Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

New Amsterdam

rainingviolets21

This new series on Fox is my favorite new show, it is a wonderful fantasy show about a man who came to America when New York was still called New Amsterdam, he saves a young indian

shaman and she in turn grants him the gift of eternal youth, as the years go by the hero, who calls himself John Amsterdam (Nickoli Walidau) marries many times and sees his wife and children age but he remains untouched by the passing years and sometimes lives with his elderly children who all seem to understand their fathers gift and love him regardless...This series is a real

winner because the hero is a police detective who is doomed to live forever unless he finds the one true love that will make him resume the aging process, being over 400 years old he is constantly reminicsing about times gone by and the wonderful director has him entering a room in 2008, and have him exit into the year 1929, and shows another segment of his long life...this series is. as I say, very original and I truly wish it will continue for a few years...BRAVO

That sounds like fun. Thanks for the tip. That time-shifting device you describe reminds me of Kurt Vonnegut's novel _Slaughterhouse Five_ which was made into a pretty decent movie. I haven't followed a new TV series in awhile, but this one sounds interesting.

I've been watching it,,,,,,but I think it was way too fast that he "found the one"......maybe the studio did that so quick because it might not come back next fall...????. But I tell you....I HATE his partner...she is just BLAH!!!!!!!!! The female partner in the new this season show "Life" is much better.

Apparantly the doctor isn't the one because he hasn't yet aged, do you remember when he first saw the doctor getting off the subway, just before he saw the doctor, another girl, a ravishing brunette appeared and the camera paused just for a second, well, I believe the brunette is the right one..Now even if this gets cancelled, which I don.t think will happen, because in one week a million new viewers tuned in, the Sci/Fi channel will pick it up and make it on their new schedule...

Sci-Fi pick it up? Like they've breathed new life into NOWHERE MAN? Like JOHN DOE? Like INVISIBLE MAN?

Wasn't there a show a few months ago about some Time Jumper guy, a reporter? It was like a non-cartoon version of QUANTUM LEAP, I thought.

I suspect NEW AM won't be around too long. It seems interesting, though, and I'm glad they're showing at least some of the episodes on-line. I'm not sure why they can't show ALL of the episodes - oh well.

Ah yes, JourneyMan. From the title alone, I couldn't tell if this was a machinist's apprentice or what. And I suppose "Take A Leap" wasn't considered a good option either, although that's what happened, I suppose.

In old radio shows, it was understood a closed-room with a door could let in a series of characters. And successful shows were able to repeatedly insert those characters for their one-lines or single-schticks - whatever.

But in so many modern TV shows, there seems to be a confusion about inserting vast amounts of characters as if they WILL be repeated, as if their schtick IS worth repeating. It's like the writers are saying, "Listen, our current crop of characters are so dull and uninteresting - let's just keep throwing in new characters all the time - make it like Spaghetti Cooking - let's hope some of it sticks to the wall!"

To me, it's still more Oscar Madison-like - just a LOT of garbage, piling up. It's REAL easy for audiences to shut that door and never open it. Fibber McGee did it for decades - I hope today's TV audiences don't think piling in more junk is the same as 'more entertainment'.

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings