Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

the vanishing film

metz44

I have been searching for a copy of "The Captain from Koepenick"with Albert Bassermann.............the film was released in 1945. a PRC production....a truly fine comedic gem...there have been other versions, but IMHO this was the best...here is a portion of a viewers comment

"The Captain from koepenick(1945)...........l aka I Was a Criminal (1945) ...

... aka Passport to Heaven (USA)

. "This is a small film about a simple man against the state. It is both funny and deeply touching and Basserman gives perhaps his greatest performance. I know it as "Passport to Heaven," but it was released under several titles. It is a shame that this film cannot be found in any format"

"

I still remember seeing it after all these years...What a shame that you can't see it for yourselves..last time on television about 1960.

does anyone know where i might obtain a copy??any help would be appreciated

Metz, about a year ago someone who I run across about once every couple of months asked me the same thing. He knows I have quite a collection of VHS (most from TCM) and he was looking for that very movie. FWIW, his name is Ralph. Anyway when I see him I'll ask if he ever found it. I had his email at one time but it's not on my current address list. I'll look. Thanks.

Message was edited by: laffite

.i thank you very much for your kind assistance...maybe i will have some luck..this is a film i know you too would enjoy....just check imdb or tcm for the the reviews and cast...a big handful of very well known character actors.contribute to the fun of watching..thanks again...bill metz

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings