Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

SCIENCE, NATURE, HISTORY & CULTURE

20 hours ago, txfilmfan said:

Hopefully it's not in an earthquake zone, or an area with severe weather (high winds).

It may not look like it, but this hotel was designed and built with modular rooms that were slid into place in the structure:

Hotel Disney's Contemporary Resort, Lake Buena Vista - trivago.comWW Goes to WDW at Yesterland.com: An Urban Legend about Disney's  Contemporary

As was this one, except the rooms are stacked...

See the World at Your Walt Disney World Resort Hotel - D23

These were the first two resort hotels at Walt Disney World, built by US Steel, in a cost-sharing arrangement (Disney was pouring a lot of money into Florida and solicited funds from all viable sources).  The rooms were fabricated off-site with internal plumbing, mechanical and electrical finishing, and trucked in and slid into or stacked in place.'

I tried to find a clip of The Jetsons where the apartment/hotel room/condo comes to them, but couldn't find it in a certain amount of time.  I think it was Jetson's...  The memory I have is the room slides out of a corncob style building, sort of like the Capitol Records building, and comes to them (the hotel attendant and George Jetson).

7 hours ago, MovieCollectorOH said:

I tried to find a clip of The Jetsons where the apartment/hotel room/condo comes to them, but couldn't find it in a certain amount of time.  I think it was Jetson's...  The memory I have is the room slides out of a corncob style building, sort of like the Capitol Records building, and comes to them (the hotel attendant and George Jetson).

It was the Las Venus episode...

This is the only thing I can find that shows it.  It's a silent 8mm film of a portion of the episode.  Didn't know they made these!

• Like 1
7 hours ago, MovieCollectorOH said:

Just for fun, robot bartenders, reptilian shapeshifters, and CV "multipass".  All here.

May not be for everyone.

dgtm_ep_5-4_48ef4a66.jpeg

• Like 1
6 hours ago, txfilmfan said:

It was the Las Venus episode...

This is the only thing I can find that shows it.  It's a silent 8mm film of a portion of the episode.  Didn't know they made these!

Very cool!  It is as I remembered, probably haven't seen it since at least the early or mid 1970s.  Those high rises with slip-in modular units are what made me think of it.

Certainly not in agreement with top ten ... no Three Dog Night, STYX  or Grand Funk Railroad off the top of my head top 50 ...

One sci fy tech came true (sort of). This type of technology is reasonable instead of too  far fetch.

2:10 time frame the moving images within the picture frames. 

TODAY, only need to make it 3D.

Wonder Why? Personally, I like coke zero .... for me they got it right ... only diet drink I will drink ... but remember the last debacle when coke decided to change the old coke ...

Can't find a video, but an RC  enthusiast took a Quimbaya artifact, blew it up, put a propeller on it and it flew.  

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRqdDNFooWAcLkxfQQJZb6

bdd04e_f15301fb05794dd6a7b45e57d3440553~

X03fCQSewHAEvvRFS-UKQ3B_Cko6_0Y8mlbRqGaU

Like in the old world, the ancients in the America's had their geniuses.  Possible one made a glider which flew while studying birds.

(oh forgot ancient man was dumb as owl **** and needed alien help)

• Like 1