Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Onscreen infatuation

tobitz

I'm thinking of this while watching Bette this afternoon.

I'm not talking about anyone in your same age bracket. I'm talking about someone you've seen onscreen with an impossible age difference in real life.

My first case of this was seeing Alice Faye in *Alexander's Ragtime Band*. I saw it on tv about 30 years after it came out. That damn Phil Harris guy. What a lucky dog.

Lately, I've been worried about Priscilla Lane, since TCM has been showing so many of her movies. (Yes!)

Fortunately, Bette will be a whole nother person in the next film. Still, I may need a viewing of *Whatever Happened to Baby Jane* to snap me out of this. She's far too lovable in *Pocketful of Miracles*.

That?s what movies are for. So we can get away from this awful real world for a while.

When I was about 14 or 15, I fell in love with Marian Marsh in Svengali. To me, she was an ?older woman? since she was about 18 when she made that movie.

Oh, and Fay Wray, when I first saw King Kong in the theater in 1952. I was only 10. She was ?really old? back then, but so beautiful.

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings