Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

SCIENCE, NATURE, HISTORY & CULTURE

JakeHolman

times are hard for many Americans ... was at walmart today getting groceries ... lady in front of me had to give some food back because she didn't have enough to pay for all of it ... this is corrosive and explosive ... but nancy tells 'em to eat cake ...

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, JakeHolman said:
times are hard for many Americans ... was at walmart today getting groceries ... lady in front of me had to give food back because she didn't have enough to pay for it ... this is corrosive and explosive ... but nancy tells 'em to eat cake ...

So Pelosi's the one halting legislation to help the poor?

• Haha 3

On 8/8/2022 at 7:33 PM, JakeHolman said:

times are hard for many Americans ... was at walmart today getting groceries ... lady in front of me had to give some food back because she didn't have enough to pay for all of it ... this is corrosive and explosive ... but nancy tells 'em to eat cake ...

I've been promoting this for a decade, ever since they went digital. Notice they have to do an education campaign.

The problem is many seniors have cable or satellite and they make it virtually impossible to hook up the cheap $15 antenna to get the free channels (believe me, I've tried). Because they have had pay TV so long they don't realize how many new channels that are available. Once they see that many of their favorite old shows are there, they will never go back to pay TV.

Nancy and her crew were printing up money to hand to people. Bad idea but, their hearts were in the right place.

The Great Pyrenees are found in the rural areas of my state. An owner of a farm told me of the practice of releasing the male or female pups into the herd. They grow up to be big dogs who protect the herd.  

On 8/16/2022 at 9:13 AM, JakeHolman said:

The universe is the expression of God, Einstein once said For there to be laws, there must be a law maker and law giver.  Atheist wants something tangible to be weighed and measured, well can scientist do the same with dark matter and dark energy.?  I see order in the cosmos, nothing is chaotic just man thinks having no control over nature is. Black holes once viewed as universes weapon of mass destruction turns out they are required for formation of galaxies.  Black holes obey the laws of science...put too much gravity into one spot, the rest is evident. What is conscious / self awareness - can't even be explained in words.  (like explaining to a person blind at birth what color is).  Does it make sense an entity like man have this ability to know of his existence / death, to spiritually  vanish from the universe as if he never was?

No wonder many has no hope, only see despair.

There will be mysteries beyond man's comprehension.

Is Michio  Kaku trying to convey God is the theory of everything?

If we do discover a theory of everything...it would be the ultimate triumph of human reason—for then we would truly know the mind of God.....Steven Hawking

Looking back..1997

CNN Rethinks Its Film Role / Cameos in `Contact' embarrass network / FAST FORWARD / FALL TV

https://www.sfgate.com/entertainment/article/CNN-Rethinks-Its-Film-Role-Cameos-in-Contact-2817310.php

Embarrassed? I thought that was a neat idea to make the film look realistic.  Bill Clinton regarding his "most important discovery" was referring in reality to the Mars rock with the so called fossilized microbes.

kcxeqlvq6ui61.png?width=960&crop=smart&a

Air conditioner compressor for commercial building, one of 2 units Circa 1937. 

Horizontal tank in rear TOP is a water cooled (from well) heat exchanger, these units are not air cooled.

vlcsnap-2018-09-23-23h14m15s312.png

Bottom  tank rear is Freon reservoir...

vlcsnap-2018-09-23-23h14m51s750.png

Same time period this meager 4,000 BTU cost $4,000,00 in today's dollars.

Consider for 5 cents, we could buy an ice-cream cone, a cup of coffee, a doughnut, a bottle of Coke or a Hershey bar.

Most people be lucky to have a table top fan.

1083499_81_100496_NnXEX8qv4.jpg

• Like 1