Razor's Edge

From Here to Eternity

Lifeboat

It happened one Night

Streetcar Named Desire

Sunset Blvd.

Stagecoach

The best Yrs of our Lives

Nice list. I still have never seen PENNY SERENADE. It's in the public domain and easy to find. But I think I have trouble with the whole idea of Grant & Dunne in a drama, since I'm used to them in screwball comedies. So it's prevented me from watching it. They are two people I don't want to see costarring in a tearjerker. Now if it were Irene Dunne and Charles Boyer, I would have watched it by now, since I am used to them doing scenes with pathos.

• Like 1
On 5/19/2018 at 9:55 PM, TopBilled said:

Nice list. I still have never seen PENNY SERENADE. It's in the public domain and easy to find. But I think I have trouble with the whole idea of Grant & Dunne in a drama, since I'm used to them in screwball comedies. So it's prevented me from watching it. They are two people I don't want to see costarring in a tearjerker. Now if it were Irene Dunne and Charles Boyer, I would have watched it by now, since I am used to them doing scenes with pathos.

Don't be afraid lol.  Their are plenty comedic moments within the movie.  It portrays real life how one minute everything is great and next boom! gotcha sucker.  It doesn't get real sad till close to the end and that caught me off guard. Don't like how they ended the movie though all tied up in a pretty Hollywood bow.

• Thanks 1