Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

The Annual FrankGrimes Torture Thread

*I'm thinking June will be the kick-off and I'll start with Ford*

I just knew that you and MissG would get me to watch Ford again...and again...and again.

_Hey, Hey FrankG_ -- Did you see who's in first in the NL Central with the second-best record in the NL? Didya, huh, huh? Now we're beating up NY teams. Oh, we know it can't last, but already the second 100 years is looking better than the first. Maybe we can pass baseball notes in class while the others are discussing Fordian slips.

hey ChiO!!

Did you see who's in first in the NL Central with the second-best record in the NL? Didya, huh, huh? Now we're beating up NY teams. Oh, we know it can't last, but already the second 100 years is looking better than the first. Maybe we can pass baseball notes in class while the others are discussing Fordian slips.

ha! i saw that too!! i certainly hope we do better this 100 year around finally. heehee!

Hi-di-ho, ChiO -- Did you see who's in first in the NL Central with the second-best record in the NL? Didya, huh, huh?

Is it the Bucs?

Now we're beating up NY teams. Oh, we know it can't last, but already the second 100 years is looking better than the first.

:D I'm only at the beginning of my "100 years."

Maybe we can pass baseball notes in class while the others are discussing Fordian slips.

Like I'm going to be in a Ford class. I'll meet you in the boy's room. I do my best writing on the wall. I'll make sure to let you know which number NOT to call for a good time. :P:P

Howdy, ButterscotchGLORIA -- i certainly hope so! you know me, i feel guilty if im mean all day to you. heehee!

All day? More like, always.

althought its more than you deserve!

What?! I deserve so much more. You force me to watch two Greer films, Smithy's Random Harvesting of Female Victims and The Valley of Decisive Homewrecking, and my reward is abuse. I thought you would be appreciative, but there's no satisfying you. You're starting to remind me of another snippy, pushy, stubborn, wrongheaded girl around here. I told you she's bad for you.

> Maybe we can pass baseball notes in class while the others are discussing Fordian slips.

>

> Like I'm going to be in a Ford class. I'll meet you in the boy's room. I do my best writing on the wall. I'll make sure to let you know which number NOT to call for a good time. :P:P >>

Frankie,

I'm hurt. Really. That you wouldn't want to learn more about Ford and share your knowledge with the rest of us.

Of all the girls here, I've been the one that tortures you the least and this is how you say thank you?

I'm taking my wagon and going home. sniff, sniff.

All day? More like, always.

okay you just made me start crying! where's my gardenia hanky?!

What?! I deserve so much more. You force me to watch two Greer films, Smithy's Random Harvesting of Female Victims and The Valley of Decisive Homewrecking, and my reward is abuse. I thought you would be appreciative, but there's no satisfying you. You're starting to remind me of another snippy, pushy, stubborn, wrongheaded girl around here. I told you she's bad for you.

I MADE YOU WHAT?!! goodness me! iexcuse me, while i go over some of those PMs.....i believe you asked me if i wanted you to watch them when they came on TCM, but i said i wasnt going to make you watch anything....you said, and i quote, "i dont mind watching them." so i agreed since you didnt mind....ever since then, you have tortured my poor greer! oh poor greer! i'd give her a hug, but she isnt here right now! heehee!

wow i justlet it all out.....so there! heehee! let me catch my breath for a second.

as i was saying.....april where's the vat of boiling chocolate?! ;)

I see he's pulling the old "i dont mind watching them." schtick that he tricks you with and then turns on you and blames you for "making" him watch 'trashy' films. Unbelievable.

Boiling chocolate sounds too pleasant.

Howdy, Hurt Lynn -- I'm hurt. Really. That you wouldn't want to learn more about Ford and share your knowledge with the rest of us.

I'll sit quietly in class and let others "educate" me. I've been told I have a lot to learn about hack directors like Ford, so I'll at least listen.

Of all the girls here, I've been the one that tortures you the least and this is how you say thank you? I'm taking my wagon and going home. sniff, sniff.

The least? Who are you tryin' to fool? You're sneakier than Butterscotch when it comes to torture. Let's see, there's "sniff, sniff," "flashing puppy dog eyes," and "go to the devil." Hmmm. The one sentiment is rather pushy and dripping in snippiness.

Howdy, Fordy Guns -- I see he's pulling the old "i dont mind watching them." schtick that he tricks you with and then turns on you and blames you for "making" him watch 'trashy' films. Unbelievable.

:D I just wish y'all had some taste. Don't you girls like love and romance? None of the films you have suggested to me contain any love and romance. All I've seen are films about women purposely hurting men. I guess y'all find that to be romantic and quite loving.

Boiling chocolate sounds too pleasant.

What would be unpleasant, Miss Unpleasant?

Hiya, ButtersneakHomeWreckinGREER -- All day? More like, always.

okay you just made me start crying! where's my gardenia hanky?!

I hid it in the bushes, Liza.

I MADE YOU WHAT?!! goodness me! iexcuse me, while i go over some of those PMs.....i believe you asked me if i wanted you to watch them when they came on TCM, but i said i wasnt going to make you watch anything....you said, and i quote, "i dont mind watching them." so i agreed since you didnt mind....ever since then, you have tortured my poor greer! oh poor greer! i'd give her a hug, but she isnt here right now! heehee!

Smithy must have hit you on the head again. Everyone knows I'd never watch a film like Pride and Prejudice, especially since I know it's a favorite of yours. I like film noir and films with lots of blood and sex. I would be the last person to watch a trashy film like Pride and Prejudice.

wow i justlet it all out.....so there! heehee! let me catch my breath for a second.

That's the precise feeling of a femme fatale who has just strangled a man to death with her long black gloves.

as i was saying.....april where's the vat of boiling chocolate?!

Put your little finishing school doll down. She cannot do a thing to me.

Of all the girls here, I've been the one that tortures you the least and this is how you say thank you? I'm taking my wagon and going home. sniff, sniff.

The least? Who are you tryin' to fool? You're sneakier than Butterscotch when it comes to torture. Let's see, there's "sniff, sniff," "flashing puppy dog eyes," and "go to the devil." Hmmm. The one sentiment is rather pushy and dripping in snippiness.>>

Oh now, Frankie, you know that after Kyle you are my favorite and I'm not being snippy. I try very hard not to be snippy with you because, unlike the other dames in your life, I actually like your opinions and think you are a well-read guy.

But, if you doubt my sincerity, I guess I'll always be second best with you. A girl can live with that considering the competition around here.

Did you watch *Harvey* this morning?

and "go to the devil." Hmmm. The one sentiment is rather pushy and dripping in snippiness...

I just wish y'all had some taste. Don't you girls like love and romance? None of the films you have suggested to me contain any love and romance. All I've seen are films about women purposely hurting men. I guess y'all find that to be romantic and quite loving.

Are these comments addressed to me or to some "doll" you keep inflating at home? Because you're hitting the reply button on my name, Mister. I don't exist, remember? :P

Like I'm going to be in a Ford class. I'll meet you in the boy's room. I do my best writing on the wall. I'll make sure to let you know which number NOT to call for a good time.

Come on, it'll be fun! We'll even have a school dance! :D

PP01.jpg?t=1208986344

PP02.jpg?t=1208986468

PP03.jpg?t=1208986500

PP04.jpg?t=1208986539

Angie! That means YOU and COOP! ;)

"where is this class suppose to be? i would very much like to attend. i love learning new things!......i hope our teacher is exciting, my economics teacher could put betty hutton to sleep. heehee!"

Put Betty Hutton to sleep...I laughed out loud and I'm sitting inmy local bar with my laptop.

Looking at the class of Peyton Place below, it looks like this is before Brown v Board of Education. Hopefully we've all progressed and everyone is welcome. CUTTER: thanxx for the location of the class. I look forward to it.

Oh and for a good time call 212-DOUBLE-G. Gloria knows what to do.

Hola, Teacher's Pet -- I actually like your opinions and think you are well-read guy

Hee hee ha haaaa!!! Oooooh!

Signed: The Pretend Doll

I thought you'd eat that one up. :D:P

I just wish y'all had some taste. Don't you girls like love and romance? None of the films you have suggested to me contain any love and romance. All I've seen are films about women purposely hurting men. I guess y'all find that to be romantic and quite loving.

Are these comments addressed to me or to some "doll" you keep inflating at home? Because you're hitting the reply button on my name, Mister. I don't exist, remember? :P

Ohhh, I know the Goddess exists. There's 10,514 hot-air-inflated reasons to know you exist.

Like I'm going to be in a Ford class. I'll meet you in the boy's room. I do my best writing on the wall. I'll make sure to let you know which number NOT to call for a good time.

Come on, it'll be fun! We'll even have a school dance! :D

ChiO, are you paying attention? This is the one I was talking to you about in the boy's room.

This one is for the Sweet, Sneaky Girl.

betteroffdead2.jpg

betteroffdead1.jpg

betteroffdead3.jpg

betteroffdead4.jpg

betteroffdead5.jpg

betteroffdead6.jpg

betteroffdead7.jpg

betteroffdead8.jpg

So *this* is where you go to torture Frank huh? Only once a year though??? ;)

*Izcutter wrote:*

*I'm thinking classes should begin in June?*

*There will be another TCM Challenge in May (and my mom has to have surgery) so June is looking good for me.*

*Also, which of the topics should we start with?*

*Ingmar Bergman: Scenes from a Marriage and Beyond*

*Watch the Skies!: Science Fiction, 1950's and Us*

*Ford at Fox: The Emergence of a Hollywood Master*

*Silent Shadows: The Films of F.W. Murnau*

*I'm thinking the Filmmakers forum is probably the best place to hold class.*

*Am open to other ideas and starting times.*

Who's in charge here? Can I be in the class?

I promise I won't cause trouble. I'll be the brooding sensitive guy alone in the corner, with the dark hair and piercing killer eyes hidden behind the horn rimmed glasses. B-)

Murnau? yes, Ford? yes, 50's Sci Fi? yes, Bergman? Well if I have too.

Alright.

Oh and Frank,

Don't let them beat you down now!

Bye the way,

Double G was the answer to one of the the trivia questions over in the trivia thread today.

Who's in charge here? Can I be in the class? >>

I don't know if I'm in charge but since I'm heading the first class, I would like to welcome you to join us in June.

I promise I won't cause trouble. I'll be the brooding sensitive guy alone in the corner, with the dark hair and piercing killer eyes hidden behind the horn rimmed glasses. B-)>>

Sounds like the guys I went to film school with and would hang out with a long time ago.

Alright.>>

Everyone seems to feel that way about Bergman, I know I once I did. Then I saw *Fanny and Alexander* and I finally understood.

This should be alot of fun. At least I hope it is!

Oh and Frank,

Don't let them beat you down now!>>

I'm not beating him down. I called him well-read and complimented him but he refuses to comment about that instead calling me snippy and tells me to go to the devil.

BTW, Frankie, I'm still hurt.

*Everyone seems to feel that way about Bergman, I know I once I did. Then I saw Fanny and Alexander and I finally understood.*

I loved Bergman...but it was a phase I outgrew.

Wait until I get to lead a Fuller/Cassavetes class with the discussion starter of "Compare and contrast the acting techniques of Gene Evans and Timothy Carey, and explain why chewing the scenery is better than chewing the cigar."

Hey, Lynn, dear -- Oh now, Frankie, you know that after Kyle you are my favorite and I'm not being snippy.

Second favorite to Kyle? Can I get any lower? :P

I try very hard not to be snippy with you because, unlike the other dames in your life, I actually like your opinions and think you are a well-read guy.

Well, I must confess, you do treat me with great respect unlike some of the "ladies" around here. And my "snippy" reference was not in reference to you. No, MISS Snippy knows who the "snippy" comment was intended for.

But, if you doubt my sincerity, I guess I'll always be second best with you. A girl can live with that considering the competition around here.

You wouldn't want to be first best, trust me.

Did you watch Harvey this morning?

No, but I do have the DVD.

I'm not beating him down. I called him well-read and complimented him but he refuses to comment about that instead calling me snippy and tells me to go to the devil.

It's Snippy who likes to tell, uhhh, people to "go to the devil." I wouldn't do such a thing. I'm a traditional gentleman.

BTW, Frankie, I'm still hurt.

Doesn't my time spent on your "The Searchers" thread count for anything? There are some gals on this board who'd like for me to do the same just so they can run me out of town on a rail.

What's the score, Molo? -- So this is where you go to torture Frank huh? Only once a year though???

For some, it's every few hours.

"Ford, yes"? You just earned a lot of brownie points. You can have my Ford brownies. The Fordian ladies who baked them forgot to add taste. Enjoy.

Oh and Frank, Don't let them beat you down now!

Too late for that. I'm already down. There's only so much heartbreak one guy can take. I have some advice for you: don't be kind, gentle, and loving to the girls on this thread. That's all I have been to them and they have chosen to pay me back for such care by hurting me so.

Bye the way, Double G was the answer to one of the the trivia questions over in the trivia thread today.

Excellent! I just checked the thread and I see El Dorado Dan was the questioner. Dan is fantastic. He's very knowledgable and he asks the best trivia questions on the board.

You need to bump the Double G thread and I need to watch a Double G film.

What's the word, Cubs Mann? -- Wait until I get to lead a Fuller/Cassavetes class with the discussion starter of "Compare and contrast the acting techniques of Gene Evans and Timothy Carey, and explain why chewing the scenery is better than chewing the cigar."

Why is it that I sense a Fordian coup in that class?

ChiO,

I had the pleasure a long time ago, of meeting Cassavettes and Gena Rowlands at the end of a film tribute that we did for him.

During those years we had the good fortune to have a number of tributes to old and "new" Hollywood types that would culminate in an Evening with...., Everyone from Gene Kelly to Sam Peckinpah to Bud Boetticher to Don Siegel to Cassavettes to Orson Welles with Marty Scorsese and his traveling Film Preservation Show (with Thelma Schoonmacher accompanying him) just to remember a few..

Cassavettes and Rowlands were two of the best.

The best was an incredibly humble and modest Don Siegel who didn't understand why guys like Sam and Clint Eastwood would give up a weekend to come to USC to help him celebrate his career.

I look forward to your Fuller/Cassavettes class.