Julie Andrews, Susan Hayward, Wendy Hiller, Anna Magnani, Ruth Hussey, Ruby Dee, and yes, Greer Garson.

I'm looking forward to seeing RANDOM HARVEST tonight; my first viewing, by the way.

I'm sure I'll like her even more afterwards; more torture for you!

Oops, I hear thunder.

We might be getting a hurricane coming our way next week.

I'm stocked up with the canned goods and water.

Message was edited by: Bronxgirl48

My computer problems have been taken care of, also my a/c. the latter thanks to the Casper Gutman lookalike.

But my weird dreams continue...

Check out Black Books and Father Ted.

You won't stop laughing.

Of course plants have thoughts. Didn't you ever see Kevin Kostner thinking?

Oh yes, my lasts...very hard, but let me try. Last meal: it would have to be many courses of one dinner: appetizers would start out with homemade chicken noodle soup and saltines, chopped chicken liver on rye bread, roast chicken or turkey with gravy, stuffing, corn souffle, brussel sprouts, roasted potatoes, french fries too, hot buttermilk biscuits oozing with melted butter. then for dessert Brie and red grapes, followed by chocolate mousse.

Last actress: I'm working on this.

Last film: Ditto, but maybe the 1933 LITTLE WOMEN.

So Alma and Hitch were both Leos.

I get along well with that sign.

Too bad you don't have it in your chart.

> {quote:title=CineMaven wrote:}{quote}

> Miss G., if I may, I'd be curious to hear your first-timer thoughts on "RANDOM HARVEST" over in the Greer Garson thread. It's a great movie and I can live vicariously through your vision.

Why grazie CM but I've seen RH many times---Miss BronxLady is the one who is about to

take her _first_ plunge. I consider it a perfectly lovely example of classical Hollywood romance

and it's one of my favorite movie love stories. Colman's performance is one of the most

sensitive and nuanced I've ever seen, especially in the early part (Mr Grimes' inaccurate

opinions notwithstandings).

> {quote:title=Bronxgirl48 wrote:}{quote}

> The only thing that would implode my PC is a buck naked Duke.

>

> Hey, any other Dramatic animals?

I'll see what I can do for you.

I mean about fauna dramatica. lol

Thank you for the frigid felicitations Frank. That cap almost makes up for the wording. :)

Is that Criterion version, hmmmm? The picture looks sharp enough to be.

See you 'round the American Express. :P

Charade-Roof4.jpg

> {quote:title=Bronxgirl48 wrote:}{quote}

> Sign me up for Sunnydale Rest Farm.

>

> Audrey Hepburn too.

Sunnydale or Happy Dale? The rest of Cary's family is already there. Chaaaaaarge!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cary_grant_wild_450.jpg

Ooooh, poor Bronxling, maybe you need a Daily Kitten. Yes, there is such a

thing as a website that posts a different kitten-face every day:

http://thedailykitten.com/

Or better yet just relax with a picture full of Bellini's and *The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance*...

http://www.gourmetsleuth.com/bellinirecipe.htm

Okay...so I wandered in here for the first time today, having a bit of free time on my hands (incredible in itself lately) and hoping to get the opportunity to ridicule and mock Frank Grimes, who is in dire need of massive quantities of mocking ridicule. I mean, anyone who cannot see the breathtaking talent and beauty of Gary Cooper is truly deserving of any and all ridicule thrown his way, as far as I am concerned. :P

But, while I'm not gonna go back over 111 pages, I'm not seeing much ridicule in here. Needless to say, disappointment abounds. :P

So what is it you guys use this thread for? Gimme the executive summary.

*Sunnydale or Happy Dale? The rest of Cary's family is already there. Chaaaaaarge!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!*

Best movie ever.

*Aunt Abby Brewster: Just the thought of Jonathan frightens me. Do you remember how he used to cut worms in half with his teeth?*

*Mortimer Brewster: Oh, Jonathan? He's probably in prison or hanged or something by now.*

i cant believe this!! i cant believe this!! yes!! yes!! yes!!

we have done it again!! the second olympics in a row!!

mary lou retton, carly patterson and now nastia liukin takes the gold in the all around individual women'as gymnastics competition!! and just for you information frankie shawn took the silver!!! this is soooooooooooo amazing!! you cant contain me right now...even though momma is in Colorado right now, we are on the phone screaming in happiness!! i feel like crying for the both of them..... oh goodness me!

*Your two girls came through! I only got to see the vault. I thought Nastia deserved a better mark. She was perfect on the vault.*

i thought they both deserved better marks, but nastia made perfect landings and was at the top of her game today all the way!! shawn could have gotten the gold if the judges were more fair about the judging, but her usual flawless balance beam routine wasnt quite as magnificent unfortunately. the rest of her routines were amazing though! im very proud of both my girls! yay!

you cant contain me right now...even though momma is in Colorado right now, we are on the phone screaming in happiness!! i feel like crying for the both of them..... oh goodness me!

I pity your dad. How can he put up with two silly gals is beyond me. :P :p

So what is it you guys use this thread for? Gimme the executive summary.

Hi Beda! Oh we get plenty of "torture" in between these periods where we lull him into

a false sense of security! :P In the mean time, it's become a sort of catch-all thread for

musings on bicycles, anoles, breakfast cereal, John Wayne, angry mittens, Greer Garson

and daily kittens. Some of which is torture for FrankGrimes.