Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
mr6666

some POSITIVE News...for a change

VoteVetsVerified account @votevets 8h8 hours ago

Volunteers from IBEW Local 1 in St. Louis, MO helped repair 50 homes, including that of #KoreanWar veteran James Price. The electricians replaced his home's outdated wiring and checked light fixtures.

http://www.kmov.com/story/38066430/ibew-local-1-electrical-workers-repair-korean-war-veterans-home-in-st-louis

• Like 2

I have to hand it to the Windsors. Probably the most successful parasites

of the last 100 years. Carry on suckers. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mr6666 said:

MSNBCVerified account @MSNBC 9h9 hours ago

Bishop Michael Curry quotes Martin Luther King: “We must discover the power of love, the power, the redemptive power of love. And when we discover that we will be able to make of this old world a new world." #royalweddingroyalwedding2018.png

DdjnDLLVAAAhd6q.jpg

"........ But nothing felt fresher than the address from Bishop Michael Curry, who's the first black presiding bishop of the U.S. Episcopal Church. Curry is a longtime activist on matters of justice, and he opened by quoting Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. on "the redemptive power of love." He moved quickly to stress that romantic love is transformative, but so are other kinds of love: the love between neighbors, and potentially in "a new human family." (By all means, read the whole thing.) .....

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Vautrin said:

At least the Windsor male parasites serve in the military unlike our own parasite who golfs, tweets and attempts to subvert our democracy.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ChristineHoard said:

At least the Windsor male parasites serve in the military unlike our own parasite who golfs, tweets and attempts to subvert our democracy.

Uh, Trump was elected,   these royal clowns have their power\money\fame based on what womb they came out of.

People often complain about all the attention the Kardashian clan receives but unlike these royal clowns they earned it.    I really don't understand why anyone would care about these folks,  but to each their own.

17 minutes ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

Uh, Trump was elected,   these royal clowns have their power\money\fame based on what womb they came out of.

People often complain about all the attention the Kardashian clan receives but unlike these royal clowns they earned it.    I really don't understand why anyone would care about these folks,  but to each their own.

That's cute that you don't think the Trumps have power\money\fame based on the womb they came out of.

And that has nothing to do with Christine's point about the royal men serving in the armed services while the Trumps don't.

Oh, and the Kardashians "earned" their attention how, exactly? 

I have no love for the royal family either, and get annoyed whenever their births and weddings are made into media events. 

Nearly 3 million people voted for someone other than Trump.  He's in only because of the archaic electoral college.

Kardasians, really? 

I think the Windsors, especially the late Diana and her two sons, have been active with a lot of charitable good deeds and believe in giving back.  Keeping with the theme of this thread, at least the British monarchy stays out of politics and today's wedding was beautiful and inclusive even if one hates the monarchy.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, ChristineHoard said:

Nearly 3 million people voted for someone other than Trump.  He's in only because of the archaic electoral college.

Kardasians, really? 

I think the Windsors, especially the late Diana and her two sons, have been active with a lot of charitable good deeds and believe in giving back.  Keeping with the theme of this thread, at least the British monarchy stays out of politics and today's wedding was beautiful and inclusive even if one hates the monarchy.

I don't like the Kardasian clan either  but my point was they are as relevant and interesting to me as the so called royal family.   

I don't hate them,  I just don't care about them.  

5 hours ago, ChristineHoard said:

Yep, until the bullets start to fly, then they're out of there in time for tea and crumpets

at the palace. 

14 hours ago, Vautrin said:

Yep, until the bullets start to fly, then they're out of there in time for tea and crumpets

at the palace. 

That is funny,  but it was my understanding they served with honor and were willing to take risks (well as much as the next guy, which wasn't much for anyone considering Britain wasn't at war).

I only got 'involved' in this topic after I saw that CNN was devoting hours upon hours to them, when to me this is a 15 second news story.    (but of course CNN beats topics to death, like a cat,  9 times over!).

• Like 1

re: CNN

that'll happen w/any 24-hr news network, especially on weekends.....

( when the 'Tweeter-in chief' goes golfing)

;)

3 hours ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

I only got 'involved' in this topic after I saw that CNN was devoting hours upon hours to them, when to me this is a 15 second news story.    (but of course CNN beats topics to death, like a cat,  9 times over!).

On 5/19/2018 at 5:18 PM, Vautrin said:

They belong in a living museum....oops I forgot, Buckingham Palace is ONE!

20 hours ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

I don't like the Kardasian clan either  but my point was they are as relevant and interesting to me as the so called royal family.   

I don't hate them,  I just don't care about them.  

Me either, what a joke "Keeping Up with the Kardashians" is!  Who with connected brain cells WANTS to?

25 minutes ago, hamradio said:

Me either, what a joke "Keeping Up with the Kardashians" is!  Who with connected brain cells WANTS to?

The same type of mentality that keeps up with the doing of the so called royal family.

1 hour ago, mr6666 said:

re: CNN

that'll happen w/any 24-hr news network, especially on weekends.....

( when the 'Tweeter-in chief' goes golfing)

;)

Not the case with Fox;   Instead of the wedding they were covering Hillary Clinton.  ;)

4 hours ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

That is funny,  but it was my understanding they served with honor and were willing to take risks (well as much as the next guy, which wasn't much for anyone considering Britain wasn't at war).

James-- Where have you been?

Before there was a CNN the networks covered all of these Royal Weddings-- I can even remember when they covered Prince Charles being inducted as the Prince of Wales.

The networks and the cable companies wouldn't cover these events if they weren't popular with the public. 

I can even remember when Princess Diana died and the networks covered Queen Elizabeth's response live - - just as if the queen was the President of the United States --on all three major major Networks. I thought that was ridiculous and completely unnecessary.

BTW--Prince Andrew fought in the Falkland Islands.  Prince Harry served in Afghanistan.   Prince William served domestically flying an Emergency Services helicopter. And Prince Philip is a World War II naval hero.

I am not a know particular fan of the royal family and I don't believe in aristocracy, but as long as I don't have to pay for them I find them entertaining.

And when there's too much coverage about them-- particularly with all those little kids all the time -- I reach for my remote.

But apparently Americans simply love them and  can't get enough of them.

8 minutes ago, Princess of Tap said:

Before there was a CNN the networks covered all of these Royal Weddings-- I can even remember when they covered Prince Charles being inducted as the Prince of Wales.

The networks and the cable companies wouldn't cover these events if they weren't popular with the public. 

I can even remember when Princess Diana died and the networks covered Queen Elizabeth's response live - - just as if the queen was the President of the United States --on all three major major Networks. I thought that was ridiculous and completely unnecessary.

Of course a network cover this 'crap' because they believe it will lead to higher ratings.     But yea, I need to accept that CNN isn't a legit news network but instead an entertainment network.