Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

The Unknown Purple (1923)

nosound

nosound,

Is this film officially lost??? That's what I thought about among others, King Vidor's THE JACK-KNIFE MAN (1920),and HIS HOUR (1924), Josef' Von Sternberg's THE SALVATION HUNTERS (1925), Raoul Walsh's THE MONKEY TALKS (1927), and FORBIDDEN HOURS (1928) with Ramon Novarro, and Renee Adoree. However, all Five have apparently turned up recently?

Not to mention Vidor's BARDELY'S THE MAGNIFICENT (1926), with John Gilbert, and Eleanor Boardman, currently being restored by David Shepard's Film Preservation Associates. and Lobster films of Paris! Plus the three Colleen Moore titles HER WILD OAT (1927), SYNTHETIC SIN (1928), and WHY BE GOOD (1929), all considered long gone just a few years ago. Now the first has been restored, and the other two will be restored in the near future!

Maybe someone will yet unearth Ernst Lubitsch THE PATRIOT! That has to be very high on the List of Lost Silent films!

I don't believe it is classified as "Lost". There seems to be nothing more to go on except rumors which usually have little value. I would like to see it turn up because I enjoy Henry B. Walthall films. I have also found rumors of Fox's 1927 "The wizard", which I have doubts because except for a select few, most of fox's nitrates were destroyed by fire in the late 1930's in New Jersey?

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings