Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

The Annual FrankGrimes Torture Thread

*That place looks gorgeous, but I am sure it didn't look as good as the brunette Veronica! I like your taste in food, except dessert.....I would have gone for the chocolate....*

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwww! i didnt look near as beautiful as Veronica does. but thank you. ew no! heehee! me no liky chocolate. my tummy cant handle it. ;) ill just leave all the chocolate for you jackie...you can enjoy yourself...more for you. ;)

im glad you got the hint! i wanted to make your mouth water, so you could go out and eat something special. you always seem to be worried about your beautiful figure! have some fun with food! Italy doesnt count by the way....that was vacation. heehee! need i remind you of your black Gilda Dress? heehee!

No no no no! I HAVE to be skinny to fit into the "gilda" dress :)

> {quote:title=butterscotchgreer wrote:}{quote}

> *No no no no! I HAVE to be skinny to fit into the "gilda" dress*

>

> ugh! such excuses! you know youre already skinny! honestly! ;)

Ha! I'm just "normal" but I'm used to being slightly less than normal. :P

This has gotten seriously off-topic.

Dear Mr. FrankGrimes,

The classes that I have to chose from at Facets for the Sept/Oct session are:

Dangerous Seductions in the Dark: RICHARD WIDMARK, THE LAST FILM NOIR GIANT

Films screened and discussed:

*Kiss of Death* (Henry Hathaway, 1947)

*The Street with No Name* (William Keighley, 1948)

*Road House* (Jean Negulesco, 1948)

*Night and the City* (Jules Dassin, 1950)

*No Way Out* (Joseph L. Mankiewicz, 1950)

*Pickup on South Street* (Sam Fuller, 1953)

Through the Mirror: TIME AS SUBSTANCE IN THE FILMS OF ANDREI TARKOVSKY

*Ivan's Childhood* (1962)

*The Mirror* (1975)

*Stalker* (1979)

*Nostalgia* (1983)

*The Sacrifice* (1986)

Destiny and Fate in Film Noir: FRITZ LANG, FILM DIRECTOR

*Destiny* (1921)

*Metropolis* (1927)

*Testament of Dr. Mabuse* (1933)

*The Big Heat* (1953)

*While The City Sleeps* (1956)

*Beyond a Reasonable Doubt* (1957)

There's also a class on Steven Soderbergh, but....

Then, for Nov/Dec, there's:

John Ford at Fox Redux: FURTHER INTO FORD

*Four Sons* (1928)

*Hangman's House* (1928)

*Steamboat Round the Bend* (1935)

*The Prisoner of Shark Island* (1936)

*Drums Along the Mohawk* (1939)

*Young Mr. Lincoln* (1939)

Reel Law: DOCUMENTARY NARRATIVES OF JUSTICE

*Murder on a Sunday Morning* ("Un Coupable Id?al") (Jean-Xavier de Lestrade, 2001)

*Love & Diane* (Jennifer Dworkin, 2002)

*Capturing the Friedmans* (Andrew Jarecki, 2003)

*Brother's Keeper* (Joe Berlinger & Bruce Sinofsky,1992)

*The Corporation* (Mark Achbar & Jennifer Abbott, 2004)

*The Thin Blue Line* (Errol Morris, 1988)

Through a Technicolor Mirror: THE FILMS OF DOUGLAS SIRK

*La Habanera* (1937)

*Lured* (1947)

*Sleep, My Love* (1948)

*All that Heaven Allows* (1955)

*Written on the Wind* (1956)

*Imitation of Life* (1959)

Wounded Men and Codes of Violence: THE FILMS OF SAM PECKINPAH

*Ride The High Country* (1962)

*The Ballad of Cable Hogue* (1970)

*Straw Dogs* (1971)

*Junior Bonner* (1972)

*Pat Garrett and Billy the Kid* (1973)

*Bring Me The Head of Alfredo Garcia* (1974)

We have a spare room.

Pardon me a second, ChiO.

Ha! I'm just "normal" but I'm used to being slightly less than normal.

You, normal or slightly less than normal? Ha! The biggest laugh of the day.

Okay, now that I'm done laughing. :D

A Fritz Lang course! Whoever is in charge of the seminars at Facets has superb taste. Well, almost. One must overlook the Ford nonsense. :) But Lang more than makes up for those missteps.

That's quite an interesting grouping of Lang films. They are going from the early to the very late.

I could hang in the Widmark class. I have all of those films on DVD with the exception of Road House, which I'll probably get fairly soon.

The Sirk and Tarkovsky classes interest me since they are two filmmakers I'm curious about. I'm guessing Tarkovsky may be the class you are most interested in, although a discussion on Pickup on South Street and Night and the City could be worth it.

We have a spare room.

Where, at the Film Asylum? It will be straightjacket weather in the Windy City when these seminars will be underway. Will there be baseball being played?

Hi there, Rio -- Did you get that wild red rose dress of yours yet? Are you ready for Nick Cave?

EEEEEEEEE!!!!!!! I called the place yesterday and they informed me that they found a distributor for the material needed to finish the dress and that it would be shipped within two to three weeks and that they would expedite it so I would have it in time for the wedding. Yay!

That's wonderful news! Now you can dance on the sand or at the Sands or both!

Am I ready for Nick Cave? think the better question is, is he ready for me?

He won't know what hit him. But I'll tattle and tell him it was a trashy vamp with a scimitar.

I'm not a big crowds person either, and I'd see a lot more movies in a theater if I knew it was going to be smaller and quiet.

It's tough for me to enjoy a movie with a crowd. I don't like a "boxed in" feeling.

It's funny, I always though of Seattle as a big city (more so since the early nineties) until I lived in San Francisco. Then you realize how small it is still. And provincial. Still, most days I'd give a lot for Microsoft and Nirvana to have hit the big time is some other city. Almost twenty years after things really started to explode around here, the city still hasn't figured out a way to deal with growth sensibly.

Seattle does sound like a "manageable" big city. Pittsburgh is a "big" city that I can take. Philly is a lot tougher.

I don't think your house lends itself to themed rooms, I believe it's the crazy inhabitant.

Just because I like interesting surroundings....

They do sound interesting, I'll give you that.

kilts ...Alan Ladd totally dreamy in them rather than, say, Duke.

I think Ladd could be a good candidate for kilt attire--depending on the occassion...but I have to agree about the Duke....not his style for sure....but even Ladd might be limited as to when he could wear one....I could just picture both of them....Shane and Rooster Cogburn...kilted. (kinda scary ain't it??) :-)

Hiya, Super Model T -- I really enjoyed reading about your Driskill dining experience. It sounded like a feast befitting a lovely princess. I guess the lovely princess didn't show, so they gave it to you instead. :P:P

The other teenager around here -- Bronxie -- is going to be very jealous.

Yes, your mom is the one with good taste in your family.

i figured you'd say something to that affect. goodness!

It's not even close. She even stood up Coop and Greer. What a gal!

You'll really get twirled at this establishment

i meant like Mr. Chips does to Mrs. Chips, i didnt mean twirling me so hard that i get dizzy and fall to the ground....what kind of ball would that be? honestly! heehee!

You can't beat pizza and dancing on the tables.

personally i think you would look handsome in a tux! you HAVE to wear it, frankie. youll make me cry if you dont.

Here's your gardenia hanky back. You're gonna need it.

by the way, im with loretta, if i aim at something, i hit it! and if i hit something, thats what i aimed at! heehee! so duck and run for cover or else.....b/c im still learning how to hold a gun. heehee!

What do you need a gun for when you can just use your gloved hands to strangle guys?

oh banana oil! why do you do this to me? first you get me all wired up about to strangle you, but you make me melt in my chair watching Cherry kissing Melody.... how rude! heehee! would youm ake up your mind how you want me to react to you? sarously.

Sweet and sour.

HappyBirthdayB_S_G

"...also known as 'ButterScotchGreer

I'm hoping she has a wonderful year

One that's super-duper

Full of Gary Cooper

And plenty of hard times

Being given to Frankie-Grimes

('cuz he deserves it!)

Happy Birthday To 'butterscotchgreer'!"

From 'Owl Jolson' and Kyle In Hollywood

*"...also known as 'ButterScotchGreer*

*I'm hoping she has a wonderful year*

*One that's super-duper*

*Full of Gary Cooper*

*And plenty of hard times*

*Being given to Frankie-Grimes*

*('cuz he deserves it!)*

*Happy Birthday To 'butterscotchgreer'!"*

*From 'Owl Jolson' and Kyle In Hollywood*

ooooooh! how cuuuuuuuuute!! thanks kyle! youre so sweet! i havent seen that cartoon yet. i wish i could. i wonder if its on youtube anywhere. i could just picture the little guy singing to me.aawwwwwwwwww! i always wanted an owl to sing to me. heehee!

it reminds of of the other cute cartoon where frankie sinatra and bing are chickens singin to all the girl chickens and they are all laying eggs just listening to them. heehee! so cute.

youre a really good song writer, kyle! thanks again. ;)

*For you, Miss Butterscotch... the one, the only....Owl Jolson.*

*(this one is always a favorite around our house)*

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=28hk97-vZdQ

thank you kathy! its always great to chat with you, we havent done so in a while!

i will have to listen to it tomorrow at school. my computer at home doesnt allow me to watch youtube. that was very thoughtful! ;)

Theresa...you are most welcome.

I remembered someone posted this link in the cartoon section last year when I was on here...but when I went in and looked, I found the thread, but the link was gone.

Fortunately, Barb and April have been tutoring me in the fine art of "youtubian" posting....so I am having way too much fun lately looking stuff up in there. :-)

We do seem to be posting around each other...seems you are always on when I am off and vice versa...Maybe we will run into each other sometime...Hope all is well with you. Glad to hear you had a happy B-day.

Take Care!

kathy!

*I remembered someone posted this link in the cartoon section last year when I was on here...but when I went in and looked, I found the thread, but the link was gone.*

a shame, i seem to find that sometimes too, that links arent there anymore. i hate that. they just vanish into the thin air and then the lepercauns find them and whisk them away to the castle of their dreams........sorry i couldnt resist that line from Valley of Decision. heehee!

*Fortunately, Barb and April have been tutoring me in the fine art of "youtubian" posting....so I am having way too much fun lately looking stuff up in there.*

i have noticed that, i read those posts. heehee! its okay, i have a blast on youtube, it curious how we can get so excited over the smallest things. heehee! but its so addicting there.

*We do seem to be posting around each other...seems you are always on when I am off and vice versa...Maybe we will run into each other sometime...Hope all is well with you. Glad to hear you had a happy B-day.*

i will be on tomorrow a lot since i will be at school. in between classes i have time to chat, so if you are here id be glad to have a tete a tete. heehee!

thank you for the well wishes!

make sure you have sweet dreams full of the duke kissing you in a cemetary in the rain okay. heehee!....or you could even settle for a mud fight with G.W. heehee!

hey frankie-meanie-then-sweetie-pie-furter!

*I really enjoyed reading about your Driskill dining experience. It sounded like a feast befitting a lovely princess*.

im blushing!!!

*I guess the lovely princess didn't show, so they gave it to you instead.*

you killed it......APRIL! get out the couldron, ill get the glue...and peanuts! i guess we'll need the ephalents too.

*The other teenager around here -- Bronxie -- is going to be very jealous.*

is bronxie a teenager too? hey barb, are you really a teenager?

*It's not even close. She even stood up Coop and Greer. What a gal!*

no, thats mean! who stands up gary and greer? honestly!

*You can't beat pizza and dancing on the tables.*

oh you mean like singing "tuttie fruttie" at the same time with val kilmer and whipping around dummies dress as teenage girls?.....not exactly my idea of a great ball, frankie.

*Here's your gardenia hanky back. You're gonna need it.*

sorry, but i just stole all your other clothes and you wont get them back until you wear you tux for me. heehee!

*What do you need a gun for when you can just use your gloved hands to strangle guys?*

because my gloved hands are getting tired, they arent that strong silly....give them a rest for a bit, then ill go back to using them around your neck....unitl then, ill have to use a weapon of which i have no experience. heehee!

*oh banana oil! why do you do this to me? first you get me all wired up about to strangle you, but you make me melt in my chair watching Cherry kissing Melody.... how rude! heehee! would youm ake up your mind how you want me to react to you? sarously.*

*Sweet and sour.*

that just made me giggle, but i have no idea what you just meant. heehee!

Message was edited by: butterscotchgreer

Hey Theresa..just wrapping it up to call it a night--but I saw your post so I stopped to wish you Bonsoir, buenos noches, etc etc... I have to work tomorrow...so won't likely be on here except maybe popping in during the evening from time to time ( I usually check in while I am cooking supper and maybe a few times after the kiddling has gone to bed--depending on what all is going on around here.)

Hope your class schedule is going well for you ..study hard. I expect to see you as the first fashion designer/tv chef extraordinaire someday.

As far as kissing the Duke...or having a mud fight w/ him...will have to leave that to Maureen O'hara. I don't think I ever thought of him quite that way....and more importantly...my husband might not approve! :-) But I do enjoy the movies though!! :-)

Message was edited by: rohanaka

*Hey Theresa..just wrapping it up to call it a night--but I saw your post so I stopped to wish you Bonsoir, buenos noches, etc etc... I have to work tomorrow...so won't likely be on here except maybe popping in during the evening from time to time ( I usually check in while I am cooking supper and maybe a few times after the kiddling has gone to bed--depending on what all is going on around here.)*

wish your adorable kiddling good morning for me! heehee!

*Hope your class schedule is going well for you ..study hard. I expect to see you as the first fashion designer/tv chef extraordinaire someday.*

your funny! ill try my best.

*As far as kissing the Duke...or having a mud fight w/ him...will have to leave that to Maureen O'hara. I don't think I ever thought of him quite that way....and more importantly...my husband might not approve! But I do enjoy the movies though!!*

okay i get your drift. i think thats cute! maybe you could persuade your husband to take you to a cemetary while its raining and kiss him. heehee!

Theresa, I was right there with you at your Driskill dining experience, and I ate EVERTHING, lol. What a feast!

Don't listen to old Grimes -- I'm thrilled you had a wonderful time.

And no, I'm not a teenager, I only play one on these boards.

Barb

I also think that fair-haired guys look better in kilts than darker men.

I haven't the vaguest notion why, although I could speculate it's because to me the blondies look more aristocratic somehow.

Message was edited by: Bronxgirl48