Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Captain Kangroo Past Away

bggalaxy

bggalaxy your not alone in your sentiments regarding the passing of Bob Keeshan.

Watched and enjoyed by millions of kids (including mine) throughout the years he was a special human being who had a way with entertaining the small fry.

Our family is saddened knowing that he is not gonna be around anymore.

Mongo

Captain Kangaroo was a big part of my childhood also. I vaguely remember one of my favorite characters on the show was Mr. Green Jeans. As you said bggalaxy, a part of my childhood also seems lost. At 32, I'm finding that this trend is happening at an alarming pace(ain't it a **** gettin' old). Just last year Mr.(Fred) Rogers passed away....another childhood favorite of mine. Anyway, so sorry to hear the news.....

Farewell, my childhood. Gentle, funny & always encouraging youngsters to remember others (anyone recall his amiable reminder that "everyday is mother's day"?),and to view life as wondrous, Captain Kangaroo brought the world to me and millions of other children (he always insisted that we were children, not kids). A fine comic spirit has left the stage--Thank you Mr. Keeshan and I hope you and Mr. Rogers can have fun somewhere.

That's okay, ML. Strange things have happened to me on these boards, as well.

And while I'm here, I'll just mention that I used to watch me some Captain Kangaroo...

I use to wake up in the mornings to captain kangeroo

and mr. GreenJeans with my bowl of cereal in front of the t.v. while my folks were still in bed.After the show was over i'd jump on the bed and wake them up ha-ha but

that's another story!thanks for teaching me the following:colors, numbers, reading me stories that i made my mom go out and buy the very next day!.....

plus kindness to people and animals, patience, courtesy,

politeness. thanks for the respect of calling us children not kids I SALUTE YOU CAPTAIN & THANKS FOR BRINGING US CHILDREN UP RIGHT!!!!!................

It really was sad to hear about Captain Kangaroo. I remember his shows very well. At one point, I told people that I was going to marry Mr. Green Jeans! Did any of you hear it on the radio? I was listening to WTOP from Wash,DC and they played the old theme song and it took me back to being a little kid, sitting on the sofa with my stuffed bear, watching Capt Kangaroo. He will be missed. Like someone else said before this maybe he and Mr. Rogers are talking things over.