Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

The Quintessence of: Gregory Peck......!!!

*_Per Wikipedia:_*

*Gregory Peck was an Academy Award-winning and four-time Golden Globe Award-winning American film actor. He was one of 20th Century Fox's most popular film stars, from the 1940s to the 1960s, and played important roles well into the 1990s. One of his most notable performances was as Atticus Finch in the 1962 film version of "To Kill a Mockingbird", for which he won his Academy Award. President Lyndon Johnson honored Peck with the Presidential Medal of Freedom in 1969 for his lifetime humanitarian efforts.*

*In 1999, the American Film Institute named Peck among the Greatest Male Stars of All Time, ranking at #12.*

*For his contribution to the motion picture industry, Gregory Peck has a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame at: 6100 Hollywood Blvd.*

peck-gregory-photo-gregory-peck-6201882.jpg

B72790~Gregory-Peck-Posters.jpg

audrey-hepburn-gregory-peck-roman-holiday.jpg

"Roman Holiday" Gregory Peck & Audrey Hepburn!

Best Films:

The Paradine Case

Gentleman's Agreement

The Man in the Gray Flannel Suit

The Guns of Navarone

On The Beach

How the West Was Won

To Kill a Mockingbird

Cape Fear

The Boys from Brazil

The Omen

Roman Holiday

The Valley of Decision

The Keys of the Kingdom

Arabesque

Happy Birthday Gregory...

from one of your biggest fans!!!I I wont go down the whole list but i will say a couple of my favs in tribute to a great actor....i would start with The Snows of Kilamangaro, Roman Holiday , To Kill A Mockingbird and many others!!

Again Happy Happy Gregory!

AvaG

His character from To Kill a Mockingbird (1962), Atticus Finch, was voted the greatest screen hero of all time by the American Film Institute in May 2003, only two weeks before his death (beating out Indiana Jones, who was placed second, and James Bond who came third).-- from IMDb

And I never knew he was of Armenian heritage!

One movie that is seldom mentioned is *The Great Sinner* (1949), very loosely based on Dostoyevsky's short novel, The Gambler. I'm not sure it's that good a movie, having only managed to catch parts of it when it's been on TCM. ( And see some bad user comments).

But the combination of elements certainly captures my imagination.

Gregory Peck! Ava Gardner! And what a cast.

Happy Birthday Mr. Peck!!! I love you! He is one of my favorite actors (tied for first place with William Powell and Ray Milland!) He was just AMAZING in every thing he did! Although it wasn't mentioned in your list I think one of his better roles was in "Spellbound"! He was so GOOD as the amnesia victim!!!!!

Gregory_Peck_in_Roman_Holiday_trailer.jpg

This is "My" list of films of Mr Peck's I loved.

Best Films:

The Paradine Case

Gentleman's Agreement

The Man in the Gray Flannel Suit

The Guns of Navarone

On The Beach

How the West Was Won

To Kill a Mockingbird

Cape Fear

The Boys from Brazil

The Omen

Roman Holiday

The Valley of Decision

The Keys of the Kingdom

Arabesque

I didn't care for spellbound! Sorry!

Kid,

Mongo used to have a Birthday thread that he posted to everyday which would list the famous and not so famous born on that day.

Perhaps you could retrieve it out of the archives and revieve it? It was a very popular thread.

man i have been busy this week-end. i even forgot about my beautiful gregory's b-day!! oh no! i hope he will forgive me. let's not tell him. heehee!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY GORGEOUS!!!

173506~Gregory-Peck-Posters.jpg

i love all of his romantic movies!! Valley of Decision, Roman Holiday, and a lot of his other ones too like Arabesque, and To Kill a Mockingbird. he was just an all around great and handsome guy, and what an actor!

Ughh! You are 2 days late! How could you?!

Haha, kidding.

Oh, I just love Gregory! With his birthday being 2 days ago and all, it reminded me that I haven't seen very many of his films. I recently requested *Gentleman's Agreement* and *The Paradine Case* from the library. I can't wait to watch them!

DANG! That is one gorgeous man. Oh no! You got me drooling! LOL

i know, i know! im late, im late, to a very important date! wow! the white rabbit does a better job of that line. heehee!

i got your drooling? i got myself drooling. goodness me!

oh you will just love those two. he looks devastatingly handsome in both!!! have you ever seen Valley of Decision?

Haha, well we better get some towels before we drown ourselves.

heehee! i have my hanky that is still wet from waching all my greer movies, so we better get some as fast as we can. ;)

Hmm.. Valley of Decision?

It rings a bell, but I don't think I've seen it.

oh you HAVE to see Valley of Decision! it is one of the best drama/romances ever! of course that may be my opinion. heehee! gregory peck is so young there and is utterly gorgeous! greer is in it with him! heehee!

*it is one of the best drama/romances ever! of course that may be my opinion. heehee! gregory peck is so young there and is utterly gorgeous!*

Well hot dog! That's all I need to know!

Butterscotch, we see eye to eye. :)

Message was edited by: GeneKGirl

Happy Belated Birthday on April 5 to the wonderful Gregory Peck! He is one of my favorites....so handsome and that voice. Such a good actor!

My favorite films of Mr. Peck are Roman Holiday, Gentlemen's Agreement, Twelve O'Clock High and To Kill A Mockingbird!

Thanks for the great photos, CelluloidKid....

• 7 months later...

*On Friday, December, 05th, 2008 @ 9:45am (MT) Arizona Time:*

*Alfred Hitchcock's: _The Paradine Case_ (1947)*

*A married lawyer falls for the woman he's defending on murder charges.*

*Stars: Gregory Peck, Alida Valli, Charles Laughton.*

*Directed by: Alfred Hitchcock*

*Original Score: Franz Waxman*

*Cinematography: Lee Garmes*

*Produced by: David O. Selznick*

*Release Date: December 31 , 1947 (USA)*

p1wx0.jpg

*_The Paradine Case_ was not a box office success: worldwide receipts barely covered half of the cost of production.*

theparadinecase.jpg

*_The Paradine Case_ (1947)*

*Hitchcock leaves the Cumberland station with a cello case.*

*About 36 minutes after the beginning.*