• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
JakeHolman

SCIENCE, NATURE, HISTORY & CULTURE

Watched "Impossible Engineering" last night, topic 

Duge Beipanjiang Bridge

in southwest China,  now the highest bridge in the world, some 565 metres (1,854 feet) above the valley below. The bridge stretches across a 1,341-metre (4,400-foot) span.

They call the valley the bridge spans "the crack in the world".

bridge-kDmB--621x414@LiveMint.jpg

2_1483160514.jpg

c1_1171629_161230154404.jpg

china_worlds_higest_bridge_2.jpg

Can see base jumpers drooling!

bridge-day-2017-new-river-gorge-1.jpg

29 minutes ago, JakeHolman said:

He should had switched to AT&T!  OK is not OK. :P:lol:

(incredible, can't find a single photo of that commercial :angry:)

2 hours ago, JakeHolman said:

Better send him to the border, people are possessed getting into this country illegally. 

5NQ3EZJZWY4IVNQDZOVRTXWD34.jpg&w=1440

What hearsay crock, no names, photos, videos!  Someone was told something without evidence?

Excerpt...

“A person was possessed and it took four fully grown men to hold this person down,” Szada said.

I see that and more on "Live PD" every week! :lol:  Exorcist should be thankful the person wasn't on PCP!

teaser%20garner%201.jpg

1845587.0.jpg

No reports of people behaving like an owl?

7bIJ.gif

• Sad 1

the punk is headed straight to prison ... where he will end up  being someone's punk ...

Dreams can be amazing at times, when I was 12 (1967) had a hard time sleeping.  When I finally did, had the most VIVID dream ever - still remember it to this day, part of it was some strange huge machines with legs in some  dark swampy marsh.  When I woke up in a cold sweat, said to myself WHAT IN THE HECK DID I JUST DREAMED??

My jaw hit the floor in 1980 after purchasing the LP soundtrack of "Star Wars - The Empire Strikes Back" open the jacket and saw...

atat-walkers.jpg

The Imperial Walkers was exactly what I dreamed but in a swamp not snow.

Can science EXPLAIN how that is possible?  This was 13 years after my experience!

That's another thing I missed about the LP's and Laserdisc, the enclosed photo album.

12-jpg.259637

81XTopxeweL._SL1500_.jpg

Uncertain if this fits the criteria of this thread but...

Massive concrete crushing machine vanishes from N.J. construction site

https://www.nj.com/morris/2020/02/massive-concrete-crushing-machine-vanishes-from-nj-construction-site.html

https://patch.com/new-jersey/morris/concrete-crusher-goes-missing-construction-site-police-say

86404737_586499672205150_797940190708708

JELR7POBAVBNXB7JIJ72PYAQ7U.png

Can't wait to find out what the motive for stealing it is. :wacko:

Now if we can send 100,000 emus to our border - not to offer anyone to pay for what they need though. ;)

emu.jpg?quality=85&strip=all&w=400&h=225

https://achnews.org/2019/11/02/with-a-wingspan-of-7-feet-the-harpy-eagle-looks-like-a-person-dressed-up-in-a-bird-costume/

harpy-eagle-thumbnail.jpg

With a wingspan of 7 feet, the Harpy Eagle looks like a person dressed up in a bird costume.

600px-Harpia-harpyja-001.jpg With a 7-foot wingspan and speeds up to 50 miles an hour, the harpy eagle is an apex predator in the wild.

The harpy eagle is considered one of the most powerful eagles of the over 100 different species of these birds of prey.

harpy-eagle-thumbnail.jpg

With a wingspan of 7 feet, the Harpy Eagle looks like a person dressed up in a bird costume.

600px-Harpia-harpyja-001.jpg With a 7-foot wingspan and speeds up to 50 miles an hour, the harpy eagle is an apex predator in the wild.

The harpy eagle is considered one of the most powerful eagles of the over 100 different species of these birds of prey.

They have been found living in the jungles of Mexico all the way down to Northern Argentina. They need the space of larger trees in the canopy of lowland tropical rainforests. It is here where the harpy eagle makes its nest.

They use the tallest trees in the jungle to construct their home. This nest, which may be constructed from sticks, branches, plants and animal fur will be used multiple times and will continually be added to, creating an enormous dwelling that can fit a human.

• Like 1

Atheist laughs at the Bible quoting making streets of gold.   This ONE kilonova event can pave THOUSANDS of Earth type planets in gold!

9:10 time mark and listen!

I'm guessing that atheists are still laughing. And they have good reasons to do so. 

4 hours ago, Vautrin said:

I'm guessing that atheists are still laughing. And they have good reasons to do so. 

Can't explain how a guy 2,000 years ago knew how gold or ANY metal can be forged translucent? The first metal.... aluminum has been made just that!

Aluminium oxynitride aka Transparent Aluminum 

Like the kind in Star Trek!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aluminium_oxynitride

John  was seeing future technology and tried to describe it.  Just because we can't acquire large quantities of gold, make it PURE (not 99.9%) and translucent TODAY doesn't mean some future generation won't be able to.  The "Great City" in nothing more than a  MASSIVE gravity to energy converter.

I'm still in awe we actually have done this! Hard to believe this is a METAL!

aluminum-oxynitride.png

transparent-aluminum-thumb.jpg?w=600&h=6

Edited by hamradio
Rewording