Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Alvarez Kelly: Yaawwnnnnn

FredCDobbs

Wasn't that a great Johnny Mercer theme song sung by the Brothers Four? lol. It expanded my limits on "bizarre."

I watched part of this when it was on a couple weeks ago. I wish TCM had some better Widmark movies in the vaults.

I?ve been watching it for about half an hour or maybe 45 minutes. What?s it about?

Is William Holden supposed to be missing a finger on his right hand?

He doesn't look like a "Mexican national" to me.

What?s all this talk about ?cows??

When is something going to happen?

The map they kept showing during the film, showed Widmark pointing to how they were going to drive the cattle down from the Northeast, all the way ?down to Richmond?, and they were going to ?swing West? around Grant?s troops. Richmond is just 92 miles South of Washington DC. So where are these cows coming from? Evidently it isn't Texas.

I was looking forward to the Richard Widmark movies last night. However, I was so sleepy that I couldn't get through them. Alvarez Kelly or Take the High Ground aren't considered to be among the very best Widmark ever made, but I wanted to at least see them. I could only get through parts of both films. Hopefully, they will air again soon. From what I saw, neither film didn't look to be THAT bad.

I'd also be curious to see how Widmark paired with Doris Day in The Tunnel of Love. Oh well... hopefully I can see them in its entirety.

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings