Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Ann Miller Passed Away

nickdimeo

Annie was a swell gal, a regular gal, a sweet gal and most of all a talented gal. I adored her in interviews since she was so cordial, up-front and honest. She would speak from her heart genuinely praising those that worked with her. A vavacious true blue Texan she proved to be the most devastatingly fast tap dancer since Eleanor Powell. She had vim and verve and although didn't expose her waist those fabulous legs were almost always in evidence in her musicals.

I'll miss her bright smile and brassy sweetness. Ann Miller was one of a kind.

Mongo

So sad to hear this. Ann Miller was a very talented lady -- she could sing, act and dance. Her tap dance numbers made her America's number one female hoofer, which she put to later use on Broadway. I saw an interview of hers awhile back and she gave me the same impression Mongo expressed -- gracious, up-front and sincere. She will be missed.

Man, what a life this lady led!!! Imagine the things she saw, the people she worked with, the stories she could tell. all this while being just a regular gal...Someone you could probably share a beer and an afternoon of gossip with!!

She was classic...how lucky we are to have her talent with us always. Hell yeah, she'll be missed.

What I always adored about the fabulous Ann Miller was that she exuded that brassy, warm, down-to-earth gal you'd love to have as a buddy. But when she started dancing, she just zoomed into another dimension. She became a knockout hoofer who could hold her own with Fred Astaire or Gene Kelly. And those, long, great looking legs of her. I had the pleasure of meeting her several years ago, along with Alice Faye, Betty Grable, etc. when they were appearing on a PBS telethon here in NYC. All those gals were fabulous--very down to earth, earthy with no illusions about fame and funny as hell. Annie, we're gonna miss you!

My first introduction to Ann Miller was as a kid seeing her tap dancing in a soup commercial. I don't recall the soup but the close-ups of her foot tapping was amazing! I just could not believe my eyes and ears. It wasn't long after that I saw "On the Town". I've been a fan ever since. I had planned, before hearing of her death, to watch "Stagedoor" tonight. She was the last of the that fantasic cast.

I can't believe that I hadn't heard about Ann Miller's passing until today! I didn't see it on Yahoo news or the IMDb. I am so saddened by her death. She was always one of my favorite actors from the golden age of musicals. Who could forget Ann tapping on a coffee table in a red sequined bodysuit to "Too Darn Hot" in KISS ME, KATE? Another one of my favorite Ann moments is the fabulous "Shaking the Blues Away" number from EASTER PARADE. I'll have to get out my dvd of ON THE TOWN today and watch it in tribute to her. What a talent.

Sandy K

The tribute to Ann Miller will be aired this Tuesday January 27th. beginning at 8pm:

"On the Town"

"Private Screenings" interview with Robert Osborne

"Easter Parade"

"Kiss Me Kate"

"Hit the Deck"

"Private Screenings" repeated

Since the tribute will go into the wee hours of the morning you may want to set your VCR.

Mongo

I will miss Ann on tcm always looked forward to her

input about the ole days of Hollywood.She was never too busy to help on tcm THANKS ANN!.........and don't call

her a hoofer! SHE WAS A BRIGHT SHINING STAR!..........

But she would probably say "Please honey i'm just a hoofer that earned her bread & butter dancing thank god!

and thank god she did love her, love her,love her.

Mongo,

Thanks so much for that reminder, I will record that especially for my Mom. My Mom is 80 years old and is sad to see so many of the personalities from her age group leaving us. So I will definitely record this and thanks again. Ann Miller was a great star and seemed like a very gracious and wonderful person as well. Thanks Ann for all your great work!!

Mongo,

Thanks so much for that reminder, I will record that especially for my Mom. My Mom is 80 years old and is sad to see so many of the personalities from her age group leaving us. So I will definitely record this and thanks again. Ann Miller was a great star and seemed like a very gracious and wonderful person as well. Thanks Ann for all your great work!!

I'm pleased to hear that TCM is doing such a good memorial tribute for Ann Miller, especially her interview with Robert Osborne. These are the kinds of specials that I wish TCM would get busy with as more and more of our favorites are passing away.

I'm disappointed that "Modern Times" is probably going to get bumped that night (I've been waiting forever to see this silent), but I'm sure TCM will have it on in March in honor of Chaplin being the Star of the Month in March. At any rate, the whole evening of the 27th. being devoted to Ann is great! Thanks TCM!

Rest In peace Ann Miller. I'm glad I found out about you while you were still alive, hope you received my fan letter a couple of years ago. We lossed another great but their talent in movies still live on. Marilyn Mller, Ruby Keeler, Eleanor Powell, Ginger Rogers, Betty Grable, Rita Hayworth, Vera-Ellen and Ann Miller may all you wonderful dancers rest in peace. How dare they call Janet Jackson, MaDonna, Britney Spears and Jennifer Lopez great dancers. Miller, Keeler, Powell, Rogers, Grable, Hayworth, Vera-Ellen, Miller would dance circles, sqaures, and triangles around them.