Find results in...

SCIENCE, NATURE, HISTORY & CULTURE

38 minutes ago, hamradio said:

Colossal squid

Beak

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSSSjjHApaqZ0mb43Ay_Gw

The eye is the size of a dinner plate - the largest in the animal kingdom

giantsquideye-1.jpg

Next you'll be telling me that snails are man eating. I just love snails. I've been eating them for decades and they get better every year. Do you like escargots?

8 hours ago, Princess of Tap said:

Next you'll be telling me that snails are man eating. I just love snails. I've been eating them for decades and they get better every year. Do you like escargots?

This is happening, squid population is exploding due to over fishing.  Humboldt's were filmed attacking in packs, they surround the victim then attack.  An experienced diver (first video) had broken bones, a dislocated shoulder, punctured eardrums when the squid quickly dragged him down.  He barely escaped with his life. Ask any fisherman in the Sea of Cortez how dangerous the squid are.

In 1474, a chicken passing for a rooster laid an egg, and was prosecuted by law in the city of Basel, and burned alive on a stake.

https://peashooter85.tumblr.com/post/82151116389/medieval-justice-the-case-of-the-rooster-of

https://9gag.com/gag/aZNKGwQ/in-1474-a-chicken-passing-for-a-rooster-laid-an-egg-and-was-prosecuted-by-law-in-the-city-of-basel-and-burned-a-live-on-an-stake

They thought the egg laid would hatch into a mythical creature called a Basilisk

2bfa674c86875fd85c395d2b23ace589.jpg

Turns out the rooster was simply a transgender hen. :lol:

Betty+title+2.jpg

Learned this from "Mysteries at The Museum"

Edited by hamradio
  • Haha 1
10 hours ago, hamradio said:

In 1474, a chicken passing for a rooster laid an egg, and was prosecuted by law in the city of Basel, and burned a live on an stake.

https://peashooter85.tumblr.com/post/82151116389/medieval-justice-the-case-of-the-rooster-of

https://9gag.com/gag/aZNKGwQ/in-1474-a-chicken-passing-for-a-rooster-laid-an-egg-and-was-prosecuted-by-law-in-the-city-of-basel-and-burned-a-live-on-an-stake

They thought the egg laid would hatch into a mythical creature called a Basilisk

2bfa674c86875fd85c395d2b23ace589.jpg

Turns out the rooster was simply a transgender hen. :lol:

Betty+title+2.jpg

Learned this from "Mysteries at The Museum"

Giving human characteristics to animals probably best belongs in a Disney movie.

• Like 1
36 minutes ago, JakeHolman said:

The problem was not the design of the airships but the flammable hydrogen the Germans used.  There was an embargo on helium to Germany during the 1930's.  Modern Zeppelins are different but some still have the classic design

Modern 4701492-3x2-700x467.jpg

canairshipst.jpg

sl0025723.jpg

2 hours ago, JakeHolman said:

With the rise of our own wanna-be Nazi Fuerher, Donald Trump, zeppelins would be a fitting addition to his Nuremberg-style rallies, and his goose-stepping followers.

7 minutes ago, Arturo said:

With the rise of our own wanna-be Nazi Fuerher, Donald Trump, zeppelins would be a fitting addition to his Nuremberg-style rallies, and his goose-stepping followers.

Can you goose-step on a Rascal?

For+people+mad+at+what+i+said+my+intenti

1 hour ago, hamradio said:

Oh great, increase the number of UFO sightings.

origin.jpg

You sound like you've never even seen a Goodyear blimp. Don't they have them in West Virginia?

We see them all the time and we know they're not UFOs because they say Goodyear on the side.

But once in awhile a drunk tries to shoot it because he's too drunk to read. ROFL

• Haha 1

I used to live in line with the air route the Goodyear blimp would take on it's way back to the municipal airport that used to be the Navy air base on GROSSE ILE, MI.  As kids, we often saw "cool" fighter jets fly ove Lincoln Park, MI and often heard "sonic booms".  And my brother, who joined the navy in '65, would take me with him to the Grosse Ile Navy base to pick up his pay when he was home on leave.   And in my teens, we'd often go there to tour and look at the lavish housing there, some new and some as old as from the '20's and '30's.  And too back then, I was a caddy for a bit at their country club.   Take a look....

Seiatone

9 hours ago, Princess of Tap said:

You sound like you've never even seen a Goodyear blimp. Don't they have them in West Virginia?

We see them all the time and we know they're not UFOs because they say Goodyear on the side.

But once in awhile a drunk tries to shoot it because he's too drunk to read. ROFL

How will that slightly saucer shaped reflective metalic blimp look from a distance?  Idiots call every weird light in the sky aliens. :wacko: 

11 hours ago, Sepiatone said:

I used to live in line with the air route the Goodyear blimp would take on it's way back to the municipal airport that used to be the Navy air base on GROSSE ILE, MI.  As kids, we often saw "cool" fighter jets fly ove Lincoln Park, MI and often heard "sonic booms".  And my brother, who joined the navy in '65, would take me with him to the Grosse Ile Navy base to pick up his pay when he was home on leave.   And in my teens, we'd often go there to tour and look at the lavish housing there, some new and some as old as from the '20's and '30's.  And too back then, I was a caddy for a bit at their country club.   Take a look....

Seiatone

This is so baby boomer, but the Thunderbirds used to fly over my house and it seemed quite normal.

• Like 1

Yeah, what a life, eh?

Between the sonic booms overhead, and the occasional ground shaking from the blasts in the International Salt Co.'s mines( "that spidered" for miles far under the entire Downriver area) everything else did seem a bit mundane.  ;) 

Sepiatone

• Like 1

Been watching "Contact" on the Discovery channel.  The so called researchers can see the connection between the "orbs / lights" around places of geologic activity i.e. volcanoes but still think some alien intelligence is involved. Puzzled why some travel south to north.  It's generated by the Earth itself as plasma spheres (earthquake lights) which can travel along Earth's magnetic field.

Scientist needs to concentrate on this Earth made phenomena instead of hunting for little green men. :wacko:

https://www.nationalgeographic.com/news/2014/1/140106-earthquake-lights-earthquake-prediction-geology-science/

https://spookygeology.com/earthquake-lights/

earthquake-lights-1-e1524487121248.jpg

electric-earthquake-light-orbs.jpg

Thierault-2014-1024x529.png

There's a super volcano in Italy.

https://www.nationalgeographic.com/science/2018/11/italy-supervolcano-filling-magma-facts/

The Phlegraean Fields (Italian: Campi Flegrei [ˈkampi fleˈɡrɛi]; Neapolitan: Campe Flegree, from Greek φλέγω phlego, "to burn") is a large supervolcano situated to the west of Naples, Italy. It was declared a regional park in 2003.

Campi-Flegrei-806317.jpg