Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

movies about SAILORS!

butterscotchgreer

i have for long had an avid fascination with sailors! heehee!

On the Town

Anchors Aweigh

Adventure

Follow the Fleet

Sailor Takes a Wife

Sailors beware!

True to the Navy

You're in the Navy

Sailors Three

Hit the Deck

Three Sailors and a Girl

Two Girls and a Sailor

You're in the Navy Now

His Woman

what are others you can think of?

> {quote:title=GeneKGirl wrote:}{quote}

> Anchors Aweigh by far.

> Gene was so hot in that movie... Frank was cute too.

Excuuuuuuse me? Frank is WAAAAAAAAAAAAAY better than Gene!!! (Everyone prepare for an message board fight!) :) Lol!

Gene is a good dancer though.(although behind Fred!!!!)

I am not bashing your fave! Only my opinion! (Most people agree with you, over me SADLY!)

Well, excuuuuuuuuuuuuuse ME!!! Just kidding.

No worries about a fight, I'm a humble forum dweller. And I don't take it as bashing at all :) You have your opinion and I have mine. Although! Gene is wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy.... oh I won't get into it.

Haha.

Message was edited by: GeneKGirl

Excuuuuuuse me? Frank is WAAAAAAAAAAAAAY better than Gene!!! (Everyone prepare for an message board fight!) Lol!

Gene is a good dancer though.(although behind Fred!!!!)

I am not bashing your fave! Only my opinion! (Most people agree with you, over me SADLY!)

i agree whole heartedly!!!! heehee! i know most people dont agree with us. no offence to you genekgirl! we all still love gene kelly! heehee! but its hard to compare gene to freddy. they have such different styles. freddy was more swift and graceful, whereas gene was moe athletic and energetic. personall i would love to know what it was like to fly in the air and have gene catch you in his arms. heehee! phew! but i would also love to know what it felt like to twirl in freddy's arms too. (sighs)

they both looked cute as sailors though. ;)

You're excuuuuuuuuuuuused! LOL!

They question of Gene vs. Fred is one for the ages! Hundreds of years from now people will still be asking!!!!

I simply LOVE the number they do together in "The Ziegfield Follies". I also find it HILARIOUS that whenever anyone asked either of them who their favorite dancing partner was they always said each other (Gene said Fred. Fred said Gene.) Although, Fred was forced to confess that his favorite FEMALE partner was Rita Hayworth.

Ooooh! I just got Ziegfeld Follies from the library. And the only reason I got it was to see that number! I can't wait to watch it. But first, I have to finish The Three Musketeers(the Gene version of course!)

Haha! I never knew that about Gene and Fred... that's cute. Ziegfeld Follies was the only film that they were in together right? I would have liked to see more of them together. So much fabulous dancing the camera lens might EXPLODE! .......................................................

What? Did you same something? Oh! I just went into dream land. I'm back now. lol!

I keep thinking about Fred in Easter Parade when he does the slow motion sequence.

I really liked that!

> Ziegfeld Follies was the only film that they were in together right? I would have liked to see more of them together. So much fabulous dancing the camera lens might EXPLODE! .......................................................

Yes, sadly that was the only movie they ever did together (not counting "That's Entertainment")

> What? Did you same something? Oh! I just went into dream land. I'm back now. lol!

> I keep thinking about Fred in Easter Parade when he does the slow motion sequence.

> I really liked that!

Ooooh! that is cool! Have you ever seen the scene in "Royal Wedding" when he dances on the ceiling? That is still baffling people today!

You would watch it just for me?

GeneKGirl, I think this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship. (to borrow a line from Bogie.)

Oh, and I just watched "On The Town" again. It is one of my favorites! But watching it with a new perspective, I must admit Frank should have left the dancing to Gene!!!!! ..............BUT Gene should have left the singing to Sinatra!!!!!! It made me so sad to hear all those voices trying to cover up "The Chairman of the Board's" voice!!!

Aww, I haven't On the Town yet. The library doesn't have it :( I have been wanting to see it ever since I saw Anchors Aweigh. I think the Sinatra/Kelly duo is great! Plus! I love seeing my man Gene in uniform. Haha...

I'm in total agreement with you there! Gene dances way better than Frank, and well, Frank sings way better than Gene. In my opinion, there hasn't been anyone since Frank that has come anywhere close to equaling his talent. They didn't call him "The Voice" for nothin'!

...Wait! I just though of someone better than Frank. JUSTIN TIMBERLAKE!

HAHAHAH! Is that the biggest lie or what!?!?!

> Aww, I haven't On the Town yet. The library doesn't have it :( I have been wanting to see it ever since I saw Anchors Aweigh. I think the Sinatra/Kelly duo is great! Plus! I love seeing my man Gene in uniform. Haha...

Yeah, It is great! You definitely have to see it! Also have you seen "Take Me Out To The Ball Game"? That one is one of their best together!

>

> I'm in total agreement with you there! Gene dances way better than Frank, and well, Frank sings way better than Gene. In my opinion, there hasn't been anyone since Frank that has come anywhere close to equaling his talent. They didn't call him "The Voice" for nothin'!

>

> ...Wait! I just though of someone better than Frank. JUSTIN TIMBERLAKE!

>

>HAHAHAH! Is that the biggest lie or what!?!?!

Yes it is! I was scared for a moment! :)

> No, I haven't seen Take Me Out To the Ballgame. AGAIN! My dumb library doesn't have it! I need to give them a "good ole' talkin to" about what films are ESSENTIAL to a library's DVD shelves!!!

Yes You Do!

My stupid library is now getting rid of all VHS's, even though some of the DVDs aren't out yet! i t is really stupid! BUT I still am thankful for my library!

honestly, you two. i leave for a bit and youtwo rise a long chit chat without me. heehee!

i hate that the libraries are getting rid of the VHS tapes. they are doing that all around here too. thats like getting rid of all the RECORDS! it just doesnt happen! they are a part of film history! :)

and you can find lots of great old movies on VHS that arent on DVD and havent come on TV in a long while.

Yeah, It is great! You definitely have to see it! Also have you seen "Take Me Out To The Ball Game"? That one is one of their best together!

oh i love this movie! i first saw it at my grandmaa;s house because of my fascination with frankie at the time and then i started liking all of essy williams films, but i had first seen Gene in Xanadu a while before i saw this. Xanadu is one of my all time favs!! but unfortunately gene doesnt have a sailor outfit on in it. banana oil! :)

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings