Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Sinatra in May

MattHelm

I'm looking forward to May's programming ...

*Other upcoming salutes to Sinatra include a commemorative U.S. postage stamp to enter circulation on May 13 _and special TV programming, co-hosted by his children, through the month of May on Turner Classic Movies (TCM), including more than 30 of Sinatra's films and four of his television specials._*

*"I'm looking forward to May's programming ..."* - MattHelm

Gosh. It's only April 1^st^. Is the programming _this_ month so terrible that you're left just waiting for May to arrive?

I am not too excited about Frank Sinatra month - but my mother is.

Kyle (not too excited about Hedy Lamarr either) In Hollywood

Exceptional post! *"The Chairman: Francis Albert" is my runner-up all-time Idol!

& was last STOM in 1998. He made 57 pix-(for some reason 1977's "Contract on Cherry Hill" is usually ignored?) His actual final was phoned-in-(filmed elsewhere & spliced) the awful 1984 "Cannonball Run II" He had 1 scene. I was in "International Sinatra Society" but could not keep up it was run so well & they sent the most marvelous items Strangely they folded about 3yrs ago There are tons of sites on him too 1 is run by daughter Nancy They still celebrate his birthday in Hoboken, NJ & I almost got a superb-(it woulda' been) shot of his main Mural on Vine in Tinsel-Town The topper is it woulda' had "Capitol Records" in the background!!! But the camera failed & I got another smaller Mural instead

Strangely, his beloved mom was killed in a plane crash in '75 at 80 The bizarre thing is Dino's son later crashed into this exact same mountain in 1987

Thank You

Message was edited by: myidolspencer

There's not much being shown that most people haven't seen in the way of movies, but for those who have never seen the TV shows (or haven't seen them in a long time), are in for a treat. Especially, *A Man and His Music* on 5/4, and *A Man and His Music Ella Jobim*, on 5/18. The album Sinatra did with Jobim is one of my favorites.

You know. My cousin was his NY bodyguard in the 80's. Sinatra stayed at the Waldorf all the time when he came in..and get this I didn't CARE! LOL I was in my early 20's. He kept insisting I come in and meet him, hear him play the piano, eat spaghetti with his wife and him.. etc and I never went and couldn't care less!! Can you imagine that?

He gave me tickets to see Frank Sinatra, Liza Minnelli and Sammy Davis and had to force me to go really, although I love Liza and Sammy.

I was sooooooooo impressed. Literally. I mean I saw Sinatra sing NY NY with Liza for goodness sakes! Dean Martin was supposed to appear but he got sick so Liza stepped in on the tour. I was walking on air after that. Superstars. Plain and Simple. I have some photos somewhere, but it was like yesterday in my mind and I am so glad I went! I have met/seen many famous people but these 3 were simply amazing. I was so moved.

Thanks for listening. I posted this on RayMilland's thread too..

That was truly a great experience!

I've seen Sinatra twice: Once with Rickles opening, and the other with Shirley MacLaine. Both were great shows.

My closest brush with the Rat Pack would have been backstage at Dino's son Ricci's concert, where a comedian friend was opening for and introducing him. It was a three hour ride to get there and he didn't give me enough notice, so I wasn't able to go. But, he did use a joke I came up with to introduce Ricci Martin, that went over big with Ricci and the crowd.

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings