Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

sonja henie ~ graceful skater

butterscotchgreer

i love sonja henie's movies. i think she was very underrated as an actress and people leaned more toward great skater as her great characteristic. but i do love her skating! she won three gold medals in the Olypics! how amazing! she always told a story with her skating. some skaters are just plain with no grace and gift of flowing to the rhythm of the skating, but she always had that.

henie.gif

sh7d3.jpg

shg35.jpg

Hi Tea! One of my favorite musicals is Sun Valley Serenade. It has just about the best swing music (with Glenn Miller & his Orchestra) of any movie of the period. Plus, it has JOHN PAYNE. :D I love that guy and he and Sonja were cute together.

hey dahlink!

Sun Valley Serenade is one my my fav musicals too! i cant believe this! ;) i loved the the great glenn miller was in it! you dont see many movies with glenn. he was also in Orchestra Wives as Gene Morisson. i loooove both of these movies, but Sune Valley Serenade is definitely at the top of my list! john payne was another cutie, who just happened to be one of her many costars. i love them together. i also loved her with cesar romero! how different can you get with those two? heehee! but they actually acted well together.

> {quote:title=butterscotchgreer wrote:}{quote}

> yes i think it is on DVD. i think i saw it on Ebay not too long ago. you might want to check amazon. i was just there. i wanna get that one so badly!

>

> this movie always reminds me of that Monkees song, "pleasant valley sunday". i guess its because they have similar titles. heehee!

Hi Princess Tea,

That may have been a dvd-r you saw on Ebay. So far this wonderful musical isn't on dvd. Orchestra Wives is but I don't care for that one as much. I don't think I know that Monkees song.

BSG: I agree with you about Henie with Tyrone Power. Soooooo attractive.

And didn't "Sun Valley Serenade" have the fantastic Nicholas Brothers trying to catch the Chattanooga Choo-Choo (AND Dorothy Dandridge too?)

I enjoyed Henie's films many years ago. Haven't seen any from beginning to end in eons.

hey metsie! thanks for those beautiful pics! i like sonja with don ameche. i dont think she ever had a bad mathc in her movies. they all fit her style......i love ty power with her in Thin Ice. i love the parts when they are skiing together! they are so cute! skiing was so much different today though. heehee!

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings