Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

SCIENCE, NATURE, HISTORY & CULTURE

I just got back from seeing the eclipse from a drumlin in the City Park at the end of my street. Amazing. Beautiful. Glad I had kept my glasses from 2017. 

Who could forget this brilliant moment in idiot history?

QmzmARroPtfN2peYSnmwPa-320-80.jpg

3 hours ago, TikiSoo said:

I just got back from seeing the eclipse from a drumlin in the City Park at the end of my street. Amazing. Beautiful. Glad I had kept my glasses from 2017. 

Who could forget this brilliant moment in idiot history?

QmzmARroPtfN2peYSnmwPa-320-80.jpg

I Doubt ANY one could forget that.

"Who Could Forget ..?" ..

Thats kinda like saying who could forget the dumbest, inanest most one dimensional president in united states history.

Some people (seemingly) refuse to exhibit and excercise common sense and discretionary judgment when it comes to his forgettable, meandering, and poorly defined presidency. But i seriously doubt anyone could forget it.

LewRockwell.com

anti-stateanti-warpro-market

The Lincoln Assassination Plot–An Alternate History

By James Ronald Kennedy
Abbeville Institute

June 11, 2021

A review of The Retribution Conspiracy: The Rise of the Confederate Secret Service (Scuppernong Press, 2021) by Dr. Samuel W. Mitcham, Jr.

In a world full of ever arising new conspiracy theories, one over 150 years old still intrigues us. Did the South conspire to kill Lincoln? Noted scholar and historian, Samuel W. Mitcham, Jr’s, novel The Retribution Conspiracy adds his historical research and skill as a novelist to the question and answers with a resounding, “Yes!”

The Retribution Conspiracy follows the life of the protagonist, Rance Liebert, as a young man growing-up in a South that was at that time a frontier culture. It was a time when Southern gentlemen lived by the code duello, although sometimes—if the enemy needed killing—even murder was socially acceptable. The author provides his reader with a wealth of knowledge about the early South—something only a true historian/novelist could do. In so doing he sets the stage for the South’s historic struggle during the War for Southern Independence.

Rance’s military experience began as Second Lieutenant of Volunteers during the Mexican-American War. During this war Rance observed the value of the “Jeff Davis” rifles at the Battle of Buena Vista. He learned that disease killed “seven men for every one killed” by Mexicans. He witnessed the effectiveness of “flying artillery” under the command of Captain Braxton Bragg. Bragg’s decisive efforts was largely responsible for Jefferson Davis’ victory at Buena Vista and resulted in a life-long friendship between Davis and Bragg. A point that would result in disaster for the South during the War for Southern Independence—something historian Mitcham pointed out in his previous book about General Nathan Bedford Forrest—Bust Hell Wide Open.

Copyright © Abbeville Institute

Ronald Kennedy forgot this was the 19th century in which HONOR was paramount.  Even though some southerners relished the death of Lincoln, the South as a whole was disgusted by the assassination as Booth was shocked to learned.  One Southern newspaper, The Mail wrote...as a “dark and bloody deed” that would surely produce no rejoicing in the South.

The war was OVER! Booth and his cohorts were delusional, thinking decapitating  the government in Washington would restart the war after the plan to kidnap Lincoln "went south".

Booth's head would had exploded if he witnessed what transpired at the Appomattox courthouse. Lee was stunned (positively) by the civil terms of surrender and Grant did not gloat.

SurrAtAppomattox.jpg

• Thanks 1

Loretta Lynn recently said "country music is dead". I like some of the late Charlie Pride's music ... the country is upside down ... in the rabbit hole ...

5 hours ago, JakeHolman said:

Loretta Lynn recently said "country music is dead". I like some of the late Charlie Pride's music ... the country is upside down ... in the rabbit hole ...

The old school brand she grew up with is dead, like all other music it evolves to suit newer generations.

Steel guitars are seldom or not used any more.

https://tasteofcountry.com/songs-that-changed-modern-country-music/

Songs-That-Changed-Country.jpg?w=980&q=7

Where have you been Jake, I've noticed the change 30 years ago?

Ten story apartment building erected in twenty-eight hours:

I could find no mention of design development time but there is a notation that manufacture of the modules began three months prior to erection.

22 minutes ago, SansFin said:

Ten story apartment building erected in twenty-eight hours:

I could find no mention of design development time but there is a notation that manufacture of the modules began three months prior to erection.

Hopefully it's not in an earthquake zone, or an area with severe weather (high winds).

It may not look like it, but this hotel was designed and built with modular rooms that were slid into place in the structure:

Hotel Disney's Contemporary Resort, Lake Buena Vista - trivago.comWW Goes to WDW at Yesterland.com: An Urban Legend about Disney's  Contemporary

As was this one, except the rooms are stacked...

See the World at Your Walt Disney World Resort Hotel - D23

These were the first two resort hotels at Walt Disney World, built by US Steel, in a cost-sharing arrangement (Disney was pouring a lot of money into Florida and solicited funds from all viable sources).  The rooms were fabricated off-site with internal plumbing, mechanical and electrical finishing, and trucked in and slid into or stacked in place.'

• Like 1
13 hours ago, txfilmfan said:

Hopefully it's not in an earthquake zone, or an area with severe weather (high winds).

It may not look like it, but this hotel was designed and built with modular rooms that were slid into place in the structure:

Hotel Disney's Contemporary Resort, Lake Buena Vista - trivago.comWW Goes to WDW at Yesterland.com: An Urban Legend about Disney's  Contemporary

As was this one, except the rooms are stacked...

See the World at Your Walt Disney World Resort Hotel - D23

These were the first two resort hotels at Walt Disney World, built by US Steel, in a cost-sharing arrangement (Disney was pouring a lot of money into Florida and solicited funds from all viable sources).  The rooms were fabricated off-site with internal plumbing, mechanical and electrical finishing, and trucked in and slid into or stacked in place.'

I have read that all of their buildings are designed with both earthquakes and tsunamis in mind.

I believe that it would not matter if it fell down in an earthquake because you could put it back together again quite quickly.