Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Star Trek New Voyages

These are very professionally produced fan sequels to the original series. I've seen a couple and was impressed by the production values- there is an episode starring George Takei which is a good as anything in the show. They are producing the controversial gay theme episode which David Gerrold wrote for ST: Next Generation"

• 1 month later...

A long time ago, before the first Star Trek movie title was made, I took my sons to a Trek convention at the Civic Auditorium in San Francisco. There was a Q & A feature with DeForest Kelly, Mark Lenard and George Takei. Someone asked George Takei what he would like to see as a future in Star Trek. One of the things he said: I see *CAPTAIN* Sulu appearing is his own series. A little bit prophetic; little did he know that he would ultimately be cast as Excelsior's Captain Sulu in ST 6.

Incidently, how many recall that Darth Vader and Miss Piggy both appeared in the first Star Trek title and that *ALDERAN* Spaceport (remember Star Wars?) appeared as a reference in an early DS9 episode?

-jl