Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Warner Gangsters Part 3 any thoughts ?

I've seen them all and I actually may get this set eventually---and I haven't either of the previous two. I think they are each unique and interesting and not the "typical" bunch everyone thinks of. Brother Orchid is probably the most unique and certainly has one of the oddest endings of any gangster flick!

I bought the set mainly for The Black Legion an anti - Klan, anti - hate film. It stars Bogart, Dick Foran, and Ann Sheridan. The set is very good, byt the commentary on Legion could be better.

I got this set for $29.99 at Sam's Club. I've watched Lady Killer and Smart Money. I thought Lady Killer was great. Smart Money was solid. If you're a fan of early Warner Brothers movies then like the first 2 sets this is essential. For $29.99, who could turn this down?

• 1 month later...

It's definitely worth checking out as all the films are, at the very least, entertaining. But don't be misled by the title GANGSTERS---most of these aren't really gangster films (although they do incorporate various aspects of crimnal behavior).

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, this set is worth getting..more great movies...I wouldnt call Black Legion a Gangster movie..not sure what Warner was driving at here...it would have fit better as a Controversial Classic at least to me..

Now Gangsters 4 is coming out in September..same situation..anyone see those titles ?

Speaking of Gangster movies..anyone amazed that the Threat hasnt been released yet ??