Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

New TCM mystery bug...

FredCDobbs

There's a new "bug", some kind of tiny little logo, that sometimes appears in the far upper left-hand corner of my TV screen during TCM movies, mainly at night. It appears for about two or three seconds. I can't read it because it's so small. Seems to be blue and white. Anyone have any ideas about what it is and what it's for?

There's a spider living on the top left edge of your TV that drops down at night sometimes. I've seen them myself. They usually carry an American flag and wave it around for some reason.

• 2 weeks later...

I've been seeing the bug in the upper left-hand corner of wide-screen color movies, once or twice during the movies, up in the black area in letterboxed films. I haven't seen it during older b&w films.

The last film was distributed by Sony Pictures, and I wonder if it was a Sony bug, as a copyright protection device? It's only on the screen for about 1 or 2 seconds.

Fred, I beginning to think you're watching too much tv. Try turning it off, dimming the lights and putting a cold cloth on your forehead. Pretty soon all the little buggies will go away.

Seriously, I haven't a clue what you're seeing. I have DirecTV too and I record TCM and other channles at all hours of the day and night and have never seen it. If it where some sort of ID for the channel or whatever it would certainly be large enough to read and would stay up longer. This certainly is a mystery.

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings