Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Marlon Brando - Appreciation Thread

movielover11

I'm devoting this thread to Marlon Brando in honor of his 84th birthday today (April 3rd).

I'm surprised TCM didn't show a few of his movies today.

In any case, can anyone post some nice photos of Brando in this thread??? Any other thoughts of this great actor would also be appreciated.

I love Marlon, he's one of my favorite actors and it's no secret *A Streetcar Named Desire* is my all time favorite movie, hands down, no competition. I don't know how to post photos, but I look forward to anyone who can exercise their ability to do so in this thread!

It is very nice you did this and I didn't notice yesterday sorry to say as i was making a thread complaining of no Marlon films for his birthday. If you care to check the thread you'll see that I knew him casually when I was young and without going through it all which would be impossible I can tell you he was gentle, highly intelligent, great humor with the most beautiful smile when he joked and deeply cared for you as a person. I adore him and miss him still and forever.

I don't have a scanner at present but if you go on the Simply Classics forum they have tons as it's a site devoted to all the classic stars..it's wonderful with so many photos and everyone is very well informed about so many of the stars of yesterday. If you're interested just say so and I'll try to give you the link when I come back on.

• 1 month later...

Hiya movielover,

Actually not to long back i did a thread all on Brando myself when it was his bday, actually someone else did as well that day......and there was great discussion about this AWESOME man.......

I totally agree with u that TCM should have played other movies of his as well that day........Personally I am always up for talking about Marlon.....i could go on and on....i cant wait to see Guys and Dolls when they show it for the Frank Feast.....thats what i call it.....heehee....lol...

By any chance did u see the documentary that TCM had on him? I thought it was GREAT , i mean it was really good...like 3 hours long......i wasnt bored for one minute.....he lived such a full and exciting and tragic life as well......

anyway ty again for the thread..

AvaG :-)

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings